Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 7:35 PM
Default Shelving / Inventory Question
Okay, I'm trying to utilize some of the nice shelving units but it seems that very few if any things in the miscellaneous inventory fit on them - is there a way to get objects up there?

My second question is that several times while hunting my Monarch has gotten a bear skin rugged but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Where did it go?

So confuzzled lol.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 1:32 AM Last edited by Xeny : 18th Mar 2013 at 1:52 AM.
Yes, if you have testing cheats enabled, you can use a key on your keyboard to raise objects up, or lower them down. The key to hold down while you are raising an object is the apostrophe, right to the left of your Enter key on the keyboard in furnish mode. You grab onto the object with your mouse, and hold down the apostrophe key to raise, and the question mark key to lower an object, BUT these actions must be done against a wall, or they will not move either up or down. You do not need to enter moveobjects on or off in the command prompt to do this, that code is only needed if you want to move the usually unmoveable objects, like the benches in front of the Throne Room. I hate those ugly things, so I usually use the moveobects on command when I first begin to furnish the castle in a new kingdom, and I take those benches and sit some planters around them just inside the base between the front porch, and the entrance so they are hidden from my view, then I decorate the small grassy area right before the drop off directly in the front of the castle, inside the center fence with the Soldier statues, sometimes I put two of the Lion Fountains out there with the Religious Church Candles with the wooden holders, and change the lights colors to cyan, and white, or similarly light colors, and wow does it put off a beauty of a view. When I am done though, I immediately type in the command moveobjects off, as I have had my hand knocked during this process before and my mouse pointer picked up the body of the castle, and I about could almost not get it set back on the frame normally. I could not just click ESC which will return objects from where you picked them up exactly where they were, because I had clicked the left button on my mouse, and the building sat right where I clicked, when my hand got knocked, so be careful!

Did you take the bear skin out of your Monarch's Inventory when he got home and drag it from there to whatever room you wanted to place it in? Or are you saying it has disappeared? I get stuff disappearing all the time, especially parts of the Doom Sword, this last game it was The Doom Sword recipe book for my Blacksmith. Sometimes when dragging items from an inventory, the mouse pointer drops it, not the fault of the mouse, but maybe some in game code error, makes it do this, my last game, my monarch dropped a jar of honey while trying to give it to the Peteran Priest , and it stayed there in the church on the floor for nearly the whole game until for some reason the game finally allowed me to reset the object so I could pick it back up. Most of the time what disappears on me is prepared food I have in one or more of my Sims' inventory. I do not cook each time a Sim is hungry. I make them all usually take a baked item, like apple pie, or Barley Bread in their inventory, just in case something happens where they cannot make it to one of the ovens or fireplaces, they will not be able to scare the tar out of me thinking they will die of starvation! LOL I never get fat Sims either. I have seen some of the children get fat when they were at a time thin, but no adults have changed in such a manner.
Anyway, here I go on and on. I sure hope this answer helps you. By the way, if your items have disappeared, it is unlikely you will ever see them again in the game they got lost. When I was mentioning the prepared food items, the way in which they get lost is because when I try and take the item from inventory, to place on table at another residence, or at the training yard, sometimes the food drops out of the mouse even though I technically never let go of the food item, BUT I cannot see the food with my eyes. I only know it is there because a NPC non playing sim will walk up and grab off of the ground NOTHING, but when they lift their bodies from being bend over to pick that nothing up, they suddenly have a plate of apple pie in their hands, just like the ground was magic, and served them up a kings bounty. I get mad when that happens as it is very tiring having greedy and disrespectful Sims constantly stealing food from other Sims without having been invited in any way into the home, especially when my King has been a great leader, and given so much to his people. What likely happens when an item gets dropped and you do not see it because in your reality it is still located in the grip of your mouse pointer, but the game does not see it that way, you come back to where you left it a while later, but oops its not there, well, you can bet some NPC picked it up while you were off doing the duties necessary to the betterment of your kingdom. I have sometimes tried to check some inventories of some suspected non player sims, but haven't found any missing items yet this way, though I did exchange a low powered sword with a fine sword by exchanging them between my doc, and the leader of Crafthole, who at this time was an awful person...she was evil, so she lost what she didn't deserve. LOL

ChickieTeeta said she had fixed the issue with the commoners not bowing to the king anymore after a first save, but I have yet to, but I would just love it sometimes to be able to shove their ungrateful heads into the throw up of one of the other Sims who have a weak constitution! LOL

Keep playing Dear, and never stop. I am still finding new events that occur in my different kingdom worlds, even after almost two years of practical straight playing, meaning I never missed a day, except perhaps 2wice. I am truly addicted! LOL TC

Xeny
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 11:10 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 18th Mar 2013 at 1:17 PM.
I've never had the disappearing objects or accidentally placed items problem that you've had.
I tried giving items to NPC's too but they all disappear, they only remain if the NPC is made active.
Are you using an inventory mod?

The bowing? Do you mean you tried and it doesn't work for you? or do you mean you haven't tried the work around outlined in that thread yet?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 5:18 PM
Hiya Chickie, I tried what you suggested in one thread, the one where you said you had to return your monarch to level one, then reset him back to the level he had already gotten to, but it did not work because I never found the animation you suggested was there for Sims bowing. This was some time ago that I tried your method, but since reading not long ago, your statement that you had fixed the problem, on a different thread, I believe, I supposed you had found a different solution. One that perhaps was typed out by you somewhere on the forum that I have yet to discover.
The main reason that this bothers me, is that my king is quite a great king, taking care of all he must, but also a lot of what he does not have to, he puts himself at risk so others can have more, example is his sharing of his food and home to any we see are hungry, even the thieves, until enough has become way past enough, but throughout all this time that he cares for all who are needing, they boo him at every sword fight, his servants who may have negative traits such as morose, or cruel, have come up to him and slapped him in his throne room for no reason at all, but if left on his own, with no interaction from me, all he replies to them is Relepsose, in a gentle manner.....I am a mother, so when I see these hogs and greedy filthy pigs do this to my baby....I flip out! I then interact as well as react, and its one of three methods of death for this attacking NPC sim, Reaper's Scythe, if progressed far enough, the Pit, or if they sim can fight, its duel to the death. Most of these actions being done in the game, would never in a million years happen in real life. Nearly every NPC Sim there is in almost every game would have had their necks put on the chopping block, if they had been real and done such things to a human king. On any occasion where my king is in a sword fight, the only Sims that cheer for him, if they are in his vicinity and watching the sword fight, even when I am not controlling them are my own created sims. Once in a blue moon, his servant might cheer for him.
Its strange like this in all my games, where the servant will feed my king the lowest buff level foods, when he does call for food, like potato soup, turbot soup, but when these other leaders begin to come into play from the territories, they start ordering the kings servant to make them meals, and serve them, which angers me, since she or he will be following their demands of her, rather than be available when the king needs them, but what throws me, is that the servant is serving these leaders Whale Stew, Royal Custard, which you know is very expensive to make, especially at the beginning of a game. Meanwhile she is giving him rat soup, and whenever I have seen this, SAY GOOD Bye to the servant. No Sim of mine will eat Rat!
It's not so bad using Shimrod's mod with multiple servants. I actually have yet to see any of them serve any of the territory leaders.

No, I am not using an inventory mod when this happens about the food. It happened before I even heard of mods. It seems to happen less since using mods, or maybe I am just more careful, but my blacksmith lost his book as I was having him read it during a quest for my doc Blade Bungle, as I wanted to be able to have more time in the next quest for Qyal Quartz to do more and already have read the book in the docs quest, but I ended up needing to finish the quest, as the doc was done, and it was a perfect time, however, it was right before the blacksmith had completed the book, perhaps it was merely a second, as I swear once the music began expressing the end of the quest, I heard the sound of a book slamming closed, I said to myself, Uh Oh, and on the next quest, there was Qyal, no Doom Sword book, and no knowledge on how to build the Doom Sword. I am not too bothered by this though, as I never use it. I have never once found a need for it. Its obsolete the moment its created since my fighting Sims never lose, none of the other Sims have ever had enough ability to sword fight my Sims in their later stages or levels from level 5 and up, except the guilds man in the quest for the Knight to either join the Guild or refuse and fight the guy for his armor. He is a 10
One thing I have not seen mentioned on the site, or anywhere is the fact that Sim parents cannot hug their own children, no matter how loved they are by the child and vice versa. A good friend can hug a child of another sim, and they can even tell the child to go to bed, faster even then the option will show up for the parent sim to tell their child go to bed, and the game allows the kids to stay up past 2 and 3 am before the adult parent will be given the option to order the kid. Maybe you can make a mod, Chickie, so the parents can hug their children?

