Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 5:04 PM Last edited by RoryAusten22 : 8th Oct 2013 at 9:22 AM.
Default Killed my annoying adviser
I hated the Royal Adviser so much that I sent him to the pit. (he was stalking the Queen's true love, the Wizard) Good riddance! I thought.......... Now I haven't been offered another. How do I get a replacement? So far no quest has required the replacement but I'm doing the ambition where I have to annex all the territories and I'm almost positive I'll need to have a new one.
Edit: This was a symptom of dire things. My kingdom stopped loading so I went into my saves file and replaced it with and earlier version. This worked fine but now the blue eye bug is back. I won't be killing the adviser again.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 11:07 AM
It should generate a new one instantly. I advise you to wait until you've finished the ambition and are playing the free time before killing the adviser. Lol.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 4:43 PM
I guess I am late in answering the question as likely you have completed this particular Ambition by now Rory Austen, but here goes anyway, in case you ever encounter the error again. Firstly what you might have done when this happened, hoping you had saved your game fairly close to the time you took the action of killing the advisor, is to have stopped the game without saving it, then simply rebooting the game, so as the advisor would still be there, and then you only need to re-kill him, and see if a new one arrives. I think it depends upon who was killed whether or not the sim of a profession arrives immediately or not, at least it seems so using Simmodder's Populous II Plus mod, where the monarch has 4 advisers, 3 added to the default advisor given by the game, and 3 more servants plus the default servant given by the game so makes 4, also. I think you would not have had the error at all if you had been using this mod of Populous II, since if the default one would not be replaced, who cares, you have 3 more to either allow to live or to kill.

But if you have no liking for such a mod that adds more sims to possibly irritate you, the best thing one might do is to just quit the game without saving, then just redo whatever actions one feels they must, in order to better insure the outcome of any situation one is dealing with in-game is to the Watcher's (your) satisfaction. For example, if my monarch is in the pit, and Griszelda is in a bad mood and wants to eat my Xylan, if by chance I have him jump in before level 5, I then pause my game right when she rears up to gobble him, I place my pointer on her head or neck, press down the shift key with my other hand, and left click on my mouse, the select the option "Object" the select "reset", which resets Grizelda the pit beast, so she just plops back down into the pit, and Xylan lives for another quest...but on an odd and rare occasion, things don't work as I intend, an accidental slip while clicking, or something else, and Xylan is chomped. I can't play without my Xylan, cartoon or no, I love him! So after my shock has subsided to simple tenseness, I quit the game and just start it up again, and my beloved sim monarch is just how he should be, alive, well, and smiling like he loves me...LOL I care not how much of the quest I would need to replay to get back to the place I was at when the slip occurred, my Xylan's presence in the game means more to me than the point in the game, for without him, I have no joy in the playing of it. I have had my special Sims for a long time. Perhaps this is not the case for you, but even if it isn't, some day it might be, for the Sims in Medieval and Pirates and Nobles are the most real like human Sims ever to be in any game. A Watcher therefore begins to get attached, and more so grows to love, yes a cartoonish like computer game image, but lets not look at it that way. That way isn't any fun.

Hope some tips were very helpful for you. Good luck and have a blast, Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 12:21 AM
"For example, if my monarch is in the pit, and Griszelda is in a bad mood and wants to eat my Xylan, if by chance I have him jump in before level 5, I then pause my game right when she rears up to gobble him, I place my pointer on her head or neck, press down the shift key with my other hand, and left click on my mouse, the select the option "Object" the select "reset", which resets Grizelda the pit beast, so she just plops back down into the pit, and Xylan lives for another quest.."

Xeny!!! LOL!! You named the Pit Beast! I love it! Object reset is such a useful tool and I always forget about it. Thanks for the reminder. As for the evil adviser who was stalking the queen's true love, he deserved what he got. He was so mean and rude he probably gave the poor beast indigestion and gas. I got lucky with this particular difficulty because I had made an extra copy of that kingdom and saved it to my desktop just the day before. I simply replaced the kingdom with the saved one and moved on. Sadly, I had to let the adviser jerk live this time. I blamed the whole incident on the Time Lord from Ticktop.

