Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 10:58 AM
Florist Workbench Gameplay Video
Can anyone point me to a gameplay video of the florist's workbench? I've played a bit of TS2, but not OFB. I'd like to see how this objects works because people seem to really like it. Thanks!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 11:52 AM
I can't pin point any Let's Plays that shows it off the top of my head, but the sims stand at the bench moving small bunches of flowers around until the item they are making is done and if poofs into existence on the work bench. What they can make depends on badge level.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 2:34 PM
@Butterbot: A video? You could just put some sim on a test lot (it's always a good idea to have a test hood especially for such things), and let them buy and use the florists workbench... You'll see soon enough what the fuss is.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 3:37 PM
They don't have OFB yet. I think they're wanting to see the workbench in action before committing to buying it.
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 4:14 PM
Here's a clip of a sim using the bench.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 5:21 PM
OFB is about more than the florist bench And I think it will be worth it - it is about Sims being able to run their own businesses; from home, or from a shop in town (that they have bought). They can also make toys and robots with OFB; and run a bakery. I am sure if you want to know more about the expansion pack, there are a lot of players who can help.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 6:44 PM Last edited by maxon : 28th Apr 2016 at 7:36 PM.
I agree - I wasn't too keen on the idea of OFB when it first released. I wasn't bothered about being able to build shops and have sims own and run them. But the fact is, the change to how lots are handled - specifically the fact that sims can own a community lot that other sims can visit - makes a huge contribution to gameplay possibilities. Just as big as the introduction of seasons or dating did with their respective EPs. For me the big transformative EPs were Nightlife, Seasons and OFB - and I guess AL if you play apartments. The others all contributed varied gameplay but those three changed the game significantly.

After not using it much for quite a while at first, over the years I've used that feature more and more and more. All my service type sims (doctors, vicars, funeral directors, (chief) policepersons, (chief) firepersons, school teachers, judges, bank managers, publicans etc. etc.) own lots of some sort. Only the publicans run their lots as a business. But sims visit the other lots ALL THE TIME. I have shops and restaurants and clubs too nowadays.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 10:11 PM
If you are wanting to know about OFB, it's the best EP ever made- to me at least. It allows your sims to own their own community lots which opens up all kinds of possibilities. From just what the game itself gives you, yes there is the florist bench but also your sims can sell anything from deco items to cars, run a hairdressers, make and sell toys or robots, but they can also have venues like a spa or a nightclub.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 11:15 PM
Thanks for all your insights, and the Youtube link in particular--that was very helpful!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 11:16 PM
ninja'd by snufflepaws - I could only find the clip where she was already running the shop.

Problem is with youtube clips, nobody ever shows anything more than the florist bench in the early stages. It takes many, many hours for a sim to get good enough to get the gold badge. So you don't see the later pretty flower vases that they eventually make. With a gold badge comes snapdragons, which either increase or tank motives and therefore changes gameplay. Here's a short story I found that shows them.
Sims 2 OFB - Story of a Florist Shop
Forum Resident
#11 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 11:15 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 6th May 2016 at 3:28 PM.
I think OFB is an incredible expansion also, like those above me have stated.

Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
With a gold badge comes snapdragons, which either increase or tank motives and therefore changes gameplay.

OP, what I'm about to suggest may take things much further than you've gotten, but if you decide that the stock snapdragons unbalance the game, there's a mod here on MTS that will make them less powerful. Just mentioning it because I and, I've heard, others for a while resorted to banning sims from making snapdragons at all because they made gameplay much too easy when present. So to me, getting those back, but "fixed," restored the full functionality of the bench.