Well Dear, I am off to post close-ups of my Bodacious Emperor Xylan Darksword of Eezzee, that's the kingdom I am in right now...is your king ready to bow? ROFL, we'll be patient for his subjugation, Xylan and I. I know it will be hard for your king.
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
Hiya Chickie, I tried what you suggested in one thread, the one where you said you had to return your monarch to level one, then reset him back to the level he had already gotten to, but it did not work because I never found the animation you suggested was there for Sims bowing.

Sounds like the right method. The game has to recognize the Monarch as new to get the bowing to start again, and resetting them to level 1 does that.
Do you actually see the bowing at the start of a kingdom? I've heard some people say it doesn't seem to exist in their game at all, in which case, resetting your Monarch to lvl 1 won't bring it about if it's not happening at all for some other reason.
One that perhaps was typed out by you somewhere on the forum that I have yet to discover.

I'll see if I can find that link for you.
his servants who may have negative traits such as morose, or cruel, have come up to him and slapped him in his throne room for no reason at all

As far as I'm aware the 'popularity' of a Monarch is based solely on the decisions made during the petitions to the throne, and not on any of their actions elsewhere, and the bowing is also tied to this as far as I recall. Did your Monarch replace another Monarch, or is he the only one there's been in the kingdom with the problem?
the servant is serving these leaders Whale Stew, Royal Custard, which you know is very expensive to make, especially at the beginning of a game. Meanwhile she is giving him rat soup, and whenever I have seen this, SAY GOOD Bye to the servant. No Sim of mine will eat Rat!

I don't have this problem either, my King's servants always make a good mix of food.....never rat though. I didn't even think rat was on the allowable list of food for the servant to make, but I checked it out and it is....seems a bit wrong lol.
no Doom Sword book, and no knowledge on how to build the Doom Sword. I am not too bothered by this though, as I never use it. I have never once found a need for it. Its obsolete the moment its created since my fighting Sims never lose, none of the other Sims have ever had enough ability to sword fight my Sims in their later stages or levels from level 5 and up

Agreed, I find armor and weapon upgrades pointless beyond level 3, I just use the armors unlocked for CAS if I see the need for a sim to look the part and whatever sword looks best with that armor.
One thing I have not seen mentioned on the site, or anywhere is the fact that Sim parents cannot hug their own children, no matter how loved they are by the child and vice versa. A good friend can hug a child of another sim, and they can even tell the child to go to bed, faster even then the option will show up for the parent sim to tell their child go to bed, and the game allows the kids to stay up past 2 and 3 am before the adult parent will be given the option to order the kid. Maybe you can make a mod, Chickie, so the parents can hug their children?

Again, there seems to be something not behaving properly in your game, my adult sims frequently hug the children they have a good relationship with, whether they're related to them or not. The build master normally gets on well with the Monarch's children....and this sim is the boys step-mother

Well Dear, I am off to post close-ups of my Bodacious Emperor Xylan Darksword of Eezzee, that's the kingdom I am in right now...is your king ready to bow? ROFL, we'll be patient for his subjugation, Xylan and I. I know it will be hard for your king.

My King only bows when he leans down to implore me to stop swooning at his feet...I'd say it was sim me but I'd be lying rofl
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 6:47 AM
I have played so many kingdoms now, that of late, I have not bothered to try and continue a game I have begun in a new kingdom, without first saving the game after decorating the throne room, and the outside area of the castle, so for a long period of time, no Sim had bowed to my monarch but yes, they will if I do not do a save. The reason I do the immediate saves after decorating the throne room, is I fear the loss of all the work I've done. My game experiences sporadic crashes to desktop, like a lot of game players. I have 16GB of memory RAM, running a nearly brand new PC, have a very good graphics card, but still my games can crash...and at times they are often, where on other occasions, the game runs like the best structured game ever made, but those times are always around the beginning and middle areas of the game in an ambition. One lady here made mention of her games beginning to lag, and having crashes depending on the age of her kingdom rather than the graphical aspects of it, and what amount of objects, or buildings she had included. I agree with her. I had to quit my first eternal kingdom because of the crashing, and errors, I at an older game, get a little black window where the green jewel is supposed to spin in the center of the screen when saving a game, and when that happens, I then know the game will not save, and an error has occurred...I have noticed what generates this error, or is part of it, is right before doing this save when the black window shows, is a sim usually not a sim I created, but one from the game, will turn a partial black, and I can see some of their skin or what their skin would look like before fully developed, their hair has partially disappeared, only a few strands show on their head. I get this all the time when in furnish mode when the sim is only standing in the room, even at the beginning, when I am in furnish mode, most of the hair on all sims vanishes until I return to live mode. I think the problems are connected.

My monarch is the only and first of most of any game I have played. He is VERY good, Chickie, at the edicts table, and at all times has the green line at the highest levels of approval. A trick I learned in case anyone would like a method to more quickly raise the green bar approval for territories the monarch has liberated, I'll say, is if you have a few of your other Sims who you have given the ability to sword fight (combat ability), you can have them repeatedly patrol the the road to, or the seas to the territories, while you are playing the monarch, or any other sim in a quest with just one sim intended for that quest whatever it be, so you will be controlling as many of your sims as you want, I suppose its easier to just have 2 to 3 active sims at a time, but I'll be playing a quest for my monarch where he is the only quest player, so then I will shift click on my Peteran Priest Lagger Beer, as I have given him the combat ability, and he can gain xp also when I send him multiple times to patrol roads to the territories or the seaway to the territories by ship, usually I send the sims that are hardest to level up if playing alone, like the Wizard, then before ya know it, they are past certain stages of leveling faster than a cold wind causes a chill. Then I shift click to release the sim from being an active player right before the quests end, so when its over I can begin a new quest with more than just one sim leveled up, and the territories the happier for it. So, Chickie, there is no possible way this aspect can have anything to do with the maltreatment of my monarch by the sims in my game, it can't be an influence upon the mistreatment actions of them because he is at the highest levels of approval throughout the games. Although I do believe it is supposed to have, but my game is whacky in this way. It is like the game has a mind of its own, it does as it pleases, sometimes in conflict against me, others in favor, for example, in one kingdom, the guards would constantly invade the monarchs room to use his practice dummy, and not the ones provided for their use outside in front of the game room/library/office on the lower floor, so we at first sent them to the stocks, and for a time they seemed to get the message, but later it started up again, so we fought a lot of duels to the death, but then the game took on a a life of its own, as if to challenge me, or Xylan, where repeatedly one right after another some guard would use his practice dummy exactly after Xylan had killed a guard for doing it, and then another guard, it was a succession of 10 to 11 guards...I was waiting for Xylan to become exhausted but that did not occur for he was at a super high level of focus, he had 15 to 16 green focus marks at the time and was already combat ready, but even so, the last of these multiple guards a woman of a low skill level, not having but a minor sword, got the ability to whirlwind my monarch to the floor, which is not given to a fighting sim until a level 3, I recall, so she was having some strange behavior for a sim at the level she was, which was a 1, I believe.

The thing about the servant being ordered by the territory leaders to make and serve them meals has occurred with every game I have ever played, except the game I am playing now, using Shimrods mods of populous 2, and the one with more servants, and advisers.

Indeed, there is something not behaving properly in my game, the NPC Sims, lol, all of their behaviors seem generally whacked, not much of their behavior is what might be called proper, or decent, or expected in any general society. When a sim with bad behavior is exterminated in any of my kingdoms, the game replaces them with one or more sims with even worse traits than the exterminated one, as if the game has some sort of grudge against my Sims, or me! Right now in my game, I am having an issue with the games behavior, of mass producing townie children, where there are almost no adult townies compared with children, my Jacoban Priest cannot convert children for his xp, but that is all that is showing up to his sermons, as there are no more adult townie sims that can be converted, and the ones he was able to, the squires, do not attend the churches, as they only go from the town square to the training yard, my game was overloaded with townie children, that I felt forced to have to exterminate approximately 15 randomly selected children, I had my Jacoban Priest adopt two of them, my Blacksmith one, my monarch adopted 3, my Knight one, meanwhile any of the Sims I am controlling who have not yet adopted children feed and care for the ones who come to their residences, or if they are carrying food in their inventories, shares with any Sim in the vicinity showing a hungry balloon, especially children. There are not enough adult townies to possibly be creating all of these kids! Perhaps, I am thinking now, there could be a conflict in the mods I am using to cause this, as it is the first time I have experienced this massive overload of townie children, its all I can think of as to why this is happening...I read somewhere that either Shimrod I believe it was, made a mod to stop the overload of townie children, after a certain event took place, or he wanted to make one. I think he had made it, so I am on the hunt for it now. Some of these behaviors though probably not supposed to be in the game, can cause a lot of excitement, and otherwise unlikely events to take place, which in turn can take the story to different levels than expected, an excitement that is worth the negative emotions one had towards the behavior, but some foul behaviors of the NPC sims, is progressively tiresome, which is the reason I ever got to the point of exterminating a sim in the first place. One can get emotionally involved so much so during play with their special sims, it can be painful to see the NPC's maltreat their good sims, seeing them humiliated, and slapped, and suffering all due to a valueless, meaningless, dirty beggar, who is so mentally whacked, he or she has convinced themselves they are entitled to treat the leader as if he is a slave to them, and not kindly, or graciously,. It seems only the sims I created have any good behavior, but before mods, when the game controlled my sims when I was not doing a quest that included their profession, they often had bad behaviors, like dropping off their child at the front door of the residence, and not holding the baby, or returning home to check on or be with the baby...I noticed the game will refresh the green hunger and energy bars for non player sims when it gets too low without them having to eat anything, or to sleep, or else the game is doing it to aggravate me LMAO! I think I believe the second option is valid!

