Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 10:54 PM
Smithy can't/won't forge, wizard can't/won't learn new spells.
hi.

I can't choose the 'hammer' option when the metal is heated for my smithy. He'll stomp his feet and say he can't go there, but i made sure there was enough space for him to access it. i can't do the option for 'continue forging' or w/e the option is, because he'll do the same thing. i literally cannot forge a single thing.

my wizard is level 8 and can't learn any new spells. i've had him research, mix and match runes, and i even cheated at one point and looked up the rune order to one of the spells to see if that would work. every single time it fails. and no new spells appear in the 'study' section. i've tried everything and nothing works.

it's really frustrated because the smithy and wizard are in my top 3 of favorite heroes to play as. please help. ):
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 10:43 AM
First of all, if you have any mods installed then try to rename the mods folder to something else, in order to see whether they're the root of the problem.
If that doesn't work, try to start a new game and use the 'setkp' cheat in order to place the affected hero buildings and see whether the problem persists with the default buildings.
If so you need to re-install TSM, if not your save may be beyond saving,

Just remember if you try to re-install to backup your save games first, C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Saves.

Beyond that, it would also be a good idea to inform us about your system setup.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 5:24 PM
And make sure the Blacksmith's assistant isn't getting in the way of the anvil. I kept getting that, I ended up getting my monarch to send him to the pit and I bought a second anvil.
If you have Grim's Core Mod installed, the Deadly Arrow spell may be causing problems with the spell list. If that's the case, switch Deadly Arrow off and back on and that should do it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kawab
And make sure the Blacksmith's assistant isn't getting in the way of the anvil. I kept getting that, I ended up getting my monarch to send him to the pit and I bought a second anvil.
If you have Grim's Core Mod installed, the Deadly Arrow spell may be causing problems with the spell list. If that's the case, switch Deadly Arrow off and back on and that should do it.

i don't have an assistant. my blacksmith is brand new.

but i do have the arrow spell. is there a way to just get rid of it completely? i don't really want it. like at all.
are you talking about forgetting it and then preparing it again? i tried that multiple times and that really didn't do anything at all. )-:

Quote: Originally posted by DeeDawg
First of all, if you have any mods installed then try to rename the mods folder to something else, in order to see whether they're the root of the problem.
If that doesn't work, try to start a new game and use the 'setkp' cheat in order to place the affected hero buildings and see whether the problem persists with the default buildings.
If so you need to re-install TSM, if not your save may be beyond saving,

Just remember if you try to re-install to backup your save games first, C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Saves.

Beyond that, it would also be a good idea to inform us about your system setup.

ah, thanks. i'll try that, but i'm p sure it has to do with the deadly arrow spell. maybe... cRIES.

also, how do i show you my system setup? i'm not very computer savvy, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 9:36 PM Last edited by sharkbus : 6th Nov 2013 at 10:43 PM.
the problem was grim's core mod. i think the anvil was too close to the forge, so i moved it and now the smithy can forge things, and it's really fun aaaaa.

but i really don't want to play without the mod. hOW can i get rid of the deadly arrow spell cries.

edit
hhhhhh i'm so dumb.
i didnt realize i could disable the stupid spell in the options menu
sobs into hands

edit again

im dumb x2
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 11:06 AM
Ahah, glad it worked for you :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 10:14 PM
hhhhhhhhhhhhh
ok so i discovered the only reason the smithy could forge is because i played a second without grim's core mod.
for some reason the mod makes it so my smithy can't forge???? how. hoW
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 9:15 AM
If you're experiencing problems with Grim's Medieval Core, you should report it in the official thread in order to give Grim a chance to fix it.
Please try to do a little search in the thread before posting though, as someone may have reported the same problems already.

Beyond that I would strongly recommend going back to the stable version of the mod, as it seems you're currently using the beta version.
This version have got some problems of its own which is fixed in the beta version, but it's not game breaking.
The most annoying one being that you have to save your game and reload it, before the interactions are added to newly instantiated Sims.

EDIT:
Please be patient though, as we're all volunteers using our pastime developing mods for the community, while still having IRL stuff to attend to.
And by this I mean that you shouldn't keep posting for updates, just because you don't get a response immediately.