Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:28 AM
Default Romantic Rep.... Love it/Hate it?
I personally am a bit fed up with the romantic reputation panel. I don't know but it bugs me that the game can decide if your sim is a cheater and give you a rep, even when there is no one around to see! It's a bit like the rumors that damaged your rep with celebrities. Plus... It is feasible to date more than one person at a time without being a cheater. *Grr*

I know this is a tad Ranty, but Eh... Since the 'no jealousy' award is borked it just seems to interfere too much.

What are your thoughts? Like it or hate it?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:38 AM
I hate how I'm considered a cheater when I'm not OFFICIALLY in a relationship with somebody. Like, I don't think it's cheating for me to date several people at once if I don't have an OFFICIAL boyfriend/girlfriend. Or when the Sim is fooling around with the maid, but only behind the closed doors of his bedroom. Yet people know! wtf!? It's kind of dumb.

But it's also nice to know who's the town whore and who's the faithful companion in my town.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:47 AM
It seems a bit intrusive and a tad old fashioned. A man or woman can have more than one boyfriend/girlfriend without it being cheating. How else can you do a good love triangle?

I disagreed with the celeb rumors too (out of wedlock baby wtf is this 1940's?) but this seems heavy handed to me.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 1:03 AM
It doesnt really matter to me as I always play as a One Man/Woman Man/Woman.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 1:09 AM
I haven't had any problems so far with the romantic reputation, but if it is getting too bothersome for you, you can download Twallan's latest Story Progression mod.

Story Progression gives me better control on who/if my sims flirt with autonomously and how much a sim will be disgraced for cheating.

Here are the new features with the update:
Quote: Originally posted by Story Progression Features

Options: Celebrity NEW
Allow Disgrace by Age-Stage NEW
Defines which ages are allowed to be disgraced by the game
Default: TYAE
Module: Expanded
Allow False Accusations NEW
Whether to allow false accusations to be levied against the active sims
Default: True
Celebrity Depreciation: Active Multiple NEW
The increase in depreciation applied to the active sims
Default: 2
Celebrity Points: Appreciation NEW
The number of points added whenever a sim engages in a relationship building scenario with a sim of a higher celebrity level
Default: 25
Celebrity Points: Depreciation NEW
The speed at which celebrity points are lost, on a per-day basis. Each level can be specified individually
Default: 50, 50, 25, 25, 50, 100
Disallow Disgrace By Type NEW
Allows the user to turn off certain types of disgraceful actions
Disgrace Relation Drop Chance NEW
The chance that a sim will feel compelled to reduce relationship with you when a disgraceful event occurs. This value is adjusted by trait-scoring.
Default: 25
Disgrace Relationship Change NEW
The amount of relationship lost whenever a disgraceful event occurs
Default: -10
Disgrace Report Chance NEW
The chance that a sim in the vicinity of a disgraceful event will spread it to the rumor mill.
Default: 50
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 1:50 AM
I wish it wasn't a ROMANTIC reputation as it was a normal reputation. Like "Sim is known as mean" or "Everybody thinks Sim is just wonderful!" or "People have been talking about how generous Sim is." Instead of "Sim is Naughty" or "Sim is faithful to his luva"
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 4:49 AM
I like the idea of overall reputation SpookyOkyBatGirl. That might be interesting, as there are many ways a person could gain a good or bad rep- from donating to charity for instance, or releasing spirits to move on etc.

I have considered Twallan's mods, however I don't like some of the features you can enable with some of them. Perhaps I will consider if there is just one that subdues the rep and those blasted memory thingees, but doesn't have all the other stuff. =-)
Forum Resident
#8 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
I like the idea of overall reputation SpookyOkyBatGirl. That might be interesting, as there are many ways a person could gain a good or bad rep- from donating to charity for instance, or releasing spirits to move on etc.