Yes, indeed there is something wrong when a parent cannot hug their children. But it is so in my game and always has been. I have even used different discs for TSM and also P&N on two different computers, having the same problem. Not even step parents can hug their step kids, I had one of my sims was a good friend to a child of the king, and she was able to hug him anytime she wanted, but after marrying the king, the allowed previously hugging, was no longer an option on her selection of interactions with the child, the most she was able to interact with the child was to sing him a song. That is the highest interaction any of my parent sims can go in bonding interactions with their own children, they can hug other sims' children, just not their own. I have no such problems with adults hugging other adults..so I am at a loss. I endeavor, however, to endeavor.

Thank you Chickieteeta for showing an interest in me and my sim troubles. I have been loaded with questions concerning them for a long time, hence my somewhat intensive reading on the site about much of what concerns them. The last I shall type on this page for this day, is for you....Don't be shy in admitting you are in love with your monarch, yes okay he is a bit cartoonie, but certainly he is the closest thing to a human being who is exactly as your true heart's desire has been able to see, and in a smaller way than interaction with a physical human being, you can spend as much time with him as you want, and he can't complain, or refuse you, so that makes him perfect to you.

But he shall never be as handsome as Xylan, lol, but you do not have to care about that, because he is yours.

If you didn't love him, I would know then that you had no emotions involved in the game, or the sims created by you, which in turn would make your advise on the game less meaningful to me, as not having emotions for a sim you created shows you could care less about them, and also about the game, and any who play it. The players emotions for their sims and game play adds spirit to the sims they made, and are shown here on the forum, making them real-like. They are a part of us, Chickie, they are expressions of our deepest desires, and hopes...they can give us the opportunity to face our darkest unrealized traits, showing us the unexpected behaviors we could possibly take were we in real life in the same circumstance as The Watcher, or monarch, being in practical control of so many people, and some of it frightening, as example, I am not a killer when I am angry at another human for something they have done, but with the power of the Watcher, as we have in the game, what would I do? I question myself now about this, when I was confident before that I would never be the kind of person to abuse power if I had it to this degree...but maybe it is not so, as I have taken out a sim that drove me to it in-game

This is why I find this game so intriguing, and have played it to an extreme for such a lengthy time, never once loosing interest.
I am in love with my Sims, too. I have no qualms about freely admitting it either, and any who might laugh at me for loving a cartoon like image of my true hearts dream, well, I just look at them and say, yeah, its too bad that human beings can't be as good and loving as the fake ones I make in a simulation PC game, or else I would find no joy or need in having to make one!

Have a great night Chickieteeta. Xylan, always gracious, says good-night to you, and your monarch, but with a twinkle in his eye, and soft smile on his lips...oh that was intended for me...he flirts!

Xeny
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 3:55 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 24th Mar 2013 at 6:33 PM.
I have played so many kingdoms now, that of late, I have not bothered to try and continue a game I have begun in a new kingdom, without first saving the game after decorating the throne room, and the outside area of the castle, so for a long period of time, no Sim had bowed to my monarch but yes, they will if I do not do a save.

Saving shouldn't interfere with the bowing, it's when you save and exit to the main menu, or shut the game down that the bowing disappears.
He is VERY good, Chickie, at the edicts table, and at all times has the green line at the highest levels of approval.

That still doesn't effect popularity. The edicts control territory loyalty and rebellion and in return the benefits you get from those territories, whether those leaders like Xylan as a King or not is a different thing to whether or not they'll stay loyal to him, as in real life, you don't have to like a head of state to ally with them because they can do good things for your country. Popularity level of a Monarch is controlled by the throne petitions. Even if someone is Xylan's best friend they can still think he makes an inferior King if his popularity is not high enough.
the last of these multiple guards a woman of a low skill level, not having but a minor sword, got the ability to whirlwind my monarch to the floor, which is not given to a fighting sim until a level 3, I recall, so she was having some strange behavior for a sim at the level she was, which was a 1, I believe.

NPC's operate by their own rule set. It saves processing power so the game doesn't have to factor in everyone's level when dictating behavior, just your own sims.
I do agree that sim's can behave very strangely though and against all the written rules at times, which is partly what makes it so much fun, that level of unpredictability and randomness. I've got a few sims that I could swear are developing some form of artificial intelligence lol.
The thing about the servant being ordered by the territory leaders to make and serve them meals has occurred with every game I have ever played, except the game I am playing now, using Shimrods mods of populous 2, and the one with more servants, and advisers.

I don't think I've ever seen a servant give food specifically to a territory leader, even before Populous II. I'd have to remove the mod before I could say that for sure, but the mod doesn't change anything else, just numbers spawned. That very excellent mod was made by SimModder. (I altered it to spawn 12 servants, as they follow the King around when he's outside, I like it to look like a small army :P)
Indeed, there is something not behaving properly in my game, the NPC Sims, lol

ROFL =D
Right now in my game, I am having an issue with the games behavior, of mass producing townie children

That's very odd, never seen that happen before either. The mod you mentioned is by Shimrod and stops the townie kids spawning completely.
You can find that mod here, if you haven't found it already (you have to register as a member)
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...no-townie-kids/
Some of these behaviors though probably not supposed to be in the game, can cause a lot of excitement, and otherwise unlikely events to take place, which in turn can take the story to different levels than expected, an excitement that is worth the negative emotions one had towards the behavior

I know, I love starting new kingdoms because of this. It makes them all a little unique. I don't think I've had 2 kingdoms that feel the same yet.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 5:16 AM Last edited by Xeny : 26th Mar 2013 at 8:23 AM. Reason: adding info on strange or abnormal events in game
Yes, okay about the Throne petitions of the King, but I tell you, Chickie, Xylan, or a monarch I have used just once, has always made the right choices in order to have strong approval. So, what should be having a positive effect, is not occurring. Only the second ambition of the first installation of the game, did my monarch not make all of the positive/desired responses to the petitions made to him, as I was simply in a learning stage at the time. Only on a blue moon occasion do I make a negative response with Xylan to a petition when I am messing about with the asker who I may or may not appreciate, in fun, but not very often, and not in all ambitions, or even in all games. So, again, this is having no effect as it should.

Thanks for the link, I remembered where it was and had joined some time ago, but have been too busy of late to obtain the mod. One positive thing about having all of the children, is the fact that there is such a large selection to choose one or more for my Sims to adopt, with so many varieties of traits, although most of them include morose, or misanthrope, or evil, or cruel. Thank goodness I have added a mod where one can just give the kid a legendary trait, to be rid of the above mentioned traits, as these are the ones who when adults, walk up to either my Sims, without provocation, or other Sims as well, and slap them multiple times, their humiliation feels real, I tell you.

Well, I saw it again, one of the servants, the green one, had made a dish of soup, Mushroom soup, and put it down on a table for the leader of Advortan, just a few hours ago, when I was last playing. This is the same kingdom I spoke of above, where I had said I have yet to see any of the 3 servants serve a territory leader thus far. I say the green servant, because I dress up my own Sims, and any of the NPC's who are in their immediate families or are important characters in which I will need to recognize as I view the land from up above, in Watcher view, in color outfits, by special design if you will, as I have a bit of trouble in seeing some things as I have Nystagmus, so I dress the squad of servants up in red, green, blue, or purple, a mix and short name them Xylan's Peacocks.
These territory leaders are usually having traits such as vain and they literally clap their hands together, just as the monarch might, and call out loudly, Ameena! or something similar, which is to signal a servant for food. Certainly you have seen your monarch do it when he calls for food, but in my game, especially the leader from you guessed it, Gastrobury, but it happens with all of the leaders. This last event hours ago was not so very bad as it was mushroom soup, but if it had been as it always has before for the most part, Royal Custard while they feed my monarch Onion soup, or Turbot soup, man would I be PO'd! I have pretty much just always have been insuring Xylan makes his own food every time, or makes a large bowl or baked item to carry around with him, so as he does not end up forced to eat roasted rat, or some other low buff meal, so really the servants are practically obsolete, all they do is make the beds, and not always that, as when Xylan is playing, he is out and about a lot and they go with.