I really need to save more while I'm playing but I get so caught up in what's happening I forget and then when I exit to avoid some undesirable outcome, it takes me back to the beginning of the quest.
Thanks for all the tips.

Rory
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoryAusten22

Xeny!!! LOL!! You named the Pit Beast! I love it!

Rory

I seem to recall that in the files the pit beast is referenced somewhere with the non-glorious name of Stephen which made me laugh...it was a while ago I saw it and it might have been the one in the pot attached to the wizard's table.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
I seem to recall that in the files the pit beast is referenced somewhere with the non-glorious name of Stephen which made me laugh...it was a while ago I saw it and it might have been the one in the pot attached to the wizard's table.

That is too cute. I have always wished there were interactions with the baby pit beast in the pot. Is it possible to make a mod with interactions for it, perhaps it could "bite the hand that feeds it"? LOL

And Rory, I'm shocked that I didn't mention this concerning your bad adviser, as it is an action I take concerning almost ever sim in the game if something they do is disturbing to me, though on an odd occasion, their personality is not reformed for the better, but these instances are rare. I modify the sims' traits, especially those guarding the throne, and the throne room. It started simply because a Watcher can't fire the pugs from their profession, at least not without some trouble, but anyway the first situation that angered and troubled me, was when a guard was unkept, and would fart while standing to either the right or left of the throne while Xylan was sitting on it. OMG if a anyone did that to a monarch in real life, likely some spy would take him or her out in the pasture and feed him to the crows! Never to be seen or heard from again, and a story created to disguise any guilt on the part of the governing faculty, indeed!
So thanks to mods and my rules, I can shift click on any sim that needs modifying, and give them the trait I deem them most qualified to accept due to my desire to either punish them, or make them a bit happier. Like if I destest the sim, I might give them Call of the Sea. By itself to a hero sim, it is not a torture, especially when you are controlling them, and can ease their distress, or relieving their pain, BUT to a sim that cannot just take off and go fishing with the monarch's ship, like a guard, they are forced to endure their aches (Geez, I sound evil), but I see it as a kind of justice for their mean or cruel or disrespectful actions towards other sims, or my monarch. Its just desserts for them!
You could have changed your bad adviser's traits, to make him nicer or whatever you wished him to be, you simply need to take control of them first, having your game paused makes it easier to be more precise in your trait selections, making them a new sim by personality means. Then shift and left click, select modify sim traits, change whatever you want of them, you know how, and release them back into the wilds of your sim kingdom. There is much less chance they will be sent to their death in whatever means by your monarch if they are a nicer sim due to your changes. Its the only way I can tolerate some of the sims in a game being so close to my babykins, Xylan.

For you see, I endured much awful behavior from the builder for too long, maybe 2 years, well before I used mods, watching that horrible man slap a king, and watch my king jerk back then chat with him like an old friend, when I was not controlling Xylan in the quest, and never being able to avenge Xylan as the builder could not be killed, and the punishment of the stocks was not punishment enough, as he never learned his lesson and stopped. There was humiliation, the aspect of emotions I detest the most, of being slapped and not being able to be avenged or avenge yourself, so my anger grew to a terrible monster, if you will. To this day, no matter what traits the builder is given by default or even if I modify his traits, my hatred of him has not ceased.

My only revenge I had ever got for Xylan back in the day when the builder was so awful, was to dress him up in hot pink clothing for the entire game after his misdeeds to Xylan, and give him a spring green colored beard. He looked so stupid, and not of the heterosexual nature that I laughed at him every time I saw his dog faced mug. I still have Xylan avoid any situations that might bond them as friends. Ewww, the thought gives me shivers!

There are always little tricks one can use in Medieval that will bring a Watcher some joy and even peace, with or without mods, but mods make it so much easier to encounter the tools one can use to make the tricks accessible and speedily put into use.

But remember Rory, without the pain, there is no growth, without the anger there is no joy, without tears there cannot be happiness, but using mods can bring us to an outcome we desire at a faster pace! And hopefully done in grace, as you see, a bloody kingdom is simply a BIG mess in any case.

