Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:39 AM
Default New Year's Resolutions
A time-honored tradition during the month of January is for people to try to find some way in which they'll try to be a better person in the new year. What are yours? (serious or fun or both)

My serious one I still haven't managed to find a way of phrasing exactly the way I'd like, but essentially, I won't let uncomfortable conversations (uncomfortable to me or to other people) keep me from trying to take the morally responsible course of action... essentially inverting the popular attacks on "political correctness" so that instead of encouraging bigotry and hatred, a more unrestricted dialogue can lead to more continued positive social change.

(My less-serious one is to actually buy the cheap Legos I see at garage sales, instead of just thinking about it, then not doing it, then regretting it later. So what if I'm almost 26? Legos are still awesome! )

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 1:59 AM
next mass shooter <-A--------------------------B---------------------------> ideal citizen

Going to try to move my attitude from A to B
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 4:06 AM
Get a permanent job

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Theorist
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 6:49 AM
None, just a load of bullcrap. If you really want to change your behaviour or personality, you don't have to wait until a designated date, in at least 99% of the cases, to try to change this. More exercise, quit smoking, less drinking etc can be done right away. No, New Year's Eve isn't a good reason for delaying, but just an ordinary lame excuse, just like Christmas. And how motivated are you really, if you need this later date at all to start. It sounds more like postponing. There's a Dutch saying that postponing leads to not doing it at all. There's also a reason these resolutions fail a lot, leading to one of the reasons for the infamous blue Monday.

Getting a job and such things I don't count as new year's resolutions to be honest. Simply too little in your own control.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 4:44 PM
My New Year's Resolution is to stop making New Year's Resolutions.

Wait, shit
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 11:52 PM
I don't really have one, but for the past few months I've been concentrating on making small talk. It use to be I didn't care for it or it'd make me feel awkward, which didn't exactly make me very approachable and I seemed very quiet/moody. So I've been trying to start conversations with anyone. I've gotten into a habit now of talking to cashiers while I'm buying things, or talking to my patients while doing things, or even just colleagues as I walk past them in the corridors or when we're both looking at files.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge