Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED: The Kingdom of Niua Simoa for World Adventures

by kiwi_tea Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 3:28 PM - Updated 7th Aug 2011 at 1:27 PM by kiwi_tea

376 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 343 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 16
Lab Assistant
#301 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 10:35 AM Last edited by rednotdead : 6th Feb 2011 at 10:45 AM.
I dont know what has gone wrong but when I have unpacked the world and gone to play it is unpopulated

oops my mistake forgot that had installed new pack so game had gone back into tutorial mode

----------------------------------------------
We are all part of the tapesty of life. Weave your threads with the colours of peace, love and compassion my friends.
Test Subject
#302 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 8:36 PM
Dammit, how to rename files in Winrar? D:
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#303 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 1:41 PM
Hey Choccolatino, you don't need to rename them IN Winrar, you can just rename them all in their folder.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
#304 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 6:03 PM
Amazing Sims 3 world!
I wish there were more worlds with their own population for the game, even small ones with up to 10 households would be nice.
Thanks a lot!

Now how about an alien colony with blue, red, yellow, green and purple sims? :D
Lab Assistant
#305 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 12:18 PM
Hi Kiwi_Tea,

I love this world! It's really amazing; good job! I have a quick question. A few months ago I played Niua Simoa for WA, and then had to reinstall my game and redownload Niua Simoa for WA but it was a bit different (no heat haze, extra families and lots etc) and one thing I noticed is that the custom books in the book store (such as the books by old Ms. Karakia and others about the history and culture of Niua Simoa) were no longer there. The default books were back. I really miss those custom books! Is there something wrong with my game or are they really gone in this new version?
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#306 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 4:58 PM
Oops! I think I accidentally deleted Ariifano Karakia's previous books when I prepopulated the world! Apologies, I should have thought of that. I'm afraid they are gone.

Lab Assistant
#307 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 3:13 AM
All of Ariffano's books show up in the Riverblossom Hills bookstore, though. Is there any way to get the cool custom books back in Niua Simoa instead of raymundo and game of thorns etc?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#308 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 2:41 PM Last edited by Katastrophe1112 : 2nd Mar 2011 at 4:05 PM. Reason: Including errors
I want it. I've tried for a couple of hours to get the World installed. Can't do it. I can't extract the files to a folder on my desktop. I'm getting this prompt: Next volume is required [C:\Users\Kathryn\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111431_NiuaSimoa.part2.rar]. When I try to extract part2 I then get the same prompt for part3. Meanwhile, nothing is actually extracting.

Naturally, the installer won't do it's job either.

I've tried dragging the damned things into the desktop folder and into the game and boom, up pops the same bloody prompt no matter what I do.

Anyone wanna venture a guess as to wtf I'm doing wrong because I'm sure it's an operator error?

Edited to show errors:

C:\Users\Kathryn\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111439_NiuaSimoa.part5.rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack Niua Simoa.Sims3Pack
! C:\Users\Kathryn\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111439_NiuaSimoa.part5.rar: No files to extract
! C:\Users\Kathryn\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111437_NiuaSimoa.part4.rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack Niua Simoa.Sims3Pack
! C:\Users\Kathryn\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111437_NiuaSimoa.part5.rar: The required volume is absent
! C:\Users\Kathryn\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111437_NiuaSimoa.part4.rar: No files to extract
! C:\Users\Kathryn\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111436_NiuaSimoa.part3.rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack Niua Simoa.Sims3Pack
! C:\Users\Kathryn\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111436_NiuaSimoa.part4.rar: The required volume is absent
! C:\Users\Kathryn\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111436_NiuaSimoa.part3.rar: No files to extract
! C:\Users\Kathryn\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111435_NiuaSimoa.part2.rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack Niua Simoa.Sims3Pack
! C:\Users\Kathryn\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111435_NiuaSimoa.part3.rar: The required volume is absent
! C:\Users\Kathryn\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111435_NiuaSimoa.part2.rar: No files to extract
! C:\Users\Kathryn\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111431_NiuaSimoa.part2.rar: The required volume is absent
! C:\Users\Kathryn\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111431_NiuaSimoa.part1.rar: CRC failed in Niua Simoa.Sims3Pack. The file is corrupt
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#309 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 5:57 AM
Hi Katastrophe1112. The problem is you need to remove the numbers that MTS has generated in the files. See the random numbers in the file names?

MTS_kiwi_tea_1111439_NiuaSimoa.part5.rar

Remove all of those so that the files recognise each other as part of the same archive. ^_^

Lab Assistant
#310 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 3:41 AM Last edited by Katastrophe1112 : 5th Mar 2011 at 1:57 PM. Reason: Success
Default I have it. And I lurrrrrrrrrrrrve it.
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Hi Katastrophe1112. The problem is you need to remove the numbers that MTS has generated in the files. See the random numbers in the file names?

MTS_kiwi_tea_1111439_NiuaSimoa.part5.rar

Remove all of those so that the files recognise each other as part of the same archive. ^_^

Darling dearest,

I only read the instructions 8,000 times. Thanks so much for once again pointing out the obvious. You're a peach for not crucifying me. Unfortunately, I'll likely bungle something in this process.

Final edit: This place is beautiful. A labor of love, surely. Thank you for assistance . . . very much appreciated.

. . . because sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hang onto.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#311 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 6:08 PM
Thanks for the awesome neighborhood!
Any news on when the Ambitions lost are going to be released?
Inventor
#312 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 2:50 AM
A really beautiful world. I started to play with the Solomon feller: a very nice job you did with the shanty part of the town. among other things.