Still no change is the ability of parents to hug their kids, I have tried playing with the children, having them communicate the options they usually do not on their own, such as singing songs, telling dramatic stories, for a long period of time, but neither are the children offered the option to hug their parent.
I also find it strange, that the children can have a sword and armor, although its okay by me even though they can't use it, until aged. But like any other NPC I figured these items would disappear, like with other items, but they have not. Poor kids can hardly do anything in the game, so some of their misbehavior is understandable...LOL

Yes, I understood about the saving, I guess I just left out of my statement, that I also reboot the game after saving, because I am afeared next attempt to save will end in failure, so game time lost, and any other work that may have been done. I can seem to feel when the game is in a weakened state, lets put it like that, where I feel either through the mouse, or in the look of the screen if the game may not be able to save again, and I can usually do about 2 to 3 saves, without doing a game reboot, but I prefer the confidence I will have knowing I haven't saved since starting it, so it will save when I try. I have recently installed Windows' debugger, and since then no crashes, so have made no dumps, although I did have an old one, but I am hoping to analyze a crash dump file with the debugger installed, so I wait, do not want to force one, ya know? I did have an error though today, one I used to get on my first installation of the game, but have not gotten in any time recently or of length, perhaps not in a year, but I did get it today when attempting to age Xylans daughter, having her in CAS....it would not exit. I was merely outfitting her, I ended up needing to tap the Windows key and exit the game using task manager, but heck the kid was prettier as a child, so a child she remains

There are quite a lot of odd ball situations that happen in my game, Chickie....ah, now it reoccurs to me...here is one for ya...I have always read since I first began playing this game in late 2011, that the only Sims allowed by default now, a game without mods, that are allowed to propose edicts are The Monarch, the Knight, and the Spy. Not so in my game. By TSM/P&N default, the 3 that have the ability to propose edicts and vote on them are my monarch, my spy, and my Jacoban Priest. You can never guess how long I have researched this issue, or how many web sites I've been upon, or web pages I have read and searched looking for any reference to this odd ball setting. The only way I have been able to make it right, is through these mods. I nearly yelled in joy when I saw that I could change this, taking the ability away from my Jacoban Priest, and giving it to my Knight. I must do this every time I begin a new kingdom when these characters are made, or brought into play. I told ya my game was screwy.
I still cannot marry my doctor to any Sim where he lives with them, and not in his clinic, or the game will do something screwy, like when he married the Knight who was female, he went to live with her, as her place is larger, but later the king got divorced from his wife who was the adviser also, but when the page came up to decide where the children should go or to whom, the pictures of the Knight, and the Doc showed up as if they were the children, there was no exit to the page, so I had to choose. I ended in having to slay the Knight by the king, as the game had made the Knight as if she did not exist, saying the Barracks needed a Knight, not knowing how to react, I thought to create the same Knight, hoping one would just remain, never thinking there would be two, but there was, through all this, the kings daughter was living with the doc, some of the time while the rest she slept at the castle, BUT the meanest child I ever encountered, the docs kid, kept thinking the castle was her home, she would push her way into the kings chambers and try and sleep in his bed, never having been raised there, or born there. There ended up being a second king made as well, two Xylan's, except his name was Talon. Anyway, it was whacked!

One last thing to you personally, Chickieteeta. I hope that throughout the short time I have been teasing you about your monarch and my monarch and who between them was the handsomest, that you realized I was making fun, and never intended anything to be hurtful, or cause anger, sometimes I expect that I am not as clear on such things as one should be, so in explaining this to you now, I hint at a statement I made to you on the thread where I posted Xylan's
first pic on the forum. I had written on this thread first, before going to the one I mention now with the pic, and after noticed you had replied again on that thread, but when I got there, I saw what you had done to my pic of Xylan, and the smile I had wiped off my face in under a second. Your words were a blur to me, as I was shocked by what I saw. I looked upon the interlacing of your pic of your guy onto my pic as defamation. I did not think that was allowed on the site to use another's anything, whether they made a mod, or script or app associated with the sites intent, without giving credit, or asking for their permission, even if it be so lowly a thing as a pic of a special sim from ones game. I was angry, and I felt the action was highly disrespectful, even downright mean. I reacted in that frame of mind, the outcome being the phrase I typed as a reply. Although the theory of the statement rings true, it was made in anger, and shock. I later reexamined your words you had written, and considered that there was the possibility, and even probability that you did not intend such as I had believed at first, as even though it may have seemed that I was picking at you, or taunting you concerning whose monarch was the best looking, never did I intend such, as I have always found you and your responses on this forum to the highest regard for others, and their issues, even at the times hen I myself thought they had been rude or mean to you, never did you respond with any reply other than words of help and support, bypassing anything which might be upsetting that they may have said. I do not have that same attitude that you have shown on the forum. I having my opinion based on reading your comments since I joined in 2011.
I have often said to myself about you, after having read something from you here, damn, how does she have the ability to react that way,...its your way with words that astound me, and the manner in which you deliver them that impresses upon me, there is no word to describe it, and eloquent seems to me to be a slight insult to describe how you handle your responses to those on this forum. Definitely you have a talent for communications person to person.

I hope you now understand. My experience of you has been as I explain above, so when viewing the other thread, I just couldn't believe it, shock just hit like an ice cold can of soda being placed on the side of ones ribs unexpectedly, the reaction is almost always to jump, freak out, scream you head off, then chase the prankster but if you don't catch them right away, one might find time to reconsider, and forgive, or even laugh at the whole thing. I have yet to laugh about it, but i have cooled down enough to use reason, and let go of any useless anger.

Have a good night, and week, and Sim time with your babe. I shall with mine and my multiple babes...Lagger Beer, is not a goon, like a Priest might be viewed as, btw, when I made him, I thought it would be exciting to try and make him everything a Priest is not supposed to be, somehow I ended up with a rugged hot bod, with suggestive, dreamy eyes, who dresses more like a biker, than a Priest, and even in a Priest's clothing looks like a biker, with a chill in his voice that heats up a woman's errr insides, with the traits of Whale ate my Parents, Earthy, and Bloodthirsty. Burellll, oh that voice of his literally sends chills up my spine, he's tanned, a bit dark in nature, his hair black as tar, he's strong, with unshaven cheeks, like your monarch, nothing soft about this man, except the curl in his lilting growl, or the soft rumble of his laugh, he is total sex god, all but one occasion, that being when he screams at the sea, since some whale ate his parents....then all any woman who loves wants to do, is hold him, mother him to give him what he missed. He is the one sim I have never wanted to edit, as I have never found the need, he is perfection to me, and although I have tried to switch around characters for new kingdoms before, in order to try out some new situations, I have never been satisfied, or even enjoyed the very few games that I tried to use a different character as the Peteran Priest. Maybe one day when I trust you more with my pics, I shall show you him. ROFLMAO!!!!

Lagger Beer and Xylan Darksword are a close 1st in my heart. I'm in love with them both, but then there is also the rest of them....as you likely know, each has their place, some last forever, some don't get past their first quest. Take it easy, Chickie. Thanks for your time and help, and knowledge.

Xeny

Edit: I just remembered about another situation in my game that is abnormal, or an error, that is the spell Beacon of Hope, when cast the outcome according to EA Games, or the instruction of the game, is that when one has that spell cast upon them they are to receive a reprieve of all responsibilities, not so in my game. The spell has a backwards effect. he victim, I shall refer to the recipient of this spell ends up with having to do twice the amount of given responsibilities, when they have completed the 2 given them, like all other primary sims receive, two more immediately fill the green check marks, as if the first repo's had not been done at all. At least the poor victim gets the credit for all 4 assuming they were able to complete them.

Issue two I have and is almost identical in value to the one above, is the trait friendly. Instead of the trait acting as it is said that it does in the game, makes friends quickly and easily, and retains those friendships for long periods, in my game, yes, those with the Friendly trait, make friends miraculously quick, and have a high positive bar for closer/strong friendships, HOWEVER, this does not last long, after a time, especially if one spouse has the friendly trait, while the other does not, they can have a strong green bar, but out of the blue for no apparent reason the friendly trait sim acts out like they have not had any attention paid them by spouse or friend, but it seems to effect the spouse more so since they get the bad red buff for losing their friend as it is their spouse who has become an acquaintance, instead of having the strong green level in the bar, this happens every time, and speedily, where it is so unfair, it would literally take a miracle to keep the friendly spouse happy, an example is a strong in the green couple were married, they did well for a small time, suddenly the male bard was unhappy saying not enough attention was paid him by is wife, a brand new sim just come into the game as the Jacoban Priest, she would get their relationship bar up really high again, being unable to use the time for her own xp gain, as she was spending it all giving him attention, just when she would go to give a sermon, 2 minutes into it, he is unhappy and all the work to get the green relationship bar back to strong, is lost, taken away, all for nothing. So, she divorced him, then she must live with all his negativity towards her for the rest of the game unless he kicks it, err dies. Almost the same occurred to the blacksmith with his friendly trader wife, she taking on the same attitude as the bard from before. This trait is now seen as a negative one by me and is avoided at all times. My wizard btw only casts the Beacon of Hope on the Sims that he wants to punish, that are NPC, or he might cast it on a Sim of favorable occupation such as the doc, since we do so love to operate on the gross people with the plague, and destroy the black cloud over their heads, and other tasks. The friendly trait also has a strong negative effect between the parent child relationship, being they are generally of a closer bond than mere individuals of different houses. Just wanted to add this in as I recalled it, so not to forget it later, and leave out.