Whatever methods you choose in running your kingdoms, matters not if you ain't having the blast of your life gaming! I sure am!

Take Care now, Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
That is too cute. I have always wished there were interactions with the baby pit beast in the pot. Is it possible to make a mod with interactions for it, perhaps it could "bite the hand that feeds it"? LOL

And Rory, I'm shocked that I didn't mention this concerning your bad adviser, as it is an action I take concerning almost ever sim in the game if something they do is disturbing to me, though on an odd occasion, their personality is not reformed for the better, but these instances are rare. I modify the sims' traits, especially those guarding the throne, and the throne room. It started simply because a Watcher can't fire the pugs from their profession, at least not without some trouble, but anyway the first situation that angered and troubled me, was when a guard was unkept, and would fart while standing to either the right or left of the throne while Xylan was sitting on it. OMG if a anyone did that to a monarch in real life, likely some spy would take him or her out in the pasture and feed him to the crows! Never to be seen or heard from again, and a story created to disguise any guilt on the part of the governing faculty, indeed!
So thanks to mods and my rules, I can shift click on any sim that needs modifying, and give them the trait I deem them most qualified to accept due to my desire to either punish them, or make them a bit happier. Like if I destest the sim, I might give them Call of the Sea. By itself to a hero sim, it is not a torture, especially when you are controlling them, and can ease their distress, or relieving their pain, BUT to a sim that cannot just take off and go fishing with the monarch's ship, like a guard, they are forced to endure their aches (Geez, I sound evil), but I see it as a kind of justice for their mean or cruel or disrespectful actions towards other sims, or my monarch. Its just desserts for them!
You could have changed your bad adviser's traits, to make him nicer or whatever you wished him to be, you simply need to take control of them first, having your game paused makes it easier to be more precise in your trait selections, making them a new sim by personality means. Then shift and left click, select modify sim traits, change whatever you want of them, you know how, and release them back into the wilds of your sim kingdom. There is much less chance they will be sent to their death in whatever means by your monarch if they are a nicer sim due to your changes. Its the only way I can tolerate some of the sims in a game being so close to my babykins, Xylan.

For you see, I endured much awful behavior from the builder for too long, maybe 2 years, well before I used mods, watching that horrible man slap a king, and watch my king jerk back then chat with him like an old friend, when I was not controlling Xylan in the quest, and never being able to avenge Xylan as the builder could not be killed, and the punishment of the stocks was not punishment enough, as he never learned his lesson and stopped. There was humiliation, the aspect of emotions I detest the most, of being slapped and not being able to be avenged or avenge yourself, so my anger grew to a terrible monster, if you will. To this day, no matter what traits the builder is given by default or even if I modify his traits, my hatred of him has not ceased.

My only revenge I had ever got for Xylan back in the day when the builder was so awful, was to dress him up in hot pink clothing for the entire game after his misdeeds to Xylan, and give him a spring green colored beard. He looked so stupid, and not of the heterosexual nature that I laughed at him every time I saw his dog faced mug. I still have Xylan avoid any situations that might bond them as friends. Ewww, the thought gives me shivers!

There are always little tricks one can use in Medieval that will bring a Watcher some joy and even peace, with or without mods, but mods make it so much easier to encounter the tools one can use to make the tricks accessible and speedily put into use.

But remember Rory, without the pain, there is no growth, without the anger there is no joy, without tears there cannot be happiness, but using mods can bring us to an outcome we desire at a faster pace! And hopefully done in grace, as you see, a bloody kingdom is simply a BIG mess in any case.

Whatever methods you choose in running your kingdoms, matters not if you ain't having the blast of your life gaming! I sure am!

Take Care now, Xeny

Xeny, I agree a Mod to have interactions with the baby pit beast would be wonderful. Your idea about biting the hand that feeds it is perfect. One time I got a reward for some achievement and it was a baby pit beast in a pot. It was called the Lil Sucker and was put into my household inventory. The bad thing was that I could not buy another for all my kingdoms. Then when I activated buydebug it was in there! And it works too. Some of the items send my kingdom into a perpetual save mode when I try to leave build mode so I'm careful about what I use from there.

