Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 2:50 AM Last edited by bella3lek4 : 1st Sep 2015 at 3:58 PM.
The Cursed Painting "Mod" *MAC TESTERS WANTED*
Prepare Yourselves For A Smoky Curse

Are You Ready For A Challenge? "The Cursed Painting will burn You OR Bless You with some cash !

Mod Info
  • This is a custom tunning mod so it shouldn't conflict with any other mods or override any game data
  • The Cursed Painting adds 2 new unique interactions that offers new gameplay "Explained down below"
  • The Cursed Painting available in different types "Explained down below" .
  • This mod adds new "Buffs" to the sim staring at the painting & witnesses around the sim "Explained down below"
  • Sims will react to the sim using the painting in different ways according to the situation

Available Interactions
This mod contains new Interactions that offers new gameplay

Painting Types
This painting is available in 4 different types "Can be all used at once"

Extra Info
  • Gathering sims will get them excited & will start cheering once they arrive to the painting
  • If You select "Gather Sims" interaction on the "The Cursed Painting "No Mercy" *AUTONOMOUS*" Your sim will do an evil laugh because they know that everyone is going to burn & will gain "Mischief" skill points, Added by the amazing "Scumbumbo" :lovestruc
  • When a sim is taking the challenge " Staring at the painting " sims around that sim will react worried hoping that the sim won't lose & catch on fire
  • Sims will cheer for Your sim when the sim wins the challenge
  • Your sim will get a notification if they "Won" the challenge or "Lost" it with a description explaining what happened. along with sounds effects & Special FX for each event
  • "The Cursed Painting "No Mercy" *AUTONOMOUS*" has it's own tuning I made it that sims don't react to the burning sim or get notifications so it doesn't get annoying when a group of people catch on fire.
  • All 4 types of the painting are merged into 1 single package & will be available in Your game once You install this 1 package "You can also place all 4 types of the painting in the game together at once without any conflicts" You will find them in "Paintings" section for 250 $
  • Children > Elders can use the paintings , however it's not perfect for children "explained down below"

Known Issues :

This mod is not perfect but I tried my best to make it as good as possible .
  • Sims can't extinguish the sim on fire but the sim on fire can extinguish theirself however it doesn't work for kids so kids who catch on fire will die "They can be saved though by selecting "Gather Sims" interaction because it will putout all sims"
  • Kids don't get a notification for beating the curse
  • If a sim dies in a group of sims who are on fire they will all be put out automatically & only that one sim will lose their life *Unless multiple sims die at the same time* "This is maxis default rules" *This can be modded by removing the death reactions , but then sims will not react to the dying person anymore*
  • If a sim stares at the painting again right after they been put out of fire they don't catch on fire again "that time only" but the curse effect still shows "waiting for 5 seconds or longer between stares avoids this issue"
  • If a sim on fire reacted to an event they will be put out automatically , that includes "Gather Sims" interaction & challenge events *This can be useful if You want to put out a group of sims at once*

------------------------

Compatibility
  • You only need The sims 4 "Base Game" to run this mod as I made sure not to use any references from any expansion packs or game packs
  • Created under patch V.1.10.57.1020 & it should work with future patches since I made almost every XML with a custom instance
  • I'm not sure if this works on MAC or not , feedback is much appreciated

------------------------
Special Thanks to Plasticbox & scumbumbo for the amazing help they gave me ! this mod wouldn't be here without their help *YOU GUYS ROCK* :lovestruc .
TS4 studio team for such an amazing program
s4pe team for creating the awesome tool along the sims generations
Zurbo for the great buff & traits factory
My Youtube friends & anyone whoever supported my mods :lovestruc
MTS for having such an awesome site .
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  The Cursed Painting TS4.rar (646.5 KB, 30 downloads) - View custom content

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .
I used to bite .. but i don't do that anymore . Have fun! :)

Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 5:13 AM
This is not a script mod; it's an object with custom tuning. It also overrides balloonCategory_CareerCulinary_Speech and one other of those balloon things.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Deceased
#3 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 6:40 AM
Haven't had a chance to play with this, but I love how much thought and creativity you've put into it.

Do sim's that do the evil gathering to catch others on fire get an increase to their mischief skill? If not that may be a good addition.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
This is not a script mod; it's an object with custom tuning. It also overrides balloonCategory_CareerCulinary_Speech and one other of those balloon things.

Thanks for pointing that out , these 2 slipped away when I was deleting the used references from my packages . I'll fix that right now

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .

Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 3:53 PM Last edited by bella3lek4 : 29th Aug 2015 at 5:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Haven't had a chance to play with this, but I love how much thought and creativity you've put into it.

Do sim's that do the evil gathering to catch others on fire get an increase to their mischief skill? If not that may be a good addition.

Thank You so much , Your help made this mod possible :lovestruc
Holy snap that's a genius idea , I'm going to add that right now !

EDIT: I'm failing to make that possible on my own , I would appreciate if You explain to me how to increase the skill when using that interaction . thanks alot ♥

Deceased
#6 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 6:06 AM
In your interaction's outcome add a loot_list reference to one of the Skill_Loot_Dynamic actions in the game's XML - probably Skill_Loot_Dynamic_Small (11080 decimal), but you can choose one of the other ones if you feel it doesn't give enough skill points.

Then you also need to set the skill_loot_data in that interaction to reference the mischief statistic, e.g. from your ....
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 2:28 PM
Thank You so much , You're awesome ! :lovestruc