Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 1:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime
Default I cannot place anything in the lot
Hi, okay so this is my problem:

I want to place the film studio in Sunlit Tides. There is a 64x64 lot there, and I changed into a community lot ("visitors allowed"). There are no objects on the lot, it's empty.
Still I can't put the film studio there.
Neither can I put another of EA's done community lots on the 64x64 lot.

And I wonder - why? Do anyone have a solution, have I done anything wrong and so on..?
Thanks for answering!

(I can edit, build and buy at the lot, but I want to use the original lot since I'm the worst at making houses and so on)
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 1:40 PM
This is in a game that you've played for a while? Then chances are that there are either space rocks or spawners on the lot. This makes the game think that the lot is not empty and you can only place houses from the bin on empty lots. When you turn the lot to residential and the lot has a house icon in Edit Town then it is not empty.
Go to Edit Town, enter the lot, build a wall, leave the lot and then bulldoze it. It should be empty now and the icon should revert to the parallellogram for empty lots. (And if it is the 64x64 in Sunlit Tides that I have in mind, then, yes, it has some spawners on it). Convert it to community again (No Visitors allowed) and place your lot from the bin.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 2:22 PM Last edited by Melly00 : 8th Aug 2015 at 2:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
This is in a game that you've played for a while? Then chances are that there are either space rocks or spawners on the lot. This makes the game think that the lot is not empty and you can only place houses from the bin on empty lots. When you turn the lot to residential and the lot has a house icon in Edit Town then it is not empty.
Go to Edit Town, enter the lot, build a wall, leave the lot and then bulldoze it. It should be empty now and the icon should revert to the parallellogram for empty lots. (And if it is the 64x64 in Sunlit Tides that I have in mind, then, yes, it has some spawners on it). Convert it to community again (No Visitors allowed) and place your lot from the bin.

Thanks a lot! :-)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 7:54 PM
If spawned items are in the way you can either have your sim collect them or enable testingcheats, shift-click on them, and select delete (the latter is easier if you're already in build/buy or edit mode).

Also, in my game at least, I cannot place a lot on a lot. I select an item from the library, click "place copy", and all lots lose their highlight; I delete the lot where i want the building then I can place it there. But always save before doing this, on a couple of occasions I've deleted a 64x64 lot then could not place a 64x64 in the same location.