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Scholar
#9 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 11:00 AM
I looked upon the interlacing of your pic of your guy onto my pic as defamation. I did not think that was allowed on the site to use another's anything, whether they made a mod, or script or app associated with the sites intent, without giving credit, or asking for their permission, even if it be so lowly a thing as a pic of a special sim from ones game.

Just so you know, I didn't touch your picture at all. That picture is of my Monarch with his face unedited in my game. All I did was swap his hairstyle and beard (which are both in the game).
I dressed him, and took him to a similar point by the forest and had him call his bird to get that screenshot.
The only thing I took permanently from you was the beautiful velvety blue version of the Merchant's outfit you have on your Monarch, I saved that outfit into Cas.

My original point with that pic was going to be that the who's nicer question is moot because Xylan's facial features are very similar, aside from the nose and the chin. I was also going to add that I'd be interested seeing Xylan dressed as my Monarch, but when I read back what I'd written, it sounded more like I was accusing you of copying mine, which wasn't my intention, so I removed that part and left just that first line, that's posted with the pic.
But if you think my Monarch is just interlaced into that screenshot then you must already agree that there's enough similarities there. I'd say in the interests of 'fun' I'd still be interested to see yours dressed as mine, but I have no wish to accidentally offend you any further.
(If you doubt that the cap is pure from my game btw, I also have a string of caps of the animation sequence that leads up to the point of the one I posted too.)

If you find me to be consistently the same in my posts on the forum, then before accusing me of defamation and theft, which is the worst 'crime' in modding land, and not one I've ever been accused of before (and I've been making things for the sims games since Sims 1), you should perhaps have examined your own reactions to the cap straight away, to see if, perhaps, in your anger, you had misread my actions or my intent. (which I acknowledge you have now done to a certain extent.)

Given that you've attached yourself so firmly to a character that isn't real, I'd guess that somewhere in your life and probably for a long time someone who should have loved you the most has instead made you feel worthless, insecure and unloved. If that's the case I'm very sorry that happened to you, but my story is just the same, and in my own insecurities I found your words and your anger very hurtful, and I'd rather spend my time defending those with a similar story to mine than attacking them and making them feel even worse, so on those grounds alone I apologize for making you feel the way you did.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 2:55 AM Last edited by Xeny : 27th Mar 2013 at 3:12 AM. Reason: putting in a PS
Chickie, did you miss what I said? In fewer words, what I said was I reconsidered, and have let go of my initial shock, and useless anger.

All you have said in reply, is what I have already said, and/or done. But never did I say you are repetitive in your manner in your comments. I was saying how impressed I am at how you handle yourself with others. Can you not see that?

I tried to inform you that all is well concerning the issue, at least on my side. I could not know all you did, until you told me, so when I saw your reply, as I already said, I was shocked, out came my reaction. Later after using a bit of reason minus the shock, I came to explain my reaction to the whole matter, directly to you. What more can be said, except why continue in an angry frame of mind when its so unnecessary, and better things are out there somewhere still to be had?

By the way, I didn't accuse you of any theft, or even of defamation, what I told you is that I considered it so, until I calmed down. These are the shortest words and phrases I am able to write to be clear on my feelings on the subject. You had no idea what I thought about the picture incident until I told you in that message, so to say I accused you, is just a falsehood Chickie.

I have respected your way with words, and comments towards all of the forum, always, and that is what I was trying to detail to you in the reply I made above, yesterday. Was it not clear to you? Well, I say it again now. I have respected your responses, and the way you handle yourself on this forum, always have, hence my shock. Okay? Am I clear to you now?

Take Care, Xeny

PS About you wanting to play around with (this sounds kind of intimate!) the images of your monarch and Xylan, my monarch, I suppose its fine with me. What do you want me to do? Do you needs more pics or something? He was a work, I tell you, his nose was a major work of art, and time consuming, as it was very important to get it just right to me. I still have the very first model image of him on a save I did when I first played the game. Its on a disc. I actually have every save I ever made from the game all copied to discs. I wonder if I go back in a few years and play them again, what that moment will be like, probably like deja-vu, but new, too.

Quote:
Scholar
#11 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 9:36 AM
I understood everything you said.
When I posted I wasn't repeating myself or even you, what I meant was that you say you've acknowledged you misinterpreted my intent, you say you were angry and you've now acknowledged that anger was unneccessary, but you still felt the need to come back and let me know how angry you were. If you've acknowledged that your anger was misplaced then there was no need for me to ever know about it, and that's what I found hurtful.

I have no desire to play around with your pics. I noticed the eyebrows were the same and in the same position and the eyes and mouth were similar, height of forehead and shape of face, the only real differences (aside from hair and beard) are the nose and the chin. The only point to that pic was to say that the point was moot.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 12:09 PM
No, Chickie, you can't have understood me, if you think I came back to inform you of my anger, as that is not why I came back. I came to explain my reply, what triggered it. I think it was obvious to a reader that I was not exactly throwing a party! LOL But it is not even a big deal anymore, I would not mind at all if we could get beyond this? I am trying to move beyond it, as it really has no bearings towards anything positive in any future, and seems so, pointless, void of importance, and past tense. History, most would say. I play with words and phrase's sometimes, Chickie, a habit I can't break, it's just a part of me, and what I do, some folks do not see the humor in it, some do, but when I said "play with my pics" I was using it in a way to soften the situation. To gentle the moment, if you will, it was not meant literally, in any serious term, but in a play on the words, and this is why I asked if you understood me, as not always do everyone I encounter...not only due to the lack of the emotions that come through when people talk face to face, rather than reading typed words, but because of my habit of playing with words when I communicate to others. Me mother has a time with me in person, lol, can't understand a thing I say sometimes...I can only blame her age for some of it...But truly Chickie, I would rather us try to be friends, or at the least friendly, for it is true I have admired your person-ability, if you want proof of this, I made a statement to Silverprinz about you the first time I made a comment, perhaps you already read it, but if not, now you know its here, but I am generally a happy sort, most everything has some comedy value for me, I laugh often, so much so, folks have been known to get angry about that...a strange world we live in, so how about it if we move on?

Perhaps you are not interested anymore, but I cannot know that, so in case you are in any way curious, I took a pic of the children, and showing the options that the parent sim can choose to interact with their child, just to get a visual of it, though surely you know what it all looks like, I thought perhaps if when one might be considering the notion of a sim being unable to hug their kiddo, actually seeing it occur with their eyes rather than in their brain, might have a factor in helping them to visualize a possible solution or ideas whatever they be.

So I downsized the image, and hope it is not too small to see, though with me and my eye sight, if it were not me who took the pic, I would have a heck of a time trying to see it! LOL

Bless

Quote:
Scholar
#13 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 11:58 PM
I didn't read anything into that post you were talking about and assumed it had been meant as humorous.
I have nothing against you, now or before, so the suggestion that we try to be friends isn't necessary.
And yes I did read your first post to Silverprinz when you first posted it. I had wanted to reply, but I didn't know what to say, and I had also wanted to pm you to say thank you for your lovely words, but, again, I didn't. So I'll take the opportunity to say thank you now. It was really nice and took me by surprise when you posted it.

As for hugging the children, it's not an option, I had thought before that it was perhaps an option that was just on the child, but I've added one as active and it isn't there, I've checked it against traits too and it's not that, so I can only assume at the moment that it's an idle or something similar.
Scholar
#14 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 3:57 AM
I have a working mod for the parent/child hug.....well working so far lol (Hope you can read the text btw, although looking at it looks about the same size as the text in your pic, which I know you said you wouldn't be able to read if you didn't already know what it said. Sorry, I wanted to keep the banner in that showed the child was his son, and so I had to resize it. You might have to take my word for it, but it does say friendly hug as one of those options)

The only problem is that it uses the socializing xml, which is the one used for the no jealousy mods, and that's a lot of work, since there's something like 8 versions of it to alter.
I'd like to neaten up the ones with the newest interactions anyway, so I will hopefully get round to doing all those at some point and adding this into it too.
I'd also like to change the way the lesser romantic actions will remove the dry spell debuff, don't know what anyone else thinks about that though?
Do you use any version of those mods? If you do, which one?