I have considered Twallan's mods, however I don't like some of the features you can enable with some of them. Perhaps I will consider if there is just one that subdues the rep and those blasted memory thingees, but doesn't have all the other stuff. =-)

There is another mod out there, but I didn't link it since it is in the process of being updated.
Extended game core which allows switching otherwise hard coded behavior: This has a "pick and choose" option on what you want or do not want to install in your game. It seems that AD85 is working on updating it as well.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
It is feasible to date more than one person at a time without being a cheater. *Grr*

I concur. What would be the point of the "Propose going steady" interaction, if it's already assumed that you are?
Forum Resident
#10 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:40 AM Last edited by birdyfly : 6th Jun 2011 at 5:50 AM.
I am not sure if this is a silly idea, but what if it was more like a combination of all three of the Sims?

For the Sims 2 romance, it would have that one-sided option where your Sim could have a crush on someone, but the other Sims doesn't even know she/he exists. That way it would still add drama if the Sim thinks he/she is dating someone, but the other Sim thinks they are friends. Obviously, they both can be in love with each other once their meter is up just like in Sims 2.

For the Sims 1 dating, not have the stress of the date meter and have restaurants where they can have a fancy evening or go to a movie and such, and depending on how much progress was made in their relationship, one of the Sims will give a nice gift.

For the Sims 3, keeping the romantic reputation and meters, but have it have different outcomes according to their traits. So, if a Sim does have the cheater reputation (I am not sure if that is what it's called or not) and the other Sim has the faithful trait, he/she would be turned off, but if the other Sim has a trait similar to being accepting of open relationships and being okay with dating other Sims, then there is no affect towards it or maybe even a positive affect since they both desire the same thing and the other Sim wouldn't see it as cheating.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:50 AM
I love the Sims 2 romance, where ONE could have a crush on the other, and the other Sim thinks that they're just good friends.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpookyOkyBatGirl
I love the Sims 2 romance, where ONE could have a crush on the other, and the other Sim thinks that they're just good friends.

That is one thing I do miss about Sims 2 sadly. I felt it added depth and gave better story possibilities when it came to the romance aspect of the game. Crushes in general I thought were cute, even if both Sims had a crush on each other but were both shy to confess that they had feelings for one another.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
I am not sure if this is a silly idea, but what if it was more like a combination of all three of the Sims?

For the Sims 2 romance, it would have that one-sided option where your Sim could have a crush on someone, but the other Sims doesn't even know she/he exists. That way it would still add drama if the Sim thinks he/she is dating someone, but the other Sim thinks they are friends. Obviously, they both can be in love with each other once their meter is up just like in Sims 2.

For the Sims 1 dating, not have the stress of the date meter and have restaurants where they can have a fancy evening or go to a movie and such, and depending on how much progress was made in their relationship, one of the Sims will give a nice gift.

For the Sims 3, keeping the romantic reputation and meters, but have it have different outcomes according to their traits. So, if a Sim does have the cheater reputation (I am not sure if that is what it's called or not) and the other Sim has the faithful trait, he/she would be turned off, but if the other Sim has a trait similar to being accepting of open relationships and being okay with dating other Sims, then there is no affect towards it or maybe even a positive affect since they both desire the same thing and the other Sim wouldn't see it as cheating.

These are great ideas. =-)

I like different interractions according to the traits and the possible outcomes.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:29 PM Last edited by Claire the Bear : 6th Jun 2011 at 2:26 PM.
I understand the idea behind it. Sims seem to know everyones business anyway so If your going to go round woohooing half the town then it makes sense that you'll develop a reputation.
However, I don't micromanage my sims to the point where I know exactly who I want to pair them off with, I prefer to let them chose spouses for themselves. But we all know sims are stupid and have really bad taste so they often end up with several romantic interests as teens/YA's before they finally find the right person.
Example? My current sims first love was an inappropriate painter. He'd woohoo with her then insult her straight afterwards. So she moved on to a lovely young doctor (or so she thought) only for him to turn into an elder only 2 days later! Then she hooks up with the town womaniser until she catches him with another woman. So as a result, she has a 'naughty' reputation which is a bit weird in my opinion. I'd class her more as unlucky then anything else. . But I'm enjoying playing her because I hate for my sims lifes to be perfect, that's boring to me. It's much more fun watching her look for love, especaily now she can go dating (and produce a never ending supply of colourful flowers out of her bum apparently ).
If she ends up with a reputation because of that then so be it.

