Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 11:21 PM
Default Already a ton of bugs
I love the game so far until my Queen got pregnant. Now it tells me she's going to give birth at around 7pm sim time but she stands there stuck and starving to death (still standing there at around 2am), unable to give birth. I hope another patch will come out and fix this. Anyone else having trouble?

(sorry for posting a technical issue here..it didn't quite fit in S2 or S3 stuff =\)

~*~Jekka~*~
Under Educated, Over Caffeinated
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 11:41 PM
I assume you patched?
I heard the patch caused freezes and crashes to the Desktop, and an inability to access options, so maybe it causes this, too? Although I wouldn't know (don't have the game yet) maybe it helps you anway :3
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 11:49 PM
I have played both patched and unpatched and haven't come across any bugs yet *touch wood*
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applepie123
I assume you patched?
I heard the patch caused freezes and crashes to the Desktop, and an inability to access options, so maybe it causes this, too? Although I wouldn't know (don't have the game yet) maybe it helps you anway :3

So far, the only people I've seen reporting those issues have been people using no CD cracks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 12:19 AM
Yeah I patched, I'm not sure what's going on but I'm assuming it's another bug. Ugh I guess I should start a new Kingdom or something

~*~Jekka~*~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 12:25 AM
I just installed today and patched right away, but I keep freezing in the tutorial mode so I finally had to shut the game down. I don't know what my Kingdom will look like when I get back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
I just installed today and patched right away, but I keep freezing in the tutorial mode so I finally had to shut the game down. I don't know what my Kingdom will look like when I get back.

Something similar happened to me with the options, I tried to turn the graphics all the way down because it was acting weird and options kept flashing open and closing too quickly. I think the game is just giving people random bugs like all other sims games they release. I don't understand why they put out a game with obvious errors ever time.

~*~Jekka~*~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 12:50 AM
Default Moodlet Bug
After challenging the jerk in the forest I went back to the castle to try sleep off the sickness my monarch started the game with. Upon waking
the Monarch had Fatigued Moodlet with Well Rested Moodlet at the same time. So far that's the only bug I've found.

I am very disappointed with the game. I like to build things myself, not just plop down a building. A rabbit hole for the forest, come on, EA can do better than that. I want to see my Hero hunting the great bear! Don't get me started on the graphics. The forest is barely up to Sims 2 standards.

One good thing, or actually 3. Some cheats do work.

1. fullscreen off/on
2. motherlode
3. kaching

Bad news is TestingCheatsEnabled doesn't work. There has to be something like that somewhere in the cheats. But I haven't found it yet.

I've started a Blog, Winterhart's Sims Medieval if anyone is interested.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Giblets for hire
#9 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 12:51 AM
It does work, check the cheats thread.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
I am very disappointed with the game. I like to build things myself, not just plop down a building. A rabbit hole for the forest, come on, EA can do better than that. I want to see my Hero hunting the great bear! Don't get me started on the graphics. The forest is barely up to Sims 2 standards.

I agree, I thought my graphics were messing up when I couldn't see my sim hunt the bear.

Quote: Originally posted by Rick
It does work, check the cheats thread.

I still can't get it to work maybe I'm doing something wrong (although that link goes to S2 and S3 games?)

So I created another kingdom with a dude this time. So far he's woohoo'd with 3 ladies and no baby alerts. I think the pregnancy thing is bugged all the way around in my game.

~*~Jekka~*~
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 2:41 AM
I got my Queen preggers and that didn't happen to me. :u She had finished eating and I was about to send her to bed when I tried to click stuff it would say "You sim is to heavy with child to do this!" or something like that.
I only waited a couple seconds and she had the baby. o:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by globalprincess
"You sim is to heavy with child to do this!"

mehhh mine does that too but she won't move as soon as that 'have a baby' icon comes up ugh I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that I had to shut off DEP in order to get the game to actually work.

~*~Jekka~*~
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
After challenging the jerk in the forest I went back to the castle to try sleep off the sickness my monarch started the game with. Upon waking
the Monarch had Fatigued Moodlet with Well Rested Moodlet at the same time. So far that's the only bug I've found.

