Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 11:47 PM
Default Sims for taking forever?
Anybodyelse been having the problem of The game taking forever to start like actually open up? does anyone know what could be causing it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:15 AM
My game is borked and I got a message to reinstall it. Repair didn't fix it, so I unstalled and reinstalled and got the same message again. I think there's an issue not in my game, but in Origin. I'm waiting to chat to a rep now. BTW, this type of post goes in "help", not general discussion.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#3 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:44 AM
Mine does but I have alot of mods and cc plus my computer is older. When I take my mods folder out it runs fast.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:47 AM
Mine takes longer than it used to but I have a LOT of cc.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:52 AM
Ah, my game was borked because of added CC.

Out of curiosity, when was the last time you cleared your cache files? Maybe that would speed loading time.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 2:12 AM
Moving to Help. Please post here with issues, not in Discussion.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 2:24 AM
thanks for moving this,sorry. I have allot of cc so that might be it..but the problem is mainly just in it actually starting and opening the load times arent that bad. ill try cleaning my cache files though.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 8:46 AM
I was having the same problem then i remembered i had the locked doors mod, so i removed it, repaired the game and restarted and it came up fine, with 600 mods running, so I'm glad for that. That was a script mod, I believe, so don't think a package file would cause this to happen.