In the town there are quite a few empty public buildings where you can put a lounge or a bar, etc. I really don't think big buildings like skyscrapers or the studio belong on the island; I guess I will replace at least some of the existing rabbit holes with smaller buildings.
Test Subject
#313 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 5:43 PM
I really can't wait for the Ambitions-Late Night-More Lots version!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#314 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 11:35 PM
I'm so glad I finally got WA! This place looks amazing!

I'm also loving the names of the volcanoes. Perhaps Matai for the third, unnamed one? :One last thing, then I shall toddle off and add this to my game, the word/name Tapuwhai - what does it mean? I know tapu means 'sacred' but can never remember what whai is

Cheers
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#315 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 3:45 PM
Hi Geah, whai can mean stingray. Sacred stingray, basically. It's an emblem of Niua Simoa. There's even a stingray-shaped tomb somewhere. ^_^

Lab Assistant
#316 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 12:39 PM
Hi, just wanted to say thanks for the gorgeous world. I think I've encountered a minor issue or maybe it's just me really, it seems that every time I look at Map View the map tags automatically get filtered to "Opportunities and Jobs". Or maybe that's supposed to happen, I just never noticed it before playing any other world.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#317 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alrunia
Hi, just wanted to say thanks for the gorgeous world. I think I've encountered a minor issue or maybe it's just me really, it seems that every time I look at Map View the map tags automatically get filtered to "Opportunities and Jobs". Or maybe that's supposed to happen, I just never noticed it before playing any other world.
That usually happens to me when I play a Sim that is in one of the Ambitions careers, like ghost hunter etc. You can change this back: while in Map View there is some options panel for what kinds of tags should be displayed.
#318 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 2:24 PM
Erm, I have a question that is more like a request for advice on how to progress my game atm. I still can't decide on what to do with the three Kuia women. Story Progression had moved one of them into town and married her to Connell Bell. I didn't like this idea and so moved her out and had her join the homeless pool again. But now the three of them are approaching elderhood. Should I reset their ages and have them as eternal homeless, move all three of them in or turn them into ghosts that roam the island as homeless/residents? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
(Guess this tells a lot about a world when I even wreck my brain on what to do with homeless townies )
Test Subject
#319 Old 1st May 2011 at 1:14 AM
Is there anyway to add the Sims into the game without putting them in the saved sims folder? If I do put them in there, will they show up when I go into CAS? Thanks!
#320 Old 7th May 2011 at 12:47 PM
After playing for several weeks with this fantastic world I finally began exploring it a bit more. From reading the comments I gathered that there were issues with the off-shore volcano island and the tombs in general. Now, as I'm playing the latest version I noticed that the volcano island isn't accessible at all and doesn't show as a locked lot either. Is this right? Also some of the dive wells seem to have lost their links and exploring them will just trigger nothing at all.
I'd like to list the few things I have observerd so far. Maybe you would want to have a look at them:
1) Ancient Pa Site
-The first dive well on the bottom floor (BasementEntrance) points to a well called Basement1. Either this doesn't exist or the link is broken.
-Both the wells Kowhai and Tumble17 point to Puriri in Tapuwhai Palace. Is this correct? Puriri, on the other hand, points nowhere. In addition, in order to leave Puriri I would have to have discovered the secret door first, otherwise I would be trapped.
- Standing in front of the entrance the floor trigger to the left on the first floor of the outer walls points to some place in the foundations of the "tower" behind a non-pushable statue. But nothing seems to be there.
- Same goes for the trigger behind the pushable statue to the right of the tower. It points to both the plant in the great hall and the fire pit. The light above the plant changes but nothing happens to the pit.
- The inspectable hole near one of the staircases is empty.
- Text plaques outside the hall and inside the tomb contain no text. Is this intentional?
2)Mount Nikau
The dive well there (Nikau) is just a dive well, it doesn't warp anywhere. The one underneath it is not named and there's no way I can access this little tomb.
3)Waka Juice Bar. The dive well there (Rimu) points to Nikau. I haven't found a well that points to Rimu.
4) The hidden tomb near Pancake Rocks
-The last chest is empty and not set properly to be opened like adventure chests. It behaves like a chest at home lots.
- There's a pullable torch that doesn't seem to do anything.

I haven't done any travelling yet, but does the warning still apply that one should have explored the volcano island first in order to prevent getting stuck there after returning?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#321 Old 18th May 2011 at 12:56 AM Last edited by Modsaretasty : 18th May 2011 at 8:13 PM. Reason: Fixed problem
I have the same problem is Katastrophe, and I really don't understand what youre saying. Where is it I delete the numbers? When I delete them where the "you need this disk:" thingy comes up, it doesn't work. Do I do it in a specific order? Where do I change it? This is really annoying me.

Edit: I got it to work by saving the files then opening them. Thanks, it's a nice world.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#322 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 4:46 AM
Beautiful world. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#323 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:43 PM
Wow, I love it! Thanks!
Is there somewhere I can read an explanation for the Kuia women (why they have the blueish skin)?
Anyway, it's a great world, amazing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#324 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:49 PM
Hi kiwi_tea your world is very amazing!! Thank You.
Anyway, Can you make The Kingdom of Niua Simoa for Late night too?
Test Subject
#325 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 5:06 PM
Stupid question: Are all the residential and community lots included in the world sims3pack file? Or do I need to download and install each one seperately?
Page 13 of 16