Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2016 at 9:36 PM
Default Maxis makeover lots
Hello lovelies!

Small change to the guidelines for lots (for all games). Starting from now, for lot uploads which are renovations of pre-built Maxis/EA lots, we will be asking for a few screenshots to make the job of comparing things easier. After all, we want to be able to see all of that home-reno TV show magic you've done! We'll need the following screenshots from the original, unmodified (probably ugly as hell) Maxis/EA version of the lot:

• Front view: A picture of the front of your lot with all levels showing, from a low enough angle that it shows the structure well.
  • Floorplans: An overhead picture of each floor.

There are shiny new rubrics to go along with these guidelines, so everything should go smoothly with moderation. Please note that this only applies to Maxis/EA lots. For renovations of lots from other creators, we require a link to the original post, which generally will have the screenshots we need easy to access.

Happy simming!

PHound

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 6:03 AM
This is off topic, but was there a reason why we never added a Sims 1 download section?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 6:34 AM
I have two Maxis lot makeovers and already have the old front and floor plan shots, to me that's a given.

I hope you add that creators (at least for sims 2) have to state if a sim was ever moved into the lot file uploaded. Its a source of corruption and something I have wanted added to the upload rules for quite some time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
dodgy builder
#4 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 7:53 AM
Quote:
I hope you add that creators (at least for sims 2) have to state if a sim was ever moved into the lot file uploaded. Its a source of corruption and something I have wanted added to the upload rules for quite some time.

Is this only for ts2 and what do you mean by lot file uploaded. Do you expect people to keep 2 different versions of the lot always? I would consider it more important for the lot to be playtested. In that case people might leave out playtesting it all together.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 10:01 AM
The lot that gets play tested should be a copy. You place the lot into the lot bin and put it back down renaming it. Move in a sim and test, jotting down anything that needs changing and tweak the original lot accordingly. The majority of us here who upload lots (sims 2) already do this but I got a nasty surprise from a dorm last year which had dormie faces already on the dorm doors. I doubt this applies the TS3 or TS4, they have other issues; but sims TS2 main issue is corruption. I would much rather get an untested lot free from extra sim references than a tested one full of sim references.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 6:58 PM
@joandsarah77 - You raise a very good point, thank you! I have written up a proposed change to the guidelines warning about the dangers of uploading lots which have had sims on them, I'm getting feedback from other mods. Should have the changed wording live within a couple days.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eyuri
This is off topic, but was there a reason why we never added a Sims 1 download section?

We did have a Sims 1 section years ago but by the time Sims 3 rolled in, it was not used much so that section was removed. I don't remember exactly when it was removed but it's been gone for a few years at least.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 10:21 PM
PharaohHound, I'm glad it's being looked into, thank you.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 3:58 AM
love sims 4
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 3:58 AM
very nice
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 3:58 AM
good