Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 6834 (Who?), Viewed: 228814 times.
Page 274 of 274
Instructor
#6826 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 10:43 PM
And here I am using more maxis matchis hair. Lower poly counts, okay length, graphics is not supershone but style neutral (I really like Poppet V2 colors)

Yet I reuse the same 5 hairstyles because it’s literally the 5 hairstyles 75% of all guys no matter age
Has

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
#6827 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 11:17 PM
How does one keep their roommate happy ? I have a couch, basic tv, a table with two chairs and a bed for my playable sim.

I don’t have to give them a bed right ? I need her to stay so I can keep my sims rent down since she started her own business 😂😂
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#6828 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopeT
Charity and Jo, thanks for the links...I already have all the hairs of interest from those creators.

I was doing some hair culling yesterday (to see what I wanted to add back to my game vs permanently remove from my computer) and noticed the disparity between AF and AM in not just clothing (which we long-time players are used to), but hairs as well. Hence my above posting.

Believe me, I look for male hairs that fit my style, and look often. If I liked super long hair, man buns and super high-poly (my cutoff for male hairs is around 7,000 polys and for female hairs around 10,000) short hairs for males I'd be all set , but that's not of interest. So while I do have a decent number of male hairs, more options are always welcomed...especially when you have a neighborhood with an almost equal male-to-female ratio and don't want the same few hairs having to be used over and over again.

Most of my hairs are either shaggy or short. Not to say females don't have more, they do, but I have a good quantity of male hair too. Hat has a ton of short male hair, are you sure you have looked through them all? How many are you after?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Tuesday is Soylent Green day!
retired moderator
#6829 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 11:31 PM
@Gcgb53191
Yes, you need a bed. Your room mate will go off to work and also leave the lot to 'run errands' and when he returns will have maxed motives. But, it is entirely possible for the motives to drop when on the lot, so anything your sim needs should also be available for the room mate. If you only have one bed you should be prepared for the room mate to use it sometimes!
Needs Coffee
#6830 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 11:43 PM
if you don't mind MM Skoogy also has plenty. https://skoogy.livejournal.com/tag/hair%20-%20male

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#6831 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
@Gcgb53191
Yes, you need a bed. Your room mate will go off to work and also leave the lot to 'run errands' and when he returns will have maxed motives. But, it is entirely possible for the motives to drop when on the lot, so anything your sim needs should also be available for the room mate. If you only have one bed you should be prepared for the room mate to use it sometimes!

I could have sworn that they never used it so I just stopped supplying them one unless it was a glitch or something at some point 🤔

I mean really they should bring their own stuff !
Theorist
#6832 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 5:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Most of my hairs are either shaggy or short. Not to say females don't have more, they do, but I have a good quantity of male hair too. Hat has a ton of short male hair, are you sure you have looked through them all? How many are you after?

I'm am not after some magic number of hairs. As stated before, while there are plenty of newer male hairs to be had, they do not interest me (being the picky person I am) for the reasons mentioned earlier. As for Hat's hairs, yes, I do have all of the ones of interest. In fact, Hat's 'hair dumps' are the reason I switched from Simgaroop's/Poppet's textures/colors to Pooklet's/io's textures/colors. I appreciate you trying to help though.

Being that I'm on Tumblr and also keep up with Simscave updates, sure I'll find more newer simple hairs that make the cut eventually. If so, I'll be sure and add links for others as well.

"It would be most inconvenient since I've sworn to loathe him for all eternity." ~ Elizabeth Bennet

"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope." ~ Captain Frederick Wentworth
Instructor
#6833 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 9:39 PM
I can read I can’t help at all

Mainly because all I do is retexture has hair

That said
Being on tumblr and all that
Idk why the download with 8 sims and one hair texture is the most downloaded file from my download archive and i’m Getting seriously nervous what this means
Is it for the hair or the sims bc damn no one gives constructive critism in this community and once in a while I feel like I need it to improve my content

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
#6834 Old Yesterday at 10:16 PM
Reading this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_uS/di...soft-for-you/p6

I found this:
Quote:
Do you remember when Maxis was torturing a sim ?

Will Wright's Maxis was more cruel than The Sims Studio.

That was not really under Will Wright - he basically did just Sims 1 and that was Nervous Subject from Sims 2 being taunted/ experimented on in StangeTown. By then Will Wright was working on Sims Online - I tested that game too for him - and he said he was mainly the person the Sims team came to when they had questions and such. He was mainly their sounding board. But he did not want to really do a Sequel - he said it terrified him. LOL. He never explained why - but his team did make that - the same people he worked on Sims 1 with of course. Sims 2 is also where Sims Guru Grant started as well.

I heard he did approve of testing Nervous Subject though - lol. He said who wouldn't - his mother was a possible crazy killer and his father was The Grim Reaper - Lol.

You have to keep in mind - you did not have to play that way or even that household unless you wanted to - so it was not as if experimenting on Sims was a main point of the game. It was just something in that town.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_uS/di...omment_16658594

Wait what?
Here it is written that Will Wright did not want to make a sequel:
Quote:
But he did not want to really do a Sequel - he said it terrified him.

I suprised after reading this. What do you think about it?
The Great AntiJen
#6835 Old Yesterday at 10:20 PM
I think I get that Will Wright wanted to do something else.

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Page 274 of 274