Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 10:24 PM Last edited by cateyz87 : 26th Jan 2017 at 5:44 AM. Reason: solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Unusual cc problem - solved
I've been playing TS3 since it came out and ran across all kinds of issues that were fixed with the lovely help threads on this site. Unfortunately, I've come across something recently I just don't understand how to fix.

I got a new computer for Christmas and it has two drives in it, a C: OS_Install drive and a D: Data drive. I installed all my games and expansion packs on the D: drive and they start up fine. When I add cc to the C:>users>user name>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Mods folders, the cc won't show up in game, the nointro.package file won't work while the .sims3packages work and the game still runs fine. I have the Resource.cfg file and I know everything in in the right place. I even went and download the Mods folder set-up again and moved all my cc into the new folders. But then, when I move the Mods folder to the regular Documents folder on my computer, the nointro.package works but then the game crashes after a couple seconds while loading. I've followed countless guides on this site, went to other sites and read what they had but nothing has been able to fix this problem and I'm not sure I can play the game without cc after so long

So why my cc won't work when it's in the right place? Do I need to do something different because the games are on a different drive?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 10:38 PM
You should add your files to Mods \ Packages. If you already are doing this, can you post a screencap of your folders? I have the game and My Docs on the D drive too and haven't experienced issues. And what do you mean by "the regular Documents folder"? What's the pathway to that folder?

Note that if you move My Documents from C to D, you will have to go through a workaround to get the folder to work properly.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 11:35 PM
Docu folder
I already have the Packages and Overrides folders as well as the Resource.cfg in my Mods folder so I don't think that's the problem. The other Documents folder I was talking about it the one at C:This PC>Documents. I have an identical folder for TS3 in there (didn't make it) and that's the only place the cc works.
Alchemist
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 7:28 AM
Yeah, your setup looks OK. Well then, use the C folder if it works. Or if you want the game to read the My Documents folder from D, you will have to follow the guide above (or a version adapted to your OS) and direct the game to use the D folder to launch.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 10:19 PM
The only problem is that when I have them in the (wrong) folder is, yeah the mods work, but the game crashes 5 seconds into loading. I did try moving the folder to D: but it didn't work for me :/

Thanks for the help though
Alchemist
#6 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 3:44 PM
Ohh, sorry for misunderstanding. Does the game crash with no CC at all?

Edit: it's been ages and I don't remember how they look -- can you post the contents of one of the TXT files you get after a crash?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 12:50 AM
Well, I'm not sure what happened, but I moved the mods folder back to C:This PC>Documents and started the game to get a fresh crash report and this popped up. Hit continue and now all my mods are showing up... I did copy my user files to my D: drive but the game/mods still didn't work when I tried it yesterday.
Alchemist
#8 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 8:37 AM
I think that message pops up when you have a core mod that doesn't match your patch level. Which might also explain the crashing.