Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 11:09 PM Last edited by lilsweetiecori : 19th Jan 2005 at 11:37 PM.
Default Need help with fireplace
I am having trouble recoloring the fireplaces. I downloaded the newest SimPE today and it still doesnt work so I looked under search and found "Need help recoloring gentrific fireplace". I read it, but I am confused on how to do that. Can someone please help? Thank you!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 11:59 AM
Hey, it took me an hour or two to figure it out. I'm really new at this and it's confusing to me most of the time too. So, I really hate to give advice here, I'll try to give you a little more detail. I have not tested the fireplace in my game, but I did upload it for testing. Anyway, just open SimPE and create your fireplace as you normally would. After your texture is uploaded, saved, and committed, look in the upper left hand corner at file types and choose material description directly above texture image. Next in the upper right hand box called packed files, choose material override. You should still be in 'plugin view' and should see the CPF editor. In the CPF editor box, choose objectGUID. Now, look to the right...you will see settings. 'name, type,value'...Change the 'value' to 0x0C7767B5 as numenor listed in his reply to me. Commit and you will see the value change in a few seconds. Now, save again. I hope this is correct, but I'm sure someone here with more experience will catch it if it's not. My fire place did show up...but again, I have not tested it. Hope this helps
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 12:28 PM
Kellymichele, the procedure you've described is absolutely correct. I'm sorry it took you a couple of hours to figure out how to apply my instructions, I should have been more specific.

Anyway, the next version of SimPE will handle the fireplaces correctly (I hope! :D)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 7:14 PM
IT WORKED!!!!

Thank you two very much Kelly for making me understand And numenor for telling kelly how to do this .

Kelly: I LOVE your set that you made. Now the picture of the fireplace I have is just a quick one to see if this worked. So, its ugly :blah: Anyway, even though, I am no where near how good you are! Awesome job.

numenor: thank you for being here and answering questions for people like me everyday :howdy:

Again THANK YOU!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 10:18 PM
something went wrong...
Okay I got the fireplace into the game I saw it, it was there. Then I shut off the game so I could play around some more with recolors. Well later I turned the game back on and the fireplace went back to its original maxis color. My color was gone! What happened and how can I fix this???? :weep:
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 3:24 AM
Numenor...the only reason it took me so long, is that I tend to get ahead of myself with things...If I had taken the time to learn my way around SimPE a little BEFORE recoloring, I would have known what mmats and guids were...your explanation was fine. Thank you again.

Cori...Your fireplace is anything but ugly...in fact it will go with lots of sets I've seen on this site. AND I just checked my own fireplace...It does the same thing. I remember reading about some 'known' issues with simpe...I wonder if this is one of them...Numenor...are you still out there??? I did a search on 'fireplace' and have not found anything.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 7:35 AM
Would you please (I mean both of you) post your recolour packages here? I'd like to take a look.
In the meantime, you can open it and examine all the Material Overrides, checking that:
1) the "Family" number is different in each MMAT
2) the "DefaultMaterial" value is set to "false".
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 12:00 PM
Numenor...The default in mine is false, but I only see one mmat...anyway, here it is. Thank you so much for your help.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  KellyGentrificFirePlace14.zip (112.4 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
The ModFather
retired moderator
#9 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 12:14 PM
No, I have to thank you for reporting this issues. Those fireplaces are driving mad Quaxi and me, because they are quite strange objects.
Actually, so far, I'm not sure if a correct recolour for the fireplace needs 5 MMATs or maybe 1 is enough...
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 12:20 PM
I just dl several on this site that were posted 12-26-05 and all have 5 mmats...I haven't had time to test in game....but there was no mention of a problem in any of the posts to these particular fireplaces
The ModFather
retired moderator
#11 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 1:01 PM
Yes, I'm quite sure now that the fireplaces must have 5 MMATs to have a stable recolour. The next version of SimPE, that is bound to be released, will handle correctly even the fireplaces.
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 5:17 PM
That would be great...thanks again for all of your help
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 6:16 PM Last edited by lilsweetiecori : 21st Jan 2005 at 6:19 PM. Reason: cant upload my fireplace....
K here is my (new) fireplace... I am going bald from all of this recoloring stuff hee hee (okay fireplace didnt show up I'll try again)
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 6:25 PM
Default okay got it.
here it is...
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  cori27fireplace1.zip (115.2 KB, 21 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 2:59 PM
Cori...just wanted to let you know that there is a new version of SimPE that corrects the fireplace problem we have...it has the 5 MMATs you need. Your white fireplace is gorgeous...do you mind if I dl it also?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 10:00 PM
Thank you kelly, for telling me abou the new SimPE. You sure can download my fireplace. Thank you for the compliment. I'll do up another with the new SimPE and I will get it up on here for you. Thank you!!!!

† mom, July 8, 2006 †