Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#8176 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 1:21 AM
When my married sim shared a secret with her husband, she said "I'm so happy we'll be together, forever".

It was very cute: they have five children and four grandchildren already and have been married for years and years, but they still love each other just as much.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#8177 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 2:17 AM
saying 'rabbit hole' reminds me of alice in wonderland for some reason
Field Researcher
#8178 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
saying 'rabbit hole' reminds me of alice in wonderland for some reason

I always assumed they were called rabbit holes as a nod to Alice in Wonderland. Anyone know the etymology of the term?
Forum Resident
#8179 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 4:21 AM
Probably because your sim vanishes down them and you can't see what's going on inside.
Inventor
#8180 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 7:09 AM
It's called a rabbit hole because your sims are having a tea party in there when you can't see them... duh...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#8181 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 12:57 PM
Not sure if it's native to the game or if one of Twallan's mods is causing it, "pure blood" adult aliens don't have an energy meter so they never get tired, but if you "force" them to sleep they end up with a permanent +25 well rested moodlet. Their "Brain Power" only drops if you use it ie. bio boost/drain, re-combobulate or meteor strike, so they can be active all of the time, you can get a lot done when you don't have to sleep
Field Researcher
#8182 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 3:36 PM
That thanks to EA's dedication to QA testing, it's possible for Plumbots to completely break and become impossible to interact with.

I should've bought an Energy Dome instead of ITF.
Forum Resident
#8183 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 5:05 PM Last edited by chreai : 25th Mar 2014 at 6:36 PM.
I discovered that if you have 3 or more fireworks (i.e. Facemelter, Golden Dragon, Sugar Explosion, or The Sky's Ablaze) in your sim's inventory, your sim can perform a "fireworks extravaganza" which gives them the +10 moodlet "Saw Great Fireworks Show" that lasts for 16 hours. Wouldn't have known about it if my Sim hadn't rolled a want for it after she lit off a firework at the Summer Festival.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#8184 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
I discovered that if you have 3 or more fireworks (i.e. Facemelter, Golden Dragon, Sugar Explosion, or The Sky's Ablaze) in your sim's inventory, your sim can perform a "fireworks extravaganza" which gives them the +10 moodlet "Saw Great Fireworks Show" that lasts for 16 hours. Wouldn't have known about it if my Sim hadn't rolled a want for it after she lit off a firework at the Summer Festival.

Thanks for explaining that! My Sim got that wish at times and I had no idea how to do that.
Although I have no idea where to get any of those fireworks except the Facemelter...

C-A
Mad Poster
#8185 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 8:22 PM
Schmoozer Sims have the option to "Call Over: Chat" so instead of just calling them over and having them stand there they will come over and start a conversation.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Alchemist
#8186 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 8:33 PM
Riverview looks sooooo much better with burnt waffles.
Mad Poster
#8187 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 8:40 PM
Sims rejected for WooHoo in Elevator get the "Walk of Shame" moodlet--and the "walk of shame."

This poor sod just got tossed out of the elevator by his own wife.

(He tried again, now they have a daughter. LOL)

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Forum Resident
#8188 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Thanks for explaining that! My Sim got that wish at times and I had no idea how to do that.
Although I have no idea where to get any of those fireworks except the Facemelter...

C-A

You're welcome! All of those fireworks are available in buydebug. If you don't want to use that then:
A) Facemelters can be bought at the festival concessions or the supermarket any time in the summer season.
B) Golden Dragons are available at the general store in China.
C) Sugar Explosions came with KPST and should be available in the supermarket in the summertime.
D) The Sky's Ablaze came with the Toyota Prius pack in the Store and should also be for sale in the supermarket if you have it.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#8189 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 9:44 PM
I realized that Bachelor/ette parties take WAY TOO LONG! OmG this thing was going on for TWELVE HOURS and still it didn't end!
I mean, I can end a date when I want to, but not a party? WTH?

C-A
One Minute Ninja'd
#8190 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 11:07 PM
I realized that Bachelor/ette parties take WAY TOO LONG! OmG this thing was going on for TWELVE HOURS and still it didn't end!
I mean, I can end a date when I want to, but not a party? WTH?

C-A

Well, there's always the "ask everyone to leave" option that can put an end to a party whenever you're done.
Scholar
#8191 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well, there's always the "ask everyone to leave" option that can put an end to a party whenever you're done.

I only invited one person cause I hate having to make sure my Sim talks to everyone and supply food (this is a resort island custom world, so no streets for maids and pizza, etc) and make sure everyone eats and bla bla bla before the time supposedly runs. out (Btw bachelor parties don't... let me do many different things... no "go crazy" idea... all I can do is sleep on floor, which nobody seems to care about)

C-A
Mad Poster
#8192 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 11:55 PM
I learned that naked sims can wind up wearing accessories they didn't even have on when they were clothed O___o
Field Researcher
#8193 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 11:56 PM
A sufficiently advanced scientist can clone spire cut tiberium and large space rocks for an unending supply of both.
Scholar
#8194 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 12:16 AM
I discovered that ...the Lifeguard Profession seems... glitched. Despite having multiple jobless Sims, with swimming traits and all, nobody comes to the damn beach and my Lifeguard is just standing there, sweating for eight hours... yeah screw this, might as well make him a "professional diver"

C-A
Mad Poster
#8195 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 3:03 AM
I only invited one person cause I hate having to make sure my Sim talks to everyone and supply food (this is a resort island custom world, so no streets for maids and pizza, etc) and make sure everyone eats and bla bla bla before the time supposedly runs. out (Btw bachelor parties don't... let me do many different things... no "go crazy" idea... all I can do is sleep on floor, which nobody seems to care about)

C-A

If my Sims' parties drag on forever, I just have them go to sleep regardless. I've had parties last a good 24 hours (at university) and they wind up with the Killer Party moodlet.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Alchemist
#8196 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 1:35 PM
I discovered that ...the Lifeguard Profession seems... glitched. Despite having multiple jobless Sims, with swimming traits and all, nobody comes to the damn beach and my Lifeguard is just standing there, sweating for eight hours... yeah screw this, might as well make him a "professional diver"

C-A

Is the beach connected to the ocean? What town are you playing? Just wondering.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#8197 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Is the beach connected to the ocean? What town are you playing? Just wondering.

Suva... I can never remember the name. Suvasomething Resort. It's a beach that does connect to the ocean. On a previous savefile in that world, I made a pair of siblings who I only put in to have them be jobless so they can spend their day at the beach. Which worked. I do the same on this file and nothing works, and I made sure that the family I created specifically for being "beach dummies" does *not* have jobs or anything.
Yes, I have the festival grounds, but I have Hagino Tamami and another Sim be the "merchant dummies" for that.

C-A
Mad Poster
#8198 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 3:19 PM
I don't play TS3 zoomed in as close as I used to when playing TS2. Maybe that's why I feel less attached to my TS3 Sims?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#8199 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 4:27 PM
That thieves seem to think they are incredibly inconspicuous... carrying brightly rainbow colored umbrellas.

C-A
Screenshots
One Minute Ninja'd
#8200 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 12:45 AM
That thieves seem to think they are incredibly inconspicuous... carrying brightly rainbow colored umbrellas.

C-A

Like the outfit and mask aren't already a giveaway.
Page 328 of 490