Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 2:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, University Life
Default Transferred Save to New computer- won't show up
Hi, I transferred an old save that was working just fine on my laptop to my new desktop computer but it won't show up! It doesn't appear to be corrupted or say "bad" by it or anything and I'm not sure what to do. Could it possibly be because I had a different patch version on the laptop?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon

How exactly would I fix this though?
I mean it doesn't make sense why some of my other saves from the same game that had the same patch came up except for a few others.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Is there any reason why you cannot patch to 1.67?

The game on my desktop which I transferred my save too is all patched up to the latest version. The save that originated on my laptop wasn't patched up to that one at all. I can't remember what it was patched too and I can't look since that laptop fried on me.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 1:50 AM
Did you also installed the world you were playing the save in onto your new computer?

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim mania
Did you also installed the world you were playing the save in onto your new computer?

yes, i exported my worlds and downloads folders as well.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brandon14
yes, i exported my worlds and downloads folders as well.

Try trasferring all the Sims 3 folder. However, the main folders you need are the: DCCache, InstalledWorlds and the Saves folders. These 3 folders are essential for a correct transfer.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.