Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 6:27 PM
Default More business hacks
WCIF these hacks:

* Customers don't interrupt
- It's so annoying when customers interrupt cashiers or stocking people, when they say goodbye or something, causing them to lose their task, wandering off somewhere else. I'm like "I don't care that you're leaving, you're bothering me!"
* No best of the best award reaction
- I've heard having a best of the best award on the lot is useful for the business, although I'm not sure if having multiple ones spread out on the lot is. So first of all, if someone could please let me know if there is any point in that, because I couldn't find info about it anywhere, that'd be great. And if so, is there a hack that removes the constant reactions to seeing the prizes? I had to remove them because I got tired of the noise. (Try having 30+ customers reacting to 10 prizes over and over again ) But I could just get rid of the prizes if there isn't a benefit to having them around. If there is, a mod would be useful.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
WCIF these hacks:

* Customers don't interrupt
- It's so annoying when customers interrupt cashiers or stocking people, when they say goodbye or something, causing them to lose their task, wandering off somewhere else. I'm like "I don't care that you're leaving, you're bothering me!"

I don't know if Cyjon's "Just Leave Already" will affect business customers, but it can't hurt to try it. - http://www.cyjon.net/node/215

Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
* No best of the best award reaction
- I've heard having a best of the best award on the lot is useful for the business, although I'm not sure if having multiple ones spread out on the lot is. So first of all, if someone could please let me know if there is any point in that, because I couldn't find info about it anywhere, that'd be great. And if so, is there a hack that removes the constant reactions to seeing the prizes? I had to remove them because I got tired of the noise. (Try having 30+ customers reacting to 10 prizes over and over again ) But I could just get rid of the prizes if there isn't a benefit to having them around. If there is, a mod would be useful.

I don't know of any mod to get rid of the reaction to these awards. What they do is to boost the sales bar of nearby customers and make them more likely to buy stuff. I've been putting one next to the main entrance - one on each side of each entrance if possible. The strategy guide below says they have an area effect, so maybe it would be better to place them near items you most want to sell. In a restaurant, place them near the podium. In a venue, place them near the ticket machine. You don't have to use all of the ones you have. If you have extras that you don't need, just leave them in the owner's inventory.

Interestingly, the strategy guide says that the "first simolean" thing also gives a boost to the sales bar, just a much smaller one than the BOTB award. I always thought it was just decorative.
https://www.neoseeker.com/the-sims-...ms-2-ofb-a.html

More useful tips on running a business in the second half of this post. (The first part is about types of businesses.)
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...722#post3521722
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 7:24 AM
That "just leave" hack is actually really helpful! Just what I want! Thank you!

It's a shame there isn't a mod about the best of the best prize, I'll just have to live with it if I want to use it. XD Maybe I'll not use all 10 prizes then, haha!