Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#776 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 5:10 AM
This is seriously impressive. I have not seen anything that I could even compare this to. I greatly anticipate being able to use this neighborhood in my game. I have been downlading medieval CC all night after decided to get back into the Royal Kingdom Challenge. This is exactly what I want.

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Advertisement
Test Subject
#777 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 2:45 AM
Nice!
Jje1000-WOW! THIS IS SOOOO awesome! You have so much skill...I'm in awe. The pictures are absolutely beautiful, and I wish you the best of luck in succeeding with your extraordinary project!
Man, I want to go wandering around that castle myself! Good luck, and thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#778 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 1:57 PM
Hi,

I have been watching this for some months now and am intrigued. I would love to have this world in my game.

It's been almost two months since your last post and I know your busy, but for the hundreds of us waiting for this fabulous creation, It would be really nice for you to pop in every few weeks even just to say hi, that way we know the project hasn't been abandoned?

Sorry if I sound bossy, it's just a suggestion

Keep up the fantastic work.
Theorist
#779 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 5:08 PM
Yeah I'm getting worried about this too a bit. Last version was over a year ago.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#780 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 9:42 PM
Quote:
jje1000 Things are going a bit slow since I'm busy this summer. Other than that, the majority of things are now laid out and need some work actually building them up.

Be patient, folks. Sims 3 is (unfortunately for us!) not the most important thing in the creator's life.

I can't wait for the next Beta though! I have some Medieval CC in a separate folder just for when this comes out.
Test Subject
#781 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 2:36 PM
It would be nice if (s)he just popped in to post something even if (s)he is busy just a 'hi' or 'hello' would suffice. Just a few seconds out of their day just to reassure us support network folk that he was still working on it would be great! I do however, have a convoluted scenario of what WOULD happen if the creator abandoned it, or waited TOO long to post/update. It's actually kinda funny, the scenario XD
Test Subject
#782 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 9:05 PM
Dear jje1000, this is by far one of the most impressive create-a-worlds I've ever come across. About a week ago I discovered this thread, but stupidity overtook me to not see what was on the other 31 pages. Last night I had spent a few hours watching the progress of a world EA would be jealous of. I used the download from page 29, the custom content included, and only found a few problems in a short test. The CC with animations such as beds or doors don't seem to move, and my sims happened to sit awkwardly on the toilet (their legs in the bowl and backs through the wall). The kitchen stove worked flawlessy though, and i'm grateful for that. I noticed a lot of homes were unfurnished, some of them not even having doors or windows. I understand you are very busy, and appreciate the efforts you put forth into this massive project.

I'm not familiar with all of my laptop specs, but i have about 12gb ram, 750gb hardrive (hardrives are gb, right?) a very good graphics card (quad-core). and i'm averaging around 150fps around the farmlands, and 60fps around the castle area. I'm using highest possible graphics settings with 8 lots active at once, and the only bits of lag I experienced was when the framerate dropped to 15 when zipping past the many close lots in the castle yard.

A couple pages back (I believe a year ago, so I hope this isnt some form of necroposting) you asked for a model of house. While the next page offered a beautiful hovel, i felt as if I should add one for some other ideas and inspiration.

The following was a farm house in a small village a distance from the castle. I modified the stone fence, moved a wall, and changed the roofs. I also added a small garden in the back, and a random apple tree not far off.
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums...creenshot-4.jpg

This house also features a stall for horses, since i figured the villagers far from the city would need them the most. I've read about how some worlds have problems when horses are pre-packaged, but I believe there might be a way around this.
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums...creenshot-5.jpg

This is the view from above, it's a two room cottage with all the necessities. The only need not included here is a bath tub, I'm not entirely sure how peasants long ago lived. If this becomes too problematic, you could always move the toilet in the outhouse to accommodate for this.
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums...creenshot-6.jpg

Here is the house from an inside view, the kitchen, dining room, and small living room are visible in this view. As i said before, custom content tends to have problems with animations, but the stove works perfectly. I used a chimney and moveobjects on the create the chimney spout out back. I tested this, and my sims were able to make waffles perfectly fine (a little burnt, though).
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums.../Screenshot.jpg

A sort of guest bedroom in the corner, you asked for the home to fit about four sims. there's room for three sims, and a horse in total. I wasn't sure if you counted pets, but the small bed could easily be made double with a bunk bed.
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums...creenshot-2.jpg

Lastly, there is the master bedroom. It comes with a mirror and dresser for sims who want to change their looks. The arch way wall could be removed if you don't like this, but i found it fitting.
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums...creenshot-3.jpg

Overall this home is surprisingly only $18550, and the only EPs used were WA, and Pets. (I totally forgot that you were using ambitions, so feel free to add things like a shovel.) I did have two sims inside the house when building it. Not entirely sure if that affects the price tag or not. Overall I hope this comes in handy, and if you need any other help with interior design, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Finally, I have a few suggestions for the finished product.
1. I remember seeing a mod that allowed sims to write stories without the use of a computer. They'd use a notebook or such to write. could come in handy.

2. The quarry you've been figuring out how to do as of what i can tell looks like a mine. I wouldn't recommend some massive hole as this could be a little bit of an eye-sore. However, having some sort of mining valley with platforms, a coal mine, and possibly some tracks for carts would turn out neat. You could place a junkyard there. Also for the mining valley idea, you could place a few relic spawners (nothing too fancy or high), and have a relic store somewhere in the town to buy locally found goods.

3. I heard you mention something like a forest in the large plot of flat land. I really loved the original forest, how there was a pathway going through an arch-way and how some stones with flowers lit up a spot. May I reccomend that, except with some well placed waterfalls, maybe another mine our sims could actually go through like the one in egypt, and a small shack in the depths of the forest.

4. I don't believe you are creating anything for showtime or latenight, but the old jousting tournament could easily be turned into an esqueterian centre (not sure if there is a rug, yet) and some sort of ampitheatre could be used as a venue. A Tavern could also easily change into a local watering hole for latenight. These wouldn't have to be in the world, but as seperate downloadable and easily placeable lots would be a great thing to do.

5. I didn't notice a town hall when playing, I'll have to check if my rabbithole rugs are installed. If you haven't already, may i reccomend placing the town hall inside the castle? I know there are rabbithole rugs for residential lots, so this would be possible. Infront of the King's throne would be ideal. (I also noticed a nice looking throne with the Showtime expansion)

6. Finally, with Supernatural over the horizon, i realize this will add a many fairies, zombies, werewolves and such to the world. I recall you mentioning that Magic has no formal presence in this world, but creating some houses which players could change by adding a few items or so would fit the protocol. That small shack in the forest, for example

I look forward to your next updates, and I hope everything goes smoothly for you as you continue an amazing project.
Retired Staff Member
retired moderator
#783 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 12:24 AM
Hai Hai ok so i LOVE this world im doing a medieval neighborhood too and it is very different in style but it has some same ideas As in the walls that suroond the city and such but anywyas AWSOME! :D
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#784 Old 21st Aug 2012 at 9:29 PM
I'm locking this thread up to avoid bumping. When the OP is ready to work on it again and has new stuff to post, they can contact moderators and ask for it to be opened again.

(OP's last activity on this thread on May)
Locked thread
Page 32 of 32