*edit* just occurred to me I can crop it again and put in a smaller area of the same pic so the text is larger for you.
Screenshots
Scholar
#15 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 6:17 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 29th Mar 2013 at 7:17 PM.
Concerning the kids going to bed......I can get the option to appear at almost any time of day, but not in any way that seemed consistent before.
I've since looked closer at it, and the ability to be able to tell them to 'go to bed' depends directly on whether the child is actually tired or not.

*edit* although this could probably be modded to make it appear as an option all the time, it would be pointless, because the child will just get back up again. Unless they could be forced to remain in bed till an appropriate time, I'm not sure if this could be done for just the children alone though.
A successful, fully working mod for this would most likely have to alter the way the kid's motive bars work, and I don't know if that's possible either.
Instructor
#16 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 12:43 AM
So if I made it zap their energy before they went to bed? Kind of behind on the subject, but it could be done.
Scholar
#17 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
So if I made it zap their energy before they went to bed? Kind of behind on the subject, but it could be done.

What we're looking for is for the kids to be zapped somewhere between, say 8pm and 11pm so the option appears on all kids at the same time, but so they don't still become annoying at 3 or 4am, they also have to be forced to stay asleep till sometime between 6 and 9 am.
The function being available all the time as well would be awesome, (so you can get make them go home or get them out of your way or whatever), but the zapping at a proper bedtime and the forced sleep is the main thing.
Is this do-able?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 5:12 AM Last edited by Xeny : 23rd Apr 2013 at 6:35 AM.
Gosh, how long has it been? I think no one might believe how busy I've been unless it was me! LOL I now only have but a few moments but catch up I want t mightily! Thanks Chickie for your time, I have only just glanced in here but saw replies, and I'm so interested. I had a major boo-boo occur to me a few days agoish, just another kind of hell that makes one go major bonkers and have desires to break something they should not!

I had gotten some pics taken showing a parent sim while they were merely good friends, before adopting the child, showing how the soon to be parent sim could hug that child, and then another later I took showing the parent Sim after adopting the same child in pic 1, and the minus of the option to hug them, but for clarity's sake, this event or lack there of, has always happened in all my games/ambitions, so for so long I thought the developers were just plain whacked! But it seems now there is no need for the pics, and anyway, the repair of my boo-boo likely took them with it, but its always a delight to take the most awesome pics one can anyway, just a frozen moment to recall, and replay in ones brainideocamera to bring again either joy or pain, but a moment one wanted to not forget.
Hopefully you have found the answer I've been seeking Chickie.
For info's sake, I think I found the reason why the territory leader Sims order my Monarch's servant(s) to cook and serve them food...I was shift clicking to control a territory leader here and there, and came to realize that in their money or available funds, they have the exact same amount of money as my Monarch! It began with "getting to know" one of the servants, and the slug of a servant was hungry, that bothwers me seeing another Sim starving to death, lol, so I shift clicked on her to hand over my King's cheeseloaf, whatever to the servants inventory where I told her to grab a plate, in the forest, and previously to doing this, she was telling Xylan that she was rich, so I'm like NO you are not! You are a poor begging servant who is afraid of a mouse pushing you into a mud-hole, and calling you names, begging the monarch to take care of your miserable weak hide! And then when I saw the amount of money listed as the servants, I was totally surprised.....so later, I went ripping off another territory leader of their weapon, trading it for a lesser steel longsword, and noticed their money....They had been claiming Xylan's money...and yes, at some point in the ambition, they had claimed to be rich, which gets listed on a Sims profile just like a trait does, or their religion does when viewing your Sims list of friends/acquaintances. There has so far been only one other time that a territory leader did NOT claim the money of my monarch as theirs, and it was at the beginning of an ambition, crafthole leader it was, and they had started out with $1000 just like all the other Sims do, not of my making.
There have been a few other incidents I have come to recognize possibilities as to why something happens in this or that way, or reasons, but never can I remember them all when I wish, lol, so I s'pose they'll have to wait until some other possible, yet hopeful moment in time.

BUT, I do have something to tell you which I think you may find quite humorous....I have never seen this happen before, but boy was I amazed, I laughed so hard when SHE was assigned, I guess is how one might say it, the position of the town crier.....Guess who SHE is????? Marquess Kira! Never have I recognized any of the regular Sims become another profession in the game, nary a once. Especially not any repeats of the Adviser, which is very sad for me, as I do miss the very first adviser my monarch had, and his name was Peregrine. I actually cried when he was blown up on the ship, as it was my first time doing that quest, I had no experience in what it would entail, so it was quite confusing for me. Here I am going on and on again, so I shan't anymore, as some folks dislike very long stories, but if let loose, I dunno, I might fill up 40 pages a night!

Hope all of y'all are well, and good, and Y'er Sims too! Ta Tee Ta La Da! Y'all, Xeny

Edit: I see you asked a question Chickie, as I wrote the reply, then read your comments as I need to squint and concentrate harder and longer, than when I type, so as to which mods I use, I am using Shimrods TSM Easy Whoo hoo, and asking if single, and Grims core mod number 2 but I have used most of the others at one time or another. I use these now as a replacement for the no bowing, sometimes I get a hair err and so I take control of a unfriendly Sim, and MAKE them kiss my monarch's hand, since there is no way to re-establish the bowing effect. I still can have my revenge this way, you see! LOL Sometimes the mod does not offer all the options it should though, especially add an ability, and a few others, and this seems to always happen when if the game could read my every thought during game play, as I swear on this green earth, I still believe it does, but knowing most folks would just type me down as "one of the un- retrievable's that the game has taken from reality" I shall not enforce that belief, but the mod seems to deliberately refuse to offer some of the more used options in the Sim Debug, so to get them back I have to save the game, and reboot it, then when I return, so do the options I most want to use. As I recall, this did not happen with Grims Core alone, but only after I added other mods of a similar nature. My game does not run as well when using Treeag's edit Sim in Cas, and buydebug starts out so nice then almost always POW, I get frozen in/locked in furnish mode, so I lose anything advancement made if not saved before entering buydebug, BUT I have a theory that seems as if it will work, have not fully tested more than a couple times, but it is to exit out of buydebug, by any of the other ways, except back into Live Mode immediately. Doing that seems to lock me up for sure. But also typing in the command buydebug, acts quite differently than using the mod, more of the unusual objects seem less likely to be forced to remain after its bought and set down somewhere, more things can be sold back is one has changed their minds, using the command without the mod, for me anyway, but again I get locked up in Furnish mode more when using the command than with Treeag's mod. Hope the info is helpful to someone, as I read not long ago elsewhere that a lot of the mods are in need of updates as they are getting on in years...the old grannies!

Thanks for your inputs and time and all of everything else, both of you, Chickie and Grim...oh yeah I forgot...I went and ordered both games again as digital downloads last week from EA...err ucky Origin, as I wanted to test to see if errors that I have had would occur in a different type of the game, as I have already used two different discs of both P&N and TSM each, but when installing the second, I did not completely clean out my system of any and all leftovers, including logs in Documents, and app data, or even deeper in the registry, anything that may have contained info about the previous copy of the games, so very likely any of those informational leftovers could have carried over into my newer installation of the game. I work with game installations of various casual style games, and this occurs for a lot of gamers, they have not cleaned out the log files kept in app data/roaming, well since its a hidden folder by Windows default, so if they have had an error in a game or an app, they try and reinstall either the old version or a newer version, but Windows does not see them as differently. It sees the same named files, so associates them as if they are the same exact file, and so uses the log files that remained in the Roaming folder, and applies them to the new installation, so many times, an error free game or app ends up acting just like the previous game install that was broken, but to the point, I ordered these, and got the chance to ask the burning question, though some of ya may have given up long ago concerning the continuation of the Sims Medieval...yeah, yeah, he is only a clerk, but he talked to me, he read my words only when I brought up EA having abandoned the game, I guess I have yet to realize the ability I have to express emotion in my typed words...or else he just has a great power to interpret another without the need for person to person viewing, but he broke out with how nice it was to see someone feel as passionate about the game as I was and he was thanking me and glad, so I thought BLANK it! I SPILLED my guts! I told him the whole thing about my feelings for the Sims Medieval and P&N, and yeah a tear poured from me eye, but he never knew it, and so he sent my feed back straight to the developers via Internet, and believe me you, I laid it all out flat as a pancake, with scrolls and maps! I am a published poet as well, so I laid any talents I might lay any claim to right on the forefront and USED the heck out them, only I will know for sure how close my speech to this fellow comes to the exact truth, but anyway, he said that it is not EA Games that has given up on Medieval, he said those kinds of decisions are left up to the developer's, but then again, I read in the forum there practically blatant words from an EA Games contact who was supposedly answering questions presented in the help forum, say that they were looking at the popularity of games by how many were sold, which tells me what Gandaulf said some place on that very forum, that EA blank blank blank money, and blank blank the game, and "I don't give a blank blank about it, like I used to blnk blank!!!! But the guy I talked to appeared as sincere as me, just not whacko, it gave me pause to at least want to hope again..