As for modifying my Sims traits, as I now have Grim's Core installed (which I didn't at the time we're speaking of) I can make them whatever I like. It's a mystery to me why the builder, the adviser and the Tredonian ambassador are always such horrible people. Greedy, vain, evil, cruel, and bloodthirsty. I got totally fed up with them. (Is this how God feels about us?) Since I'm the Watcher in charge of my little world I'm well within my rights to make and change them as I please. I like the idea of getting revenge on the bad ones. Whenever I send one to the pit I always say "All are punished". You've been very creative with your revenge though! Whenever a Sim is particularly unpleasant, I just have my hero's avoid them. I definitely don't want them to be friends with these creeps as I think it just encourages them if the Queen, King or other important people are seemingly condoning their behavior. As for not doing anything about them, this is not an option. Anger turned inward is depression and, as in real life, I refuse to suffer assholes gladly.

I don't care for a bloody, violent kingdom either. As well as being a big old mess, it causes a lot more fights and discontent. It's as though violence is culturally catching, just like real life. I can't make all of my Sims perfectly happy all the time, but I do my best. They all have the highest amount of free will to do as they like most of the time, so on their heads be it.

Rory The Watcher
Scholar
#8 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 6:48 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 15th Nov 2013 at 11:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoryAusten22
It's a mystery to me why the builder, the adviser and the Tredonian ambassador are always such horrible people. Greedy, vain, evil, cruel, and bloodthirsty.

There are xmls for the role sims that list the 'required' traits, so all those traits you listed will be required for the sim to be assigned the role they get given. The servants are always solitary. I spawn 12 servants at a time, and I like to give them roles such as governess, royal guard, lesser nobility hand maiden, footman,consorts etc so solitary isn't always a good trait for them to have. I modified the servants xml to use a wider variety of acceptable traits. Now I assign the roles based on the traits they spawn with and what role those traits fit best with.

*edit* Advisor just has to be eloquent. Can't find the build master and the Tredonian is I think, vain. The territories are just numbered not named, so it's a guess which is which.
I'd assume with only so many fatal flaws to pick from you've just been unlucky so far. My newest build master has ok traits....think my last one did as well, before that they were normally cruel or bloodthirsty.
You could try adding an exclude to their listing although it doesn't always work for unkempt on the servants, but with more traits included it's less likely to come up.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
There are xmls for the role sims that list the 'required' traits, so all those traits you listed will be required for the sim to be assigned the role they get given. The servants are always solitary. I spawn 12 servants at a time, and I like to give them roles such as governess, royal guard, lesser nobility hand maiden, footman,consorts etc so solitary isn't always a good trait for them to have. I modified the servants xml to use a wider variety of acceptable traits. Now I assign the roles based on the traits they spawn with and what role those traits fit best with.

*edit* Advisor just has to be eloquent. Can't find the build master and the Tredonian is I think, vain. The territories are just numbered not named, so it's a guess which is which.
I'd assume with only so many fatal flaws to pick from you've just been unlucky so far. My newest build master has ok traits....think my last one did as well, before that they were normally cruel or bloodthirsty.
You could try adding an exclude to their listing although it doesn't always work for unkempt on the servants, but with more traits included it's less likely to come up.

Hiya Chickie, territories are numbered not named, I recently saw a diagram of sorts, a map if you will, printed out on an EA Games web site for The Sims Medieval in which one of the developer's was informing a customer about the placements of building in what will cause game crashes etc. I will hunt for it in my massively loaded bookmarks and post it here for you, if you like, as I believe there also he numbered the territories, and as they are drawn in a map form, one who knows the game should then have the ability to determine which is which...I THINK I bookmarked it...so I hope I can find it. I had only seen it once, never in all my time researching the net for answers did I encounter it, but the last time and that was about a week ago.

Secondly, do I understand what you are saying about the default traits of some characters not being able to be changed, that a Watcher must accept one of the traits given by default to them, such as solitary for a servant? Or do you simply mean that a particular trait using the same example of solitary for a servant, will always be their default trait in every kingdom?

