Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 6:23 AM
How to remove shine/reflection of an object OR how to make an object be opaque?
well, I have here an object in which converted and would be able to remove this reflection that letting the baby stroller with the appearance of plastic, including the parts that should be fabric. how to solve this? thanks in advance ♥

Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 6:56 AM
You need to edit the TXMT. All you need to do is change the line stdMatEnvCubeMode from reflection to none. Commit and save - shine should be gone.

If you want the non-fabric parts to keep their shine and the mesh is only 1 subset, you'll need to separate the mesh into 2 subsets and edit the TXMT for the fabric only.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
You need to edit the TXMT. All you need to do is change the line stdMatEnvCubeMode from reflection to none. Commit and save - shine should be gone.

If you want the non-fabric parts to keep their shine and the mesh is only 1 subset, you'll need to separate the mesh into 2 subsets and edit the TXMT for the fabric only.

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHHHHHHH, I'LL TRY NOW!!! GOD BLESS YOU AHAHAHHAA(really) :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 9:34 AM
Hope it works for you.

There *is* something I forgot to say in my above post: if you want to keep the shine for the non-fabric parts, you'd need to separate the mesh into 2 groups (subsets) AND add a TXMT and a line in the SHPE for the new subset. Also - if you'd want the new subset to be recolorable, you'd need to add a MMAT for it. Since you didn't say if you want to do this or not, I won't explain how to do it. I don't know what you know how to do, so if you would like the mesh to be 2 subsets and don't know how to do it, let me know. (Because I've told you what you'd need to do but not *how* to do it!)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Hope it works for you.

There *is* something I forgot to say in my above post: if you want to keep the shine for the non-fabric parts, you'd need to separate the mesh into 2 groups (subsets) AND add a TXMT and a line in the SHPE for the new subset. Also - if you'd want the new subset to be recolorable, you'd need to add a MMAT for it. Since you didn't say if you want to do this or not, I won't explain how to do it. I don't know what you know how to do, so if you would like the mesh to be 2 subsets and don't know how to do it, let me know. (Because I've told you what you'd need to do but not *how* to do it!)

Have you a tutorial or images about it? :s
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beegomez
Have you a tutorial or images about it? :s

Pixelhate made the best tutorial I've found about TXMT :
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=316260

The tutorial about adding subsets is here :
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=103379