Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 4:32 AM
When I first used it, I actually kind of liked it. Holly Alto (who I was playing for a little idea I had for a story-centered playthrough) suddenly began to fall for Miraj Alvi while I was playing around in Sunset Valley and I liked the idea. She even dumped her boyfriend for him.

That's when they came...

Every time she would travel out, she would get a notification that 'So and so wants to get to know you better' and they began flirting with her, leading her to just be a sex predator and ruined the story that I planned out. Maybe if it were improved, I'd change my mind about it. I mean, at least the Sims 2 attraction system seemed interesting...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 4:29 PM Last edited by cevanna : 18th Nov 2012 at 4:30 PM. Reason: I can't spell apparently
It would be a cute idea if there was any sense to who was flirting with your sims. But when their relatives, in-laws and best friends are hitting on them it's not cute; it's incredibly creepy.
I've now got Shimrod's mod to turn it off. Phew! No more creepy phone calls.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 9:57 PM
I dont mind it so much but I wish it was better implemented. Married sims call me, which to me defeats the purpose.. the occasional sim stepping out isn't bad but the whole hood cant be cheaters.. not to mention why is that every sim I play its like they are smothered in "come get big boy" suace... I want it to be customizable.

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Test Subject
#79 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 10:01 PM
Like I was saying before, I wish the attraction system could branch out more then:

"Oh, you're a doctor! That's kinda hot..."

"And hey, we're like practically the same even though we've never met before, thus I don't even know how it's possible that I knew that!" OwO

I wish it could be balanced between personality and looks. I mean, for example, you know how when you slide the 'muscle' slider in CAS and make them strong, then they'll flex. In my opinion, it could be where a sim could find that attractive: a muscular sim.

Does that make any sense? ^^;
Scholar
#80 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 10:32 AM
AlphaDogMJP, they had a similar system to what you're saying in TS2. People had the option of choosing two turn ons and one turn off for each sim aged teen and above (e.g. Matthew Jones has a turn on of red hair and logic, and a turn off of fatness). Each turn on would give points towards compatibility, and the turn off would remove points. Personality (neat/outgoing/active/playfulness/nice) and aspiration (Knowledge/Family/Romance/Pleasure/Popularity/Fortune/Grilled Cheese) would also play a part, with sims of same or compatible aspirations getting more points, and sims of similar personalities also getting more points. Incompatible aspirations and personalities would reduce the points.

The points total was then represented by lighting bolts in a sim's portrait: a crossed-out one for negative chemistry, nothing for no chemistry, one bolt for low chemistry, two bolts for medium chemistry, and three bolts for high chemistry. You could also sort the relationship panel by chemistry to see which sims your sim had the most attraction for.

I'll fully admit, I was wanting something a lot like the TS2 system than the one we've got now in TS3 -- sure, Twallan's Woohooer does something similar, but I'd like a quick visual guide in the relationship panel.
Test Subject
#81 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katya Stevens
AlphaDogMJP, they had a similar system to what you're saying in TS2. People had the option of choosing two turn ons and one turn off for each sim aged teen and above (e.g. Matthew Jones has a turn on of red hair and logic, and a turn off of fatness). Each turn on would give points towards compatibility, and the turn off would remove points. Personality (neat/outgoing/active/playfulness/nice) and aspiration (Knowledge/Family/Romance/Pleasure/Popularity/Fortune/Grilled Cheese) would also play a part, with sims of same or compatible aspirations getting more points, and sims of similar personalities also getting more points. Incompatible aspirations and personalities would reduce the points.

The points total was then represented by lighting bolts in a sim's portrait: a crossed-out one for negative chemistry, nothing for no chemistry, one bolt for low chemistry, two bolts for medium chemistry, and three bolts for high chemistry. You could also sort the relationship panel by chemistry to see which sims your sim had the most attraction for.

I'll fully admit, I was wanting something a lot like the TS2 system than the one we've got now in TS3 -- sure, Twallan's Woohooer does something similar, but I'd like a quick visual guide in the relationship panel.

Haha, I know Although I don't own the Sims 2, I've seen multiple 'Let's Play's on YouTube before. That's actually what I was hinting at, as well I agree, I'd definitely want an attraction system similar to that, because let's be honest:

We all know it's not normal that Mom wants go on a date with us...
Instructor
#82 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 1:04 AM
I was just thinking to myself, "I'm so glad my system hasn't been weird" when...my Sim's brother-in-law, whom she's known since he married her sister while she herself was a Teen, said to her, "I'm so attracted to you. We should get to know each other better." As she was inviting him to her baby son's birthday party. *facepalm* Turning this off until Twallan decides if he's going to tune it up or not.

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Top Secret Researcher
#83 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 1:09 AM
Oh it will be changed. I find it just as annoying currently as everyone else.

Just going to take some time to free up some space on my plate for the endeavor.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Top Secret Researcher
#84 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 1:11 AM
I dont mind this system, IF only they targets single and available sims. Maybe some Flirty married sims too.

But no, the system targets EVERYONE! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
One Minute Ninja'd
#85 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Oh it will be changed. I find it just as annoying currently as everyone else.

Just going to take some time to free up some space on my plate for the endeavor.

You must have already done something, because I'm using Shimrod's kill the stalker mod, along with your woohooer with all the optional components. Now, I don't get random calls to get together, but when my sim meets another sim, or there's another sim on the lot, there's a type of "scan room" effect, where my sim and the other sim get little hearts floating over their heads, with the comment of something like "I like a sim who takes an interest in a skill. Let's get to know each other better". When my sim then asks for "check attractiveness" (or whatever it's called) which is a woohooer feature, they always come back as a 10, blindingly stunning. If there are no hearts (along with a little audio bell, I believe), they're always not "attractive" as adjudged by your mod. It's actually a nice compromise to the system in taking the best of both EA code and yours.

This all assumes, of course, that their code has anything to do with the hearts and attraction that now appear, which might be all your code, in which case you just added it with the 1.42 update version, and I think it's terrific. Or, you never intended for things to work like this, and through some bizarre interaction of inhibiting native EA code with Shimrod's mod, some function still remains that just so happens to work out to have the same "taste" for potential partners as your woohooer does. Either way, I'm a happy camper right now, so if this is in fact some error, please don't fix it.
Top Secret Researcher
#86 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
This all assumes, of course, that their code has anything to do with the hearts and attraction that now appear

That is EA's attraction system at work.

[Woohooer] uses the same scoring to calculate the results for "Consider Attractiveness" , which is why it matches so closely with the EA results.

I'll probably need to adjust it though, since it is essentially a "hot or not" indicator, rather than a range nowadays.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Page 4 of 4