ERRR One thing now, don't anybody get mad at ol Xeny okay? But I made a wee mention of other people not EA Games wanting to try and expand the game...YE KNOW WHO YE ARE, lol, and I put it in such a way as to sound confident that it could be done, and I might have left it to stand in such a way as to give any reader the impression that this idea of expanding the game was in operation...NOW I Never said so, but who can say what a stranger may think, so I am giving it a deeper thought, as to what one might grab out of the combination of passion and poetry, the two together have a powerful effect on human beings don't ya say? I hope it comes out for our good, if anything comes out from it at all.

It was lovely sharing with you ladies and gents...do not snore over my post, please, do so over on the next thread, if you must. Do it over there------------>

Nighty Knightly Slumbers to all! Xeny

Quote:
Scholar
#19 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 8:16 AM
The function runs a test for friendship to see if hug is an allowable option. The problem is that once a sim becomes the parent they're no longer a 'friend', so the option disappears.

The territory leaders are part of your Monarch's 'active family' so I'd assume their money is always the same as your Monarch's, since it is your Monarchs.
When I start a new kingdom my servants go home to the village, but at some point, one or more of them always end up living at the castle, I haven't added them, but again if they're always there then the Monarch's money will be listed as theirs, which is perhaps why you're getting reports of them being rich, if they're being classed as family.

I've had Linota appear in a few other roles, town crier and night watchman, for ages she was the only iconic sim I saw with other titles, but I've recently seen Marquis Chad and Crone Ghastia in other roles as well.

Sim Debug options have moments when they won't work, they've always been that way, the way to fix it on a sim they're missing on is to go into options and switch them off, close the options to allow them to unload, and then go back into options and switch them on again and they should all appear again. It's to do with who was and wasn't there when the game was loaded.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 7:12 AM
I have done your suggestion concerning Sim Debug Chickie for some time now, and usually turn it off and then back on again has worked....at least in the past, but not always, so as in other things, I'll endure the times it does not. Situations are always changing with this game, so who can say what will come next? But it is the best part about the game. There is little that is repetitious.

So, if any Sim within my game considers himself/herself an active member of my monarch's family, then they may order the servants to make them food? If this is so then why have none in your game been ordering the servants about? One thing about the active family, that I dislike, is the servants seem to think they belong in every category listed when calling a certain group to meal. So does the builder, be it guest, family, or everyone...and what is sad, is when one calls everyone to meal, visitors not of a specific group in the list will not come to meal. They either must be specifically a part of one of the options in the list, or have been directly Welcomed to Home, by whomever is the resident of that building. Ah but still I shall endeavor to RESET each sim not invited to meal in order to insure those who are will get their meal! LOL TC Chickie Thanks again

Quote:
Scholar
#21 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 1:36 PM
I have done your suggestion concerning Sim Debug Chickie for some time now, and usually turn it off and then back on again has worked....at least in the past, but not always, so as in other things, I'll endure the times it does not. Situations are always changing with this game, so who can say what will come next? But it is the best part about the game. There is little that is repetitious.

So, if any Sim within my game considers himself/herself an active member of my monarch's family, then they may order the servants to make them food? If this is so then why have none in your game been ordering the servants about? One thing about the active family, that I dislike, is the servants seem to think they belong in every category listed when calling a certain group to meal. So does the builder, be it guest, family, or everyone...and what is sad, is when one calls everyone to meal, visitors not of a specific group in the list will not come to meal. They either must be specifically a part of one of the options in the list, or have been directly Welcomed to Home, by whomever is the resident of that building. Ah but still I shall endeavor to RESET each sim not invited to meal in order to insure those who are will get their meal! LOL TC Chickie Thanks again

I meant the money they have being the same as your Monarch's, not the ordering of servants around.
I change all my servants to other things so the call to meal has never bothered me too much, and I like that the huge tables get filled up.
The build master, I think, is a weird one, he's obviously meant to be hugely important to the Monarchy, but his title is stoopid and misleading. I normally change his title to something more suitable, in my current kingdom he's Lord Chancellor.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 10:31 AM
I agree there, since he's an ever-present hanger-on at the castle, I usually set the build master's profession to knight, which quickly changes his clothing, lack-of-skills, and title, to something more suitable.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 1st May 2013 at 2:39 AM
You guys seem to have a care about the builder. I have played so many kingdoms it is practically frightening, and uncountable, and throughout my almost 2 years of nearly straight game-play, meaning I might have only missed possibly 2 days of playing this game in those almost 2 years, but in which I dealt with the builder with his many different, but very negative traits, and his interactions with the monarch. I only began using any kind of mod within the last 3 to 4 months, so did not have any way to change character traits, or reset actions committed by any Sim whatsoever, until I learned about the commands that could be used in the prompt. I played this game from scratch one, for example, never read any tutorial, except some minor sentence, or paragraph in the game tips, but only at the very start of playing. You see, I was merely testing the game for others, and had no intention of keeping a game as large as this one on my computer, as I have never been a fan of the Sims. I owned only one Sims game at this time, and that was The Sims Life Stories, but I detest Sims 1, 2, 3 and any other Sims not Medieval/PandN. I own nearly all The Sims 3, but I bought them for other people to play. Ya know how some girls, and women can be concerning their Sims, nutcases for them, even worse than me, so I kind of had to buy them that is...
But to the point, I ended up falling madly in love with the game, though it took time, and then Xylan was created, and I got more dazzled, and so on, and Chickie, you know that I am emotional concerning this game and my Sims as I told you, so watching this builder for all this time do some pretty cruel and uncalled for, and undeserving things to my monarch and other Sims, has brought to me a very strong and passionate dislike for him, and of course his character. As you see, for so long I could do nothing in order to receive justice for the monarch, as if it were reality, the builder would have been gobbled up by the Pit Beast, the first time he slapped the king without any provocation. But without any mods, the builder cannot die, can hardly be punished, he would be released from the stocks immediately by the Constable as soon as I, the Watcher go to the Watcher's view over the top of the Judgement zone, and there was nothing i could do to change it. I tried so hard to kill the bas...rd until I finally realized he could not be killed...I went through a lot of emotions dealing with this fellow, that finally I took to the method of completely ignoring the builder, but I want to make known that we tried Xy and I many different methods of trying to get along with this creature, tried becoming the best of friends, but each time ended in the ending of any closeness for the builder, so at every instance I am able and aware of, I prevent any interaction between the king and the builder, it is actually a habit to do so now. I do now though give him an ability for tactics, but only because it keeps him busy and away from my Xylan.
The first time he was cruel to my first Xylan, way back when, what we did to the builder to get our revenge still stands clear in my mind like yesterday, as then I did not have much of the knowledge of the actions that could be taken by one Sim or another, so the only thing I could think of to do for a punishment in which would make him look a fool, was to dress him up in total hot pink clothing, including his hair, but we gave him a bright green beard. After this, the game said "Builder" is very angry with Lord Xylan, and I laughed my buns off so hard tears came to my eyes. I thought to change his clothing back, as he was being nice to the monarch later in the game, but there was a kind of glitch going on, where no one would come to the dresser anymore when requested, so he stayed in pink and green for the whole game.

I know what you meant Chickie, but what I am trying to tell you is the money issue is directly related to the ordering about of the monarch's servants. You see, if their money is the kings money, or rather the kinds is theirs, then this means the territory leaders also think the castle is theirs, just as they think they are FAMILY, when the monarch calls that group to meal, because they come when he calls family to meal, and many times I must reset them or the children will be pushed out of the way of getting themselves a plate or a bowl. The kids are slower, and never as greedy as the adults can be. I have seen non hungry Sims not invited to meal take food, and the children end up with no food, again a hint to my passionate dislike for the Sims with behavioral problems, as for so long I could do nothing to stop, or intervene before the action took place.
So, when these territory leaders think they are family, are rich like the monarch cause its their money, too, an the Throne Room and all that is inside of it is theirs, then they believe also that the servants are theirs to command as they please.

Just a few days ago, I paused the game in a territory leaders beginnings of ordering a servant, in the paused mode I shift clicked to control the leader, and I think it was this time Crafthole, but they all do it so it doesn't matter which, so I did this, as I wanted to see what he was thinking about, same as I do to any Sim who is booing any other Sim who is sword fighting, or on the operating table, etc etc, and what I saw when he was wanting to call the servant for food, was the exact same as what I see when the monarch would call for food, but this time it read you cannot call for food because there are no servants in the vicinity. I may need to check this again for the exact wording, but that is almost exactly correct, it may have said your servants, so double check again I shall.
So, due that the above is absolute fact in my game, Chickie, and you have confirmed for me that the money issue is as it should be, and the belief by these leader Sims that they are family, then in your game, they should be doing as they do in my game, which is ordering your monarch's Sims to cook for them, and serve them.

