Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 6:17 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations
Fix For Incredible Lag and Freezing on Macbook Pro?
Hi everyone. After a failed attempt to revive my dying laptop to play Sims 2 and a failed attempt at partitioning my new laptop's hard drive to play Sims 2, I broke down and purchased Sims 3 plus a few expansions. I started by installing the base game to see how I could handle gameplay before installing expansions. Everything was going perfectly for the first two hours - beautiful graphics, no lag, and no freezing.

Then everything kind of went downhill. My game loads perfectly fine, but it will freeze every minute or so during live mode. The freezing lasts for anywhere from about thirty seconds to a minute, and is more likely to happen as the time speed changes or when my Sim travels between lots. I turned the graphics settings down completely (I know my Macbook has a not-so-good graphics card), followed this by going through the Improving Performance and Intermittent Freezes sections of the game help section of the site. I removed my custom content (not that I had much - just a couple of default replacements), turned off edge scrolling, deleted caches, and disabled memories. It continues to lag. I'm not sure if this is a graphics problem or another problem - I know my computer's graphics card is less than stellar, but I have friends who run the game on the same or a similar machine with no lag at all.

Basically, I just want to know what to do to get my game to run at a proper speed, like it did for the first two hours of gameplay. If anyone has any tips or suggestions for solutions, or can note anything I missed in the help guide, I'll be incredibly grateful!

Tech specs:

2012 13" Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 processor
4 GB of memory
500 GB Hard Drive with 340 GB available
Intel HD Graphics 4000 card with 512 MB of VRAM

I can provide other specs if needed.

Thanks in advance for any help received!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 7:58 PM
Ok, well your computer should run the game fine, it is beyond the minimum requirements. The reason your game is running so slow is that you are using a low end graphics card. my Macbook Pro 15" came with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 as standard, BUT the computer has two graphics cards within it. The other in mine is a AMD Radeon HD 6490M which is a higher end graphics card for running programs with large file graphics (like The Sims 3). Check if you have another graphics card installed by going to the top left hand corner Apple logo -->About This Mac --> More Info... --> System Report --> Graphics/Displays.
Screenshots

Sincerely,
harrytheplatypus
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 5:17 PM
It should work. I just helped my friend install all expansions i have , which is most of them, onto his 13 inch mbp 2011
2.3 ghz intel i5
4gb ram
Intel hd 3000 384 mb memor
The game runs great!
I just dont have
Showtime,fast lane, diesel,katy perry, and 70's pack