One good thing, or actually 3. Some cheats do work.

1. fullscreen off/on
2. motherlode
3. kaching

Bad news is TestingCheatsEnabled doesn't work. There has to be something like that somewhere in the cheats. But I haven't found it yet.

I've started a Blog, Winterhart's Sims Medieval if anyone is interested.

You can edit the Commands.ini file in the following folder:
Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini

Open the file using notepad or wordpad, and change:

TestingCheatsEnabled=0

to

TestingCheatsEnabled=1

If using Win 7 or Vista, it may help to copy the file to your desktop, re-name the original file .old or something (back ups man, back ups) edit the file on your desktop and put the file back in the directory.

When running the game again, you'll be able to drag your health and sleep bars and the friend meter bars.. there are some additional functions as well, but nothing near the depth that TS3 has.

Just an FYI.. you don't enter the command "testingcheatsenabled true" at all in game.. the ini sort of auto loads it.. so.. no in-game commands required.

Peace.. :P

(Now.. if only there was an RP point cheat I'd be golden... )

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrunkenWriter
mehhh mine does that too but she won't move as soon as that 'have a baby' icon comes up ugh I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that I had to shut off DEP in order to get the game to actually work.

DEP? D:
And -pats- It'll work j u j"
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:30 AM
ive had varous bugs but this what i do to get rid of them. first save it under a differnt save incase it dont work(worked every time for me so far)
basicaly all i do is go back to main menu and reload it its fixed every bug ive had so far.

here list of bugs hit me so far

1. suck doing action
2.preggy stuck giving birst(same as 1 basicaly)
3. cant change floor lvl(buttons be grayed out)
4.pathing fails(sim wont move on any terrain thats not flat)
5.object bugs and no one can use it.
6. game crash randomly when saving if played more than 4 hours
thats all i found so far and they all fixed once i just reloaded the game thru a save.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 4:36 AM
I have one problem, the game crashes regularly, screen go striped, perhaps 50 black and white vertical lines on screen and I can only reboot.
Game is patched and I have updated the catalyst driver.

No problems with Sims 3, usually run it in windowed mode, have a ATI 5700 graphic card so it should be able to run this just fine.
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by magnemoe
I have one problem, the game crashes regularly, screen go striped, perhaps 50 black and white vertical lines on screen and I can only reboot.
Game is patched and I have updated the catalyst driver.

No problems with Sims 3, usually run it in windowed mode, have a ATI 5700 graphic card so it should be able to run this just fine.

try rolling back your vid card driver. thats what it sounds like to me. when sims 3 came out there where issues with some vid card drivers till the vid cards got updated
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 6:13 AM Last edited by DrunkenWriter : 24th Mar 2011 at 6:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by globalprincess
DEP? D:

Data Execution Prevention, I haven't been the only one needing to shut it off - the Medieval FB page is covered with people with the same problem.

Quote: Originally posted by sidfu
basicaly all i do is go back to main menu and reload it its fixed every bug ive had so far.

I tried this with two different games I have going one my Monarch is the pregnant sim and the other his wife is the pregnant sim. No change, they both just stand there after screaming for a while itching their nose, stretching and waiting lol

Quote: Originally posted by LE102071
You can edit the Commands.ini file in the following folder:
Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini

I am going to try this to see if it can solve my problem but I forgot, does testingcheatsenabled have some kind of reset sim option? Just tried this, it works for testingcheatsenabled now in my game but tried to reset my sim this way and it does knock off the 'have a baby' action but it comes right back and she continues standing there >.> I give up unless anyone else has any other suggestions?

~*~Jekka~*~
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 7:06 AM
Since nobody else seems to have this bug, I'll post it: I've started two different kingdoms but each one seems to have the same thing happen whenever any of the Hero characters go to the Village Shoppe: the camera suddenly zooms out to its farthest perspective and will not zoom back in again until I have the character go elsewhere in the kingdom. The keyboard shortcuts don't work and the camera control buttons for Zoom In/Zoom Out completely disappear off the screen. I literally have to wait until the active character has left the Village Shoppe and is more or less halfway back to whatever other destination I would pick for them before the Zoom buttons reappear or the keyboard shortcuts work again. (Although, I suppose I shouldn't complain THAT much--it's not like you get to SEE your Hero character do the shopping...the browsing menu simply pops up and you pick what you want your Hero to buy.)

