Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 2:02 AM
Monarch Resets When Directed to Sleep or Bathe
When told to sleep or bathe, my monarch just teleports a very short distance away and her entire queue drops. If told to sleep while relaxing on a bed, this still happens; she stands right in the middle of the bed, her legs going through it. This wasn't a big issue before, but the next step in her current quest is to take a bath. Help?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 2:32 AM
Anyone...?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 6:33 AM
First of all, if you have any mods installed then try to rename the mods folder to something else, in order to see whether they're the root of the problem.
If that doesn't work, try to start a new game and do the same things that you have problems with, and see whether the problems persists.
If so you need to re-install TSM, if not your save may be beyond saving.

Just remember if you try to re-install to backup your save games first, C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Saves.

Beyond that, it's always a good idea to inform us about your system setup.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 3:46 AM
I disabled my mods, as requested. After this, in my usual kingdom, I opened up the save where the monarch needed to bathe for her quest and couldn't. I directed her to sleep; reset. I directed her to bathe; reset. After that, I created a new kingdom, chose a premade monarch, and directed her to bathe; no reset, and she carried out the action flawlessly. None of the other heroes in my first kingdom have it, so I'm led to believe that this one queen is glitched.

If it matters, she was earlier affected by the dreaded Blue Eye Bug and I used Grim's debug tools to change her eyes back. The icon in the dock at the bottom of the screen remained blue-eyed, and no bust appears when I click on an object while playing her (just the menu that would surround it). Not game-breakers like the above, but perhaps it's related.

Perhaps I should try tossing the monarch in the pit, promoting one of her children, and seeing if they, too, are afflicted?

EDIT: I just noticed the last note. I always seem to forget that, my apologies! I'm fairly certain I'm running Windows XP, but I'm not sure about much else (sorry).
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dinopuff
I disabled my mods, as requested. After this, in my usual kingdom, I opened up the save where the monarch needed to bathe for her quest and couldn't. I directed her to sleep; reset. I directed her to bathe; reset. After that, I created a new kingdom, chose a premade monarch, and directed her to bathe; no reset, and she carried out the action flawlessly. None of the other heroes in my first kingdom have it, so I'm led to believe that this one queen is glitched.

If it matters, she was earlier affected by the dreaded Blue Eye Bug and I used Grim's debug tools to change her eyes back. The icon in the dock at the bottom of the screen remained blue-eyed, and no bust appears when I click on an object while playing her (just the menu that would surround it). Not game-breakers like the above, but perhaps it's related.

This sounds a bit like a problem mentioned a couple of times a while back.
DarthKitsune suggested using the core to change their religion and seeing if that would reset them.
You can try selling the bath and the bed, return to live mode, re-enter buy mode and buy new versions of those items and see if the problem persists. If it does try using them in a different room and see if it's still a problem.
Try shift-left clicking on the sim and forcing a reset and see if that does anything.
Someone, (I think Samko) had a problem similar to this, I don't think she found a solution for it, so your idea to kill her off and age up one of the kids might be the best one. I'd try the other things first if you'd prefer to keep her though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 2:52 AM
Sadly, none of your recommendations worked; however, sure enough, her children aren't affected. I guess it's time to start filling the royal cemetery I just built. Thank you!