Some of my games are more like blood baths do to the irregular behaviors of Sims, especially when one or more is more like a bombardment of ugly cruelty committed by mass amounts of morose, evil, cruel, gluttonous etc Sims, and believe me you, this randomly (yeah sure it is) list of traits selected by the game, and given to 3/4 of the non player Sims all in one game, is not a rare event, but a very common one. In my game 6 out of 10 servants can be evil, or cruel, or both, or a combination of the most undesirable of traits. It is uncommon for any Sim to have somewhat acceptable behavioral traits. Hence Chickie why the subject of Sim behavior is almost always a part of my posts, it is such a large part about my game that I feel must be wrong, as I told you before, the monarch is at the highest levels of green in tactics table/edicts, showing his popularity is at its highest and best, but every time he is in a sword fight, no matter if the other Sim involved is good or bad, the crowds around who are watching the sword fights boo the monarch, even in a friendly spar, and now also they boo my knight, Reigh Nigh, and he is always like a teddy bear, loving and kind. I have tried making him mean or tough...er, I have even in the past given him the morose trait, experimenting, but also to see if I could make him a bit meaner as generally one considers a knight to be, due to what their job requires of them, but unbelievably, never did he do any of the trait actions of a morose Sim. On his own, when I was not controlling him directly. He was always the gentleman, and always gracious and kind....now don't you find that strange????? He isn't human, can't control his actions, but the game does control Sims when we the players are not. S
So again, I reiterate, my game is whacko, OR it had a mind of its own, and mocks me and my Sims at every turn. Those are the only two options available since these are my reality, and nothing else, so which one do you choose?
Whichever you choose, it does not matter because if you choose either one, you would be correct, as they are both true!

PS EA Games/Origin did not deliver my orders for digital downloads of each game TSM and P$N after taking my money, so I am in the beginnings of an action against them. Just thought to let ya know, as I mentioned my having ordered these before recently in order to try out a different file not a disc to see if there might be any changes or differences in game play. Man when EA Games beat out Bank of America last year for the Stinky Award for worst customer service companies, they sure the heck in high DESERVED it!

Take Care, Y'all, Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
#24 Old 1st May 2013 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Concerning the kids going to bed......I can get the option to appear at almost any time of day, but not in any way that seemed consistent before.
I've since looked closer at it, and the ability to be able to tell them to 'go to bed' depends directly on whether the child is actually tired or not.

*edit* although this could probably be modded to make it appear as an option all the time, it would be pointless, because the child will just get back up again. Unless they could be forced to remain in bed till an appropriate time, I'm not sure if this could be done for just the children alone though.
A successful, fully working mod for this would most likely have to alter the way the kid's motive bars work, and I don't know if that's possible either.

OHHHHH Chickie, it can be done! It is likely my stubbornness that led me to finding out that making the kids go to bed and stay there until an appropriate time to awake and start the morning, can be done, but it takes a Watcher's will too, to make it so. What I do, is remain aware of the time when a child is to be abed instead of roaming about the kingdom at 2 and 3 am, and yes, I know that the child must be tired or they will not stay or sleep, but that is when I was referring to, but the child would be stubborn, and or try and insist upon sleeping in the kings bed, so what I used to do before I used any mod in which I could lock doors, and other things, was to build a fence around the monarch's bed to keep the child from going there, and many teleports of the king and or his friends directly in front of the childs walking path in order to make them turn back left or right in the direction of their own bed. I came to realize that these kids were not aware of what bed belonged to them, so what else would any without a place to sleep but seeing the kings bed do? Go o the kings bed, so I have to show them which bed is theirs, and inside the room I put the teddy bears and a rug, as tjhe kids are attracted to the toy bears, so instinct leads them to the room the teddy's are located. Once long ago, I exchanged the beds for 3 princes and princesses, and all of them got confused and would never go to the new beds, this was when I first started using mods, so the kids were adopted, so anyway, now I do not do that, but might just change the colors around, not the bed itself, and then if its late, and the kids are not in bed, how I tell from far away, is clicking on their images in the family, or friends list in a profile of a Sim, and if it turns on, they are awake, and I know where they are, so I hunt them down, transport them to their bedroom, after taking control of them, teleporting them there, clicking the bed for them to sleep, deselecting them to release them in the action of going to the bed, so when they are on their own they cannot stop the command I gave them. Now after a time, they will get up, here is the important part with the actions one must do in order to insure the child chooses to go to sleep in their bed on their own. They will get up, no matter how tired they are, as any Sim will do after you have released control of them and they are left to do whatever they can do, since they are no longer being given directions by you. So what I have learned to do, and I can guarantee it always works in my game, but some may find it too much trouble, is LOCK the doors for that room, so you can tell I put their beds in a room on the top floor of the Throne Room as they are the only rooms with doors and locks, then click the bed to send them there, then release them in the action of going to bed, then you can wait a short time to see if they get up or not, sometimes they will stay, or if you do not want to waste any time with them but still want them abed, you can immediately go to furnish mode, and remove everything in the room that a child can interact with, which in my room for them I have the bears, mirrors, and a washing bowl on a stand for when they might like to play kingball, or wash, and if any child has the scholarly trait, I remove any portraits, statues, anything they can interact with. There is almost nothing a child can interact with in the whole of the kingdom, so this action is not time consuming at all even when replacing them the next morning. There is no need to sell the items, just place them in the holding area on the interface when in furnish mode, and set them back the next day when they awake because when they have nothing to play with in the room and they can't get out, they become well behaved children, and bored, yes, so being tired as heck, too, and other times a wee bit tired, as this also works for naps for the kids, they GO TO BED, and STAY until they are "well rested" which also gives them an extra feel good buff the next day, and what parent doesn't want more for their children than to feel good when they love them so?

Warning: DO NOT forget about the children the next morning, because they are locked in the room, no food, no other Sim can get to them unless by teleportation, or you unlock the doors! Don't worry they will not starve, or die but locking someone in a room and forgetting to release them later can affect the game especially if that Sim is important to the quest.
I have locked the Constable in his hut at the Judgement pit, and forgot him as I was trying to stop him from releasing a prisoner sent to the stocks, as he will do this every time in Watcher View when overlooking the judgement zone, its automatic, unless i lock him up in his hut.

This is off topic, but why does no one ever mention the stone image of Jacob in the middle of Watcher's View way up in the sky looking down and made of the rocks and wall formations is Jacob a stone man with parts crumbling of his form, but clearly his form is visible though no Sim is allowed in the area. Some images are so dang awesome in this game that I am stunned when no one talks about them. I think it sad too, that their is no interaction with the stone image, or even a story included in any quest or the game about how the image was created, who carved it, etc, or maybe its Peter for petes sake, but its stuck in my head for a long time that its Jacob, but whoever it is, I find it stunning, so at times i zoom down closer to it and get different angles of the carving.

I wonder also if less people than I have thought before have actually noticed the stone man in the center of the kingdom viewed while in Watcher's view.
A great wonder has been in my mind since nearly the start of me playing TSM about the origins of the stone man image carved from the rock of either Peter or Jacob, that I have researched via the Web from almost day 1 but nary a once have I seen any reference to him.

Anyone want to add to this subject? PLEASE! LOL TC Y'all

Quote:
Scholar
#25 Old 1st May 2013 at 8:06 AM
Would it not be easier to fence in the child's bed as well, and portal the child in to that area?
I only had one kingdom where the kids 'forgot' what bed belonged to them. A servant went to sleep in it at the kids bedtime and the kid routed elsewhere, then he disrupted his sister's memory and for a while they swapped rooms. I did roughly what you did, and interrupted them everytime I saw them heading in the wrong direction, or used wake up on them if I was too late. The 3rd kid slept down the stair, and he remained fine, the servant would get into his bed like it was hers, but he never tried using any of the other beds so I just left them like that.

Oh yeah, I remember when I first saw that stone man, think I was on my 2nd or 3rd kingdom, but I was surprised I hadn't noticed the statue before. I have quite a lot of screen shots of it too.
I'd always assumed it was a statue of a previous King, since it's right outside the castle.
Your Monarch starts off as Lord or Lady so perhaps the statue has been pulled down when your Monarch took over.
I think it's in ruins to leave it up to the player to decide who it's meant to be.
I did wonder once if the doom sword belonged to him since he has a shield but his sword is missing from the statue, but I don't think it is, as the back story to that sword doesn't fit....unless of course the statue was erected in homage to the crazy wandering man who willingly jumped in to the pit ;P

Just checked my caps and I was on my 4th Kingdom before I noticed it.
Page 1 of 2