Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 7:29 PM
Default Genie Outfit Unlocked...? Please Help me :)
Hi folks,

I wanted an unlocked genie outfit and tried to unlock it...

I was following this tutorial here, how to unlock hidden outfits...
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=38392

I found the genie outift in the skins.package (Freetime Folder) and extract the Property Set and made a new package and import it... I changed the the value to 0x00000008 (flags) and saved the package. But ingame and in Body Shop there is no unlocked Genie Outfit... I can't find it ... and before, the value was not 0x00000009 (flags) it was something different.. which I can't remember (the value)

Can someone help me?

Thanks Jawusa
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 8:02 PM
You needed to keep reading. See what it says at the bottom:

P.S. Sorry, I forgot to mention one thing about the Flag numbers - they won't always be 0x00000009 - but it doesn't matter unless it's a hat. Just change the number to one number lower. It's a hex number, so, if it's 0x0000000B you change it to 0x0000000A, if it's 0x00000004 then change it to 0x00000003, etc. Hats require 0x00000002 to make them visible. Generally an uneven number means it is hidden, an even number means it's available.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 8:22 PM
The value was 0x00000029 and I changed it into 0x00000028 but it didn't show up...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 9:37 PM
Did you make sure to save it into your Downloads folder?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 4:18 PM
Yes, I put it into the downloads folder.
But it didn't show up...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 7:05 PM Last edited by fakepeeps7 : 12th Feb 2013 at 7:32 PM.
Let me try following the tutorial and I'll see what happens (I've never done this before, either). I don't have FreeTime, but in theory, one of the other locked outfits should work. I'll let you know what happens (it takes forever for Body Shop to load on my computer)...

EDIT: That didn't take as long as I expected (yay, computer!). I tried unlocking the young adult llama costume from University. I exported the file, added it to a new blank package, saved it in Downloads, and changed the 'flags' value... I also made it available for both genders, just to see what would happen (of course, you don't want to actually do this for the older age groups; the necks won't line up). Went into Body Shop, and it was there as a custom outfit (with the little star) in the young adult category for both genders and was called "yubodyllama_black_clone"... not the name I gave it, but at least it's there. It was not, however, the first outfit in the list; it was the last one. So if you've got lots of custom clothing in your Downloads folder, you may need to click through the pages until you get to the in-game stuff. In my case, the unlocked outfit was just to the left of the first in-game (non-custom) outfit.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#7 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 3:44 PM
It should be at the end of your catalog as fakepeeps said, if its still not showing up, post it here and we'll take a look at it.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 10:48 AM
So, here it is
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 7:58 PM
I'm afraid I can't look at the outfit in Body Shop (I don't have FT installed... can't unlock what isn't there!), but I had a look in SimPE. Everything looks okay, but I noticed in the Category section that it's "137F", which is obviously a combination of categories (if it was just Everyday, the value would be "7"). Have you checked all the clothing categories in Body Shop to see if the outfit shows up in any of them?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 3:48 PM
I didn't touch something... just the 29...
I saw, the outfit is a strange outfit... it's categorized in every category (Formal, Sleepwear, Everyday, Pregnancy, Athletics, Outerwear and so on...)

So maybe it has a context together... ?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 6:28 PM
How do you know it's in every category if it doesn't show up? Or did you get it to show up?

If not, try changing the Category value to 0x00000007 and see if it shows up in the Everyday category. If it does, then you can add the extra categories. If not, then there's something else going on.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 9:11 PM
I changed the value to 0x00...7 but it's still the same.. it doesn't show up...
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 9:21 PM
It's really sad...

nobody can help me...
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 12:27 AM
It's not that nobody wants to help. We just don't know what else to suggest.

Have you tried unlocking another outfit? If you can get a different outfit to show up, then it might be something to do with the genie itself. (If I remember correctly, the genie is only the top half of a body anyway. If that's the case, it might not function as a regular outfit that can be unlocked with this method. Actually... have you checked to make sure the genie isn't showing up in the separates section?)
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 8:14 AM
It doesn't show up.. (all categories top,bottom,body...)

I give it up... I'll find something similar to the genie outfit...
Thanks for the help by the way..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 9:07 AM
Lord Darcy said messing with creature outfits might not be a good thing to do if it doesn't show up in debug mode, which it apparently doesn't.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 2:32 PM
Thank you for the reply
Sockpuppet
#18 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 9:55 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 24th Feb 2013 at 10:11 PM.
might be better to clone a deault outfit and replace mesh and texture since it has a purple skinoverlay on the outfit

edit,
It might not be that simple after all...
it says ambody but the meshfile only contains a top(custom, will not fit deafault bottoms)
Not sure how they did this.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 10:08 AM
Ingame, the genie has a bottom:

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 10:10 AM
How can I clone this outfit here ?
If I change the flags value, it's still not appear..
Sockpuppet
#21 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 2:32 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 25th Feb 2013 at 2:51 PM.
I converted the top as clothing but it is pretty useless as it will not fit any bottoms.
The ''bottom'' ingame is a effect wich will never appear on a normal sim, atleast i do not know how.
It does have 2 diffrent references in the GMND file(tsdesignModeSlaveSubsets and tsBelowWaterTranslucent) but i doubt if these(only) will enable the effect.

I had a look at your file and copy a few settings from another file, try it out i would say.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  ambodygenie.7z (474 Bytes, 40 downloads) - View custom content
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 8:00 PM
I put your modfied/edited package into the download folder but I didn't find it in BodyShop unfortunately.
Sockpuppet
#23 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 11:27 PM
you best test ingame without any other content
I have no idea if bodyshop can read from the propertyset only.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 8:11 AM
It doesn't show up ingame too..
I tested in Debug Mode but unfortunately it doesn't show up...
Sockpuppet
#25 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 3:16 PM
I think the genie has a specific script attached.
I doubt if you can have the full outfit as clothing(effect included that is)
Page 1 of 2