Now the second question I have seen for myself, but those are just as easily modified as any trait given to any sim, including the randomly selected traits the game might give them. I have never encountered any problems in doing so, as usually the automatic trait given by the game for most characters is always the most irritating, except for Eloquent for an adviser. The builder being vain wouldn't bother me at all if he would use the other mirror in one of the other rooms, and not constantly try and invade the monarch's room. A blessing from the Lord to the modder who made door locks for the game, Grim, yes? I believe another modder also had a hand in it, too?

Hi Rory, you got the baby pit beast when you jumped in the pit and chose an option the game gave you to either avoid the pit beast, or move closer as something was wrong with her, and then survived. If you have all of your locked items unlocked, or even just some of them, you would not need the buydebug mod in order to purchase the baby pit beast pot in regular furnish mode. You might try one of the unlocker mods which will open up a lot of stuff and make it easier to acquire than using buydebug, as that mod is very troublesome, it has frozen me in buy mode, forcing me to have to shut down my game using Windows Task Manager, and therefore losing any progress i've made in the game, its crashed my game when trying to set objects correctly from it.

I'll tell you a great one I just found 2 days ago, here, and Chickie was asking about it to its author, whether or not it faced any troubles in re-locking locked items after unlocking them, or similar, remember Chickie?

Its called MTS_DeeDawgMods.UnlockerManager and its very easy, doesn't crash your game, or harm a hair on the head of any part of your monarch, LOL.

Gosh I hope I don't have to code this, LOL Here is the link:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=514706

If you use this mod, try not to over burden the poor baby pit beast, Rory. He's still just a baby, and not yet become as temperamental as his mama. He would like a brother or sister, I'm sure, but 30 of them? I kind lean towards the NO department, but in your kingdom, you are the Watcher, just as you say. Have a great beast of a time, and remember, who the beasts are, and who the humans are in your kingdom. Take it easy, Dear.

Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 8:20 PM
Hi Rory, you got the baby pit beast when you jumped in the pit and chose an option the game gave you to either avoid the pit beast, or move closer as something was wrong with her, and then survived. If you have all of your locked items unlocked, or even just some of them, you would not need the buydebug mod in order to purchase the baby pit beast pot in regular furnish mode. You might try one of the unlocker mods which will open up a lot of stuff and make it easier to acquire than using buydebug, as that mod is very troublesome, it has frozen me in buy mode, forcing me to have to shut down my game using Windows Task Manager, and therefore losing any progress i've made in the game, its crashed my game when trying to set objects correctly from it.

I'll tell you a great one I just found 2 days ago, here, and Chickie was asking about it to its author, whether or not it faced any troubles in re-locking locked items after unlocking them, or similar, remember Chickie?

Its called MTS_DeeDawgMods.UnlockerManager and its very easy, doesn't crash your game, or harm a hair on the head of any part of your monarch, LOL.

Gosh I hope I don't have to code this, LOL Here is the link:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=514706

If you use this mod, try not to over burden the poor baby pit beast, Rory. He's still just a baby, and not yet become as temperamental as his mama. He would like a brother or sister, I'm sure, but 30 of them? I kind lean towards the NO department, but in your kingdom, you are the Watcher, just as you say. Have a great beast of a time, and remember, who the beasts are, and who the humans are in your kingdom. Take it easy, Dear.

Xeny[/QUOTE]

Xeny,

So that's where the Lil Sucker came from! I already have Deedogs unlocker installed and I still can't find the baby pit beast for sale anywhere. But it's ok as buydebug works just fine for me. I tried to use Shimrods unlocker and that didn't go so well so I was happy to another was available.

Chickie, I just built a new pirate kingdom and got an adviser and a builder who aren't too bad this time. All I needed to do was change their clothes and hair. No executions necessary.
I just added your jellybeans food re-texture and the gray and black dishes. They look great! I'm also enjoying your beautiful red judgement tree with Shimrod's fall trees. They look gorgeous!

I'm taking Arthur out to the forest this afternoon to take his picture. He's adventurous so I'm hoping to catch him do the Looking-Out-To-Sea action!

Rory