Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

ZenGarden

There are also 2 guests viewing too.

Replies: 8259 (Who?), Viewed: 1065580 times.
Page 331 of 331
Top Secret Researcher
#8251 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 4:24 PM
I discovered that imaginary friends can get hungry/starve. I don't really like them and have always just gotten rid of them but now decided to see if they're worth playing. But still, starving? Seriously? They also keep muching down rocket cookies and they're still hungry...

SmilingJack: "Blood! It's your new leg of lamb, your new champagne."
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines World Project
Lab Assistant
#8252 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 7:35 PM
You can still catch butterflies and pick flowers in winter.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Forum Resident
#8253 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 8:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikel23
Rainbow might also appear even while it's raining... I thought a rainbow is supposed to appear after rain?
Before, after, during... you don't need a clear sky over your own head, only a clear path from the sun to where you see the rainbow. Right now in the Pacific Northwest is excellent rainbow weather, showers & sun-breaks alternating nearly every day. You can be under one thing and look around to enjoy the results of other things.

Ronnie de Noube
Sim Science! The Protein Folding Team at the Sim National Labs -- 1.38 million points as of 18 April 2014. || My blog and Comic: http://ronniethesim.com.
Test Subject
#8254 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 10:08 PM
That I NEVER should play with cheats

Mad Poster
#8255 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopuss
That I NEVER should play with cheats

WAIT!!! You found a way to use a baby as an alchemy station ingredient?? Cool!! Almost as good as the BBQ.
Instructor
#8256 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman72
You can get rainbows even when it's snowing.

Actually that does happen though it's rare. All you need to get a rainbow is for light to be refracted through a lens or crystal. Water drops in the air do this during or after a rainstorm as long as you got sunlight shining through them. Same goes for ice crystals that can be in the air during or after snow storms. Usually they are a lot fainter and harder to see and combine with another effect known as a sundog.
Top Secret Researcher
#8257 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 3:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_deNoube
Before, after, during... you don't need a clear sky over your own head, only a clear path from the sun to where you see the rainbow. Right now in the Pacific Northwest is excellent rainbow weather, showers & sun-breaks alternating nearly every day. You can be under one thing and look around to enjoy the results of other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritbw
Actually that does happen though it's rare. All you need to get a rainbow is for light to be refracted through a lens or crystal. Water drops in the air do this during or after a rainstorm as long as you got sunlight shining through them. Same goes for ice crystals that can be in the air during or after snow storms. Usually they are a lot fainter and harder to see and combine with another effect known as a sundog.

I guess it's more like contrary to popular belief that says rainbow only comes after the rain then. Or I've been lied to all this time.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#8258 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 4:53 AM
I learned that the game has the graduation robes from Generations tagged as outerwear.

Now I need to learn to use dresser so I can stop townies from spawning in them...

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Theorist
#8259 Old Yesterday at 11:15 AM
I just discovered a new routing problem with pools. It seems that I cannot build pools into an existing basement anymore without borking the lot. What I mean is that since Late Night it has been possible to build a basement "basin" first and then a pool from above such that you can place windows on the pool walls which will then light up the basement. Even if you remove most of the basement afterwards such that there's no connection anymore between the basement and the pool, routing inside the pool will remain broken.
The only way to have a basement and a pool together is by strictly keeping them separate.
Screenshot 1 shows a pool where I had built the pool first and then the basement. No problems there.
Screenshot 2 shows the exact same arrangement, but I had built a larger basement first and then the pool into that "basin" next. I wanted a basement that surrounds the whole pool, but got Sims sinking into the pool floor while swimming. After demolishing the surrounding basement and having a one-tile gap between basement and pool, the routing problems remained, as you can see.
Screenshots
Inventor
#8260 Old Today at 8:56 AM
I have no idea if it is just for this sim or many others in Monte Vista, but this guy (not made by me, townie) is wearing Barcelona-football clothing as his Athletic wear!

A sim that gets eaten by a cowplant gets a ghost who's death is '' death by hunger ''

Page 331 of 331

Section jump