Yeah...add my surprise and disappointment to not seeing any special animated sequences for hunting the bear or shopping and stuff.
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 7:36 AM
Data Execution Prevention, I haven't been the only one needing to shut it off - the Medieval FB page is covered with people with the same problem.

Yeah, I see it. :u /is always there for some reason
Instructor
#21 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by donnlap
Since nobody else seems to have this bug, I'll post it: I've started two different kingdoms but each one seems to have the same thing happen whenever any of the Hero characters go to the Village Shoppe: the camera suddenly zooms out to its farthest perspective and will not zoom back in again until I have the character go elsewhere in the kingdom. The keyboard shortcuts don't work and the camera control buttons for Zoom In/Zoom Out completely disappear off the screen. I literally have to wait until the active character has left the Village Shoppe and is more or less halfway back to whatever other destination I would pick for them before the Zoom buttons reappear or the keyboard shortcuts work again. (Although, I suppose I shouldn't complain THAT much--it's not like you get to SEE your Hero character do the shopping...the browsing menu simply pops up and you pick what you want your Hero to buy.)

Yeah...add my surprise and disappointment to not seeing any special animated sequences for hunting the bear or shopping and stuff.

I don't think that is a bug, that is the way it is supposed to be, I think...because the village is just a rabbithole.

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Field Researcher
#22 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sidfu
try rolling back your vid card driver. thats what it sounds like to me. when sims 3 came out there where issues with some vid card drivers till the vid cards got updated

The crashes was the reason why I updated the video driver. Current system has worked well with all games I have tried.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by donnlap
Hero characters go to the Village Shoppe: the camera suddenly zooms out to its farthest perspective and will not zoom back in again until I have the character go elsewhere in the kingdom.

Mine does this too, most of the time I find that I'm on the follow my sim option when he/she goes into the village shop. It is a rabbit hole so basically they are kicking you back out

Quote: Originally posted by magnemoe
The crashes was the reason why I updated the video driver. Current system has worked well with all games I have tried.

Mine was running horribly until I got a can of air and q-tips and clean the mess outta my fans in my CPU. The one on the motherboard was the WORST. After that medieval runs sooo smooth. Not sure if this is your problem but it's worth a shot =\

~*~Jekka~*~
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 2:11 PM
I can not add the game to the DEP exception list but I am not having any CTDs or bugs at all so no worries... I find my game running smoothly and graphics are crisp.

"What fools these mortals be"
WS
Field Researcher
#25 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:29 PM
I still can't get it to work maybe I'm doing something wrong (although that link goes to S2 and S3 games?)

This info is from another thread and it helped me play the game as I like to... Cheating... I started a new kingdom all the heroes are level one but I have all the buildings and such.

Quote: Originally posted by Rick
These are the commands exposed by the game scripts, there are more engine commands, I have not looked at those yet.

Game commands, general: (enabled)

help
quit
ShellState
RerollQuests

World commands, general: (enabled)

kaching
motherlode
enablellamas
hideHeadlineEffects
maptags
speed

Game commands, cheats:

You can enable these by editing X:\Path\To\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini\Commands.ini and changing TestingCheatsEnabled=0 to TestingCheatsEnabled=1

setKingdomPoints
setKP
setQP
DisableRespos
EnableRespos
ShowAllQuests
ShowAllValidQuests
ShowAllValidQuestsNoAspect
videoMakerModeEnabled

World commands, cheats:

You can enable these by editing X:\Path\To\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini\Commands.ini and changing TestingCheatsEnabled=0 to TestingCheatsEnabled=1

setmood

Game commands, debug:

Can't enable these without a core hack.

World commands, debug:

Can't enable these without a core hack.

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Page 1 of 3