So romantic reps is a little bit too judgemental in my opinion. It reminds me of the horrible 'shamed for having a baby out of wedlock' moodlet that came with Late Night. I see what EA was trying to do, but it feels a little too judgemental and moralistic for a bunch of pixels....
Forum Resident
#15 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 1:50 PM
I haven't really played around enough to try out this new system, but it is a bit odd that polyamory isn't allowed yet gay marriage has been in since TS1.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 2:34 PM
No jealousy is borked up in this episode so you can't even go that route. Haven't tried stone hearted, since I never liked the concept of that award.. For some reason the award simply doesn't work. Also the game takes over at points with non-cancelable actions. "accuse of Cheating" will pop up at some point whether you have no jealousy or not, and give a horrible moodlet, then, if you don't repair the relationshp the game will break the sim up.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
There is another mod out there, but I didn't link it since it is in the process of being updated.
Extended game core which allows switching otherwise hard coded behavior: This has a "pick and choose" option on what you want or do not want to install in your game. It seems that AD85 is working on updating it as well.

Thanks for the rec on this mod. I'm going to check it out. Hopefully it will be ready soon! I'd love more of an alacarte style mod. I don't like the teen preg mods and they seem to be included with most of the good ones.
Inventor
#18 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:57 PM
Teen pregnancy is off by default in Twallan's Story Progression and Awesomemod.

Every single item is adjustable with a simple point and click anyway.

kittens!
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:12 PM
Yeah, I just prefer mods that don't have those features at all. Some of the teen/and teen mature content I don't want on my computer even disabled, which is why sadly, I have to give lots of Twallans things a pass. he is a genius though I agree. I don't mind adult content, but stuff involving minors bugs me.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:39 PM
SimsLover50, I understand what you mean.
I will keep an eye out on the mod that I linked to you, and I will see if there are other mods out there so you have a choice on what you would like to add to your game.
Since you don't use Twallan's mods, here are some mods that may help your game a little:

Paparazzi Level Tuning
Autonomous Vampires
sHoNi's Vampire Overhaul
XML Story Progression: No Vampires, 3 flavours (No Celeb also)

The Story Progression I believe helps with the overrun of vampires and celebrities.
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 9:09 PM
Wow! These are awesome recs! Very helpful. I love the idea of no celeb. I will try them tonight when I get home! =-)
#22 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 9:55 PM
The problem now is sims are cheating automoulsy and divorces happen automously. I don't want all my sims doing this. Most of mine are faithful. I think EA needs to tone it down a little.
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:41 PM
Plus the 'enforced monogamy' sort of bugs me. Especially for love interest and boyfriend/girlfriend. I can see for fiancee and hubbie/wife but there needs to be a few non-monogamous romantic states in game. Not everyone is quite ready to settle down to just one partner.

I don't like the autonymous actions either. Especially accuse of cheating, divorce and breakup. Those should be wishes the sims roles but should be player directed.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:34 AM
One of my games has a whole group of polygamous sims - I think I'm going to have to get the 'above reproach' reward and maybe see if I can mod it so that with that the reputation never goes down...
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 3:22 PM
I've tried above reproach.I gave it to my one sim with the cheater rep. He still broke up with his boyfriend (both have no jealousy), when his girlfriend had triplets. I probably should try doing clean slate first and then add above reproach, but IDK. The sim spontaneously broke up. Suddenly the boyfriend got the betrayed moodlet, and then they went to the park, and I hoped to patch things up, but the game took over the sims and broke both guys up. The innocent boyfriend got a 'rejected' moodlet' and the cheater simply left. I hate how the game taks over and doens't let you decide how to handle your own relationships.
Page 1 of 5