Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 12:58 PM
Default 2 questions about meshing
Hello

I have 2 questions about meshing problems which i not found the answer by myself. First is, how i can link the single parts of kitchen counters so that in game become the right corner and only the top wehen placing a dishwasher.

Second question is. Is it possible to change the object heigt? Maybe to change the height of an couchtable tu use it as a sideboard an when placing something on it this not sink in the model?

It would great if someone has an answer of my questions.

Thanks Schnuffi
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 10:19 PM
The first question I have no clue about. Your second question is easily accomplished in your 3d program. You can either clone an object that has the height you want your new object to fall at or you can clone whatever and guess at the height until you get it where you want it.

For Sims 3 Paintings - SimsArtGallery
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 10:51 PM
Sorry, but i donĀ“t really understand what you mean. The height of the object itself can change in 3d program. thazs clear, but when i make a coffee table higher the objects placed on stand in the table and not on it or not?

Maybe i think it must be arranged by slots as in a sims2 objects. somewhere it must be defined where the objects have to placed when put on the table.

Sorry my english ist not the best, but i hope it ist understandable.
Alchemist
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 1:03 AM
Schnuffi:

I think that the RSLT chunk adjusts the height at which objects are placed, it needs to have a value that matches the mesh height. I think someone here just did some work on that very recently.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.