Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 1:08 PM
Default Sims Weight Gain?
I don't know, I was watching some youtube vids and came across this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6T6bYIGIkM

It looks like some advanced rendering, by an experienced coder/mesher/animator. Now I was thinking, well if something like this can be implemented outside of the simming community, shouldn't it be in the Sims 3? Also notice how the animations seem to make the sims clothes pop out, while popping off (well invisible atm) buttons.

(Sorry if the post doesn't sound like it's making sense. I've got a case insomnia atm.)

ETA: Notice the date this video's been added. :smash:
Also: I noticed the clothes move around, alot, unlike in the sims 2 where the meshes usually moved with the movement of the joints.

EDIT 3: THIS IS NOT THE SIMS 3. I REPEAT, NOT THE SIMS 3. Just an Example of what it -could- be.

Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 4:28 PM
"Now I was thinking, well if something like this can be implemented outside of the simming community, shouldn't it be in the Sims 3?"

Well, no... just because something can be done in one 3D application for an advanced rendering doesn't mean it's even remotely possible for something that has to be done on-the-fly like game rendering.

Hopefully they will do something more with different body types, allowing for more of a range between super-skinny and extremely fat, but there's a heck of a lot of complexity involved in creating something like that. And hopefully we will see some sort of nice fabric drapeing effect but I think it'd still be due to jointing - just as the way hair sways on sims is due to joints too.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 6:08 PM
I WAS excited about the Sims 3, but after seeing all the videos... Im a little worried. ERGH! WHAT DID SHE DRINK?! haaaa.
Not just that but... have you seen the ghastly content in the youtube/freetime video? I know its probably still in the baby stages of development... but sheesh it sure needs a good make over. Also all the characters look so bland, The clothes like something fresh out of that digital poser render thingy and the furniture looks almost primal.
I never thought I'd say this but im not to sure about the Sims 3.
Dark Days.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 10:32 PM
Oh I knew it wasn't the sims 3... Just the thought of that video put me of pretty much everything, let alone the sims 3. ERGGGH.
All the stuff after that refers to the actual/possible sims 3 video in the sims 2 freetime.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 6:41 AM
That's unexpected. I hope Sims 3 can have something similar.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 2:11 PM
Looks Like I found something else... again, notice the date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zfH...feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI9S...feature=related

Although it does say "Mark's Morphs" on it the first one... this -could- possibly be the future of the Sims saga.

Although the meshes and things are pretty ugly, look at the way it was made. It looks like it's still in beta. Also, notice the silliness @ the end of the second video. That looks so simmish.

#7 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
That video grosses me out sooo bad.

Yeah, me too! I don't want to see my poor Sims' clothing rip off. Too...revealing Also, that person looked pregnant at the end. People don't gain weight like that just by drinking milk...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Allison
Yeah, me too! I don't want to see my poor Sims' clothing rip off. Too...revealing Also, that person looked pregnant at the end. People don't gain weight like that just by drinking milk...

Well of course. But still... Maybe it'd make a nice pregnant morph. It's not even a Sims 3 render. But still this is what -could be- in the sims 3. I don't think the clothes would rip off though in the Sims 3.

Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
Looks Like I found something else... again, notice the date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zfH...feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI9S...feature=related

Although it does say "Mark's Morphs" on it the first one... this -could- possibly be the future of the Sims saga.

Although the meshes and things are pretty ugly, look at the way it was made. It looks like it's still in beta. Also, notice the silliness @ the end of the second video. That looks so simmish.

Er ... I seriously hope that they never ever put that in The Sims 3. It just seems too unrealistic that they would put in the game if that a Sim drinks too much water she becomes fat or worse ... pregnent?

I read the comments below the video from the poster and they said that it was made by an individual person with a special program. I don't really think this is Sims 3 related and should probably be moved to maybe the general discussion.
#10 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 1:36 AM
lol, that was funny, i agree it looked more pregnant than fat probably because only the stomach grew and nothing else. Maybe some kind of animation similar to this might be used in the sims 3 but i doubt it will look exactly like that. Besides the textures on those 3d models looked very crappy, lol. And if the sims 3 had that type of animation they would have to have very high res. textures or else when the mesh gets bigger, it will blur and be pixelated, lol.
#11 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 6:23 AM
:P

I like how the clothes move more dynamically.. but that's it.
Inventor
#12 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 12:44 PM
It looks nice, but I don't think this has much to do with the Sims3.

This guy knows his way around 3dMax though. Kudos for that.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 1:52 AM
Those videos were funny, especially the balloon one! I can't stop laughing now, lol. It just seemed so silly. But as far as the face on the girl, it looks very nice and realistic. I hope Sims can look similar to that.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 2:30 PM
Yeah, that's not a sim. It's probably made in Poser or some other 3D program.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 1:12 AM
Well, now that we know what Sims will look like being obese, this thread is probably pointless unless you want to discuss those videos which technically would be off topic.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 8:20 AM
well, I do wish they would make more bodytypes for the sims in Sim 3, two is not enough. I think there needs to be a skinny bodytype too, and a fat one. The fat one in Sims 2 isn't really fat, just plump/chubby. I also hope that they will make a more muscular bodytype for the really fit sims. Not only a different texture for the normal body. Preferably 2 fit bodytypes, one lean and one with bigger muscles. If they work out alot, or have a career in sports they should look like athlets
#17 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 6:19 PM
There is a huge range of bodytypes. Take a look at the magazine scans..
Mad Poster
#18 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 2:31 AM
Yes, or just look at the photos from the Sims 3 section at Snooty's, it's easier and more organized. You can now have obese Sims, skeletal thin Sims and everything in between. As well as a separate muscle slider to make built or athletic Sims.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 5:47 PM
That's great to hear! I'll check out snooty's once I can get in there. I'm having a problem atm. Thanks for the info
Mad Poster
#20 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:19 PM
No problem!