Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 5:03 AM
Default Help with recolor
So to make a long story short I got a cute cardigan/jeans outfit for males but the shirt is very low cut (like REALLY low cut) so I wanted to cover up his chest area but when I tried and refreshed bodyshop I got this picture

So I'm not quite sure what I did wrong, and I have tried getting rid of certain layers on other outfits and I would always get something similar to that

These are the textures I've changed, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong please help, I really wanna get this outfit in my game with the chest covered

Screenshots

My life needs editing
My tumblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 7:20 PM
I doubt you did anything wrong. It's probably Paint.NET. The creator of the previous thread in this section was having similar problems. My guess would be that the program isn't saving the bitmap in quite the right way, and then Body Shop doesn't know what to do with it.

Try another graphics program. The GIMP is free and works much like Photoshop (though some people have problems with it, too). I use Photoshop Elements. It's not free but it's much cheaper than the full version. I've never had any issues like this, so it's the program I'd recommend (especially if you're going to be doing a lot of recolouring).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 10:03 PM
Thanks, I've been wondering if I should get something like photoshop or GIMP and I think I might now since this has happened twice now with two outfits I would really like to make some small modifications to

My life needs editing
My tumblr