Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED: The Kingdom of Niua Simoa for World Adventures

by kiwi_tea Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 3:28 PM - Updated 7th Aug 2011 at 1:27 PM by kiwi_tea

376 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 343 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 15 of 16
Test Subject
#351 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 9:06 PM
When i try to download the first part it gives me the 403 - Forbidden error code and wont let me download.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#352 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 11:59 PM
Cool! I'll try this new improved version!
Test Subject
#353 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 4:21 AM
Kiwi,

I have tried to install/uninstall this world a few times now with showtime and it keeps crashing when i try to load the world.

I followed all your install/extraction instructions to the letter. Any ideas?
Retired
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#354 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 8:46 PM
Can you install other custom worlds, sneakchic? I've installed it with Showtime and it worked fine - same file as on here. I know the patch has caused issues with Simpacks (it uninstalled half my store content, including Hidden Springs (no loss there)). I'll keep an eye out for more reports of this!
Test Subject
#355 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 6:30 AM Last edited by sneakchic : 16th Mar 2012 at 12:09 AM.
yea, none of the other custom worlds i tried are working either. I even uninstalled/reinstalled showtime, no luck. not even Twinbrook works. Any ideas?

Did a fresh install of "everything" and its working now. Must of been something screwy before.

Btw, kiwi, I <3 this world, its beautiful, awesum job!
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#356 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 1:32 AM
I had to do the same thing, sneakchic. Fresh install solved it. What a pain though!

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#357 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 12:06 AM Last edited by Duncan Disorderly : 28th Jul 2012 at 10:54 PM.
Thanks very much for this neighbourhood. I first downloaded it years ago. It is still my all time favourite.

I like the history of the island, especially the appearance of the new volcano. In my version the new volcano uncovers ancient artifacts on the island. The artifacts are tablets that were written thousands of years ago. The words say that when the third fire appears on the water, the king and the royal family will be crushed by 3 colourful whales who will rule in their place during a golden age. Of course nobody pays attention to the prophecy. Ultimately, the entire royal family are wiped out when 3 rare jumping whales (thought extinct) leap out of the ocean and crush the entire royal family who were enjoying a day at the beach. But all is not lost.

It was rumoured the king had a mistress many years ago. It is said that she got pregnant by him and gave birth to triplet girls. Scandal or not, if these girls are alive, they are the true heirs to the throne. After a worldwide search they find the 3 daughters, but they are not what they expected. That said, the story sparks a world wide media sensation about this previously unknown little island. The attention boosts tourism and puts the island on the map. Perhaps the prophecy is true. Any sceptics to the prophecy soon change their mind once they see their new queens.

I first made these Sims with the intention of making a music video. The song is called 'Walk on the Wild Side' by Lou Reed. They were intended to be the back up singers. I think they have much better use as the 3 queens of Niua Simoa. LOL

So, without further ado, may I present the 3 queens.

Hope you enjoy the pix. One or two have captions.
Screenshots

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#358 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 2:27 PM
Duncan that is hilarious and awesome and I love hearing what people build out of the world! Thanks so much for sharing that!

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
#359 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 10:50 AM
Does it work properly with 1.3.6? o:
Awesome world btw ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#360 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 9:45 PM
Sunlit Tides?
Test Subject
#361 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 10:54 PM
I wish i could play it I mean i downloaded it but everytime i want to play it, it crashes on me. I have WA, AM, and LN so im guessing it crashes because i dont have gernerations? Or is it playable without it...
Instructor
THANKS POST
#362 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 8:11 AM
I have been using this world fine since SN, but I have all the EP's so not sure if it will run without Gen.
Test Subject
#363 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 4:28 AM
Ha! I downloaded your map and played it a bit

And I must say that I like it. Even if I have foud some "minor details" to it, it´s a fun place to be, and adds some environment not present in any map up to generations. What I liked the most, maybe, was the crappy stuff. For example, the library, and the gym. They are not fancy at all, they are not big at all, but are always crowded. Then, there is this bunch of small and burnt-looking houses. Hell, it looks like the volcano exploded on them all. Also you put some low life sims in there.
If I may add some feedback, I found quite difficult to find a suitable starter house. I had to make my first house from scratch, and yes, there is plenty of lots to choose, but most of them are tiny. I also found a 64x64 lot and I said "YEAH! Lot of room to build!" but then it was worth 80 thousand simoleons. I mean 80.000!!! And every surrounding lot was also quite really expensive. So I picked some tiny lot somewhere around the stadium.
To let you know, there are some houses in the main town, they are three or four identical, all with a lot of beds in the third floor; any of them has lights. Not a single candle :P
I got to hate Henry II, from your townsmen. I happened to add another of my families to the game, so my newly created evil mastermind could marry this beautiful sim of mine, but this Henry II guy took the lead. So I waited for this ugly guy to throw a party, and seduced this lady in front of his eyes, and went for a baby with his wife in his own bed (Who's boss now? :P)

Ok, so that's the report up to now. No big problems with the map. Having a good time, and saving for that big expensive lot.

Thanks for this map! And keep up the good work!
Field Researcher
#364 Old 1st May 2013 at 11:40 PM Last edited by fullsheet : 2nd May 2013 at 2:13 AM.
! C:\Users\-----\Downloads\MTS_kiwi_tea_1111431_NiuaSimoa.part1.rar: CRC failed in Niua Simoa.Sims3Pack. The file is corrupt.

Downloaded part 1 again. Seems to be a saving problem with firefox.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#365 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 3:55 PM
I know that technically this is not an MTS file, but I just tried the last LN/GEN etc. version of Niua Simoa - actually just to see how I could upgrade my old version which I still love too dearly - and noticed that no matter how often I load it, none of the active Sims have a plumbob. I removed all mods and still no dice. Is this done on purpose or some weird error with Niua Simoa?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#366 Old 5th Jun 2013 at 5:12 PM
I haven't had that problem, not sure what could be causing it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#367 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 6:15 AM
Gorgeous world!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#368 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 7:33 PM
Love having a world with different EPs taking part.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#369 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 4:16 PM
Thank you KarinL for the re=explanation of renaming the extraction. It finally worked. Phew!

Wonderful world! Thank you, kiwi_tea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#370 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 5:36 PM
Great Work Thank you :)
Test Subject
#371 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 8:44 PM
can i download this without sims 3 world adventures?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#372 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 1:18 AM
love this world going to revisit. would love to see an updated version.
Test Subject
#373 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 1:02 AM
I just started playing Sims3 (I know, late to the game...) and this is the first world I've tried to download. I'm having trouble getting the first pack to download, it gets to 100% then asks me to insert a disk. Is this file corrupt? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#374 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 1:43 PM
I download this world a several times
gut i can´t install it :-(
it tells me i have to install the newest Softwareupdates
Test Subject
#375 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 10:46 AM
Fix Please. It Starts THE SIMS 3 LAUNCHER And NEVER Installs.
Page 15 of 16