Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 3:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
CAS character is loading along with hair and makeup, but not the clothes
I noticed that if I go into Stylist Mode or Create-A-Sim I can edit my sims face, and give them hair. But I can't see his clothes or his traits, and I don't know why that is. I don't have any mods installed that effect CAS so I'm confused. I've also had the same cc since the game was working, so there's nothing new to ruin the game. If anyone can help, that'd be amazing!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 6:00 AM
It sounds like you are, intentionally or otherwise, in Change Appearance (usually accessed through a mirror). Not in CAS. Did you use testingcheatsenabled, shift-click to get there or some other means?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
It sounds like you are, intentionally or otherwise, in Change Appearance (usually accessed through a mirror). Not in CAS. Did you use testingcheatsenabled, shift-click to get there or some other means?

I used the mirror, I used the cheat, I went to the salon, and I even used nraas and none of them work.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 11:42 PM
To be more specific then, Change Appearance is intended to be hair and makeup only. You can't reach clothes from Change Appearance on mirrors or any other way in which it might be accessed. Plan Outfit, the one on dressers, provides the interface for clothes. Full CAS and MC's Stylist are supposed to provide both.

So staying with MasterController instead of in-game actions on a sim,
NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Advanced > Edit in CAS or
NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Stylist

Still no clothes interface? What happens if you try this again on a test run of the game with only NRaas mods, no others, in play?

Have you tried clearing the five cache files on the top level of your TS3 user game folder in Documents? What patch level is your game on and what kind of install is this (Origin, retail discs, Steam, from some other source)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 10:08 PM
To be more specific then, Change Appearance is intended to be hair and makeup only. You can't reach clothes from Change Appearance on mirrors or any other way in which it might be accessed. Plan Outfit, the one on dressers, provides the interface for clothes. Full CAS and MC's Stylist are supposed to provide both.

So staying with MasterController instead of in-game actions on a sim,
NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Advanced > Edit in CAS or
NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Stylist

Still no clothes interface? What happens if you try this again on a test run of the game with only NRaas mods, no others, in play?

Have you tried clearing the five cache files on the top level of your TS3 user game folder in Documents? What patch level is your game on and what kind of install is this (Origin, retail discs, Steam, from some other source)?

I tried it on the test run, and it took 2 hours to load but it did work. I'm using origin, and the patch number is 1.69.43.024017. I didn't clear out the cache though
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 11:27 PM
It took 2 hours for CAS or MC's Stylist to load? I mean, by default and if not running on a Solid State Drive (SSD) there can certainly be delays in the CAS catalog lists building each time but that sounds really excessive. Do you have a lot of CC?

Does NRaas > MC > Settings > CAS > Show in Compact Form:Clothes > True help at all?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 2:35 AM
It took 2 hours for CAS or MC's Stylist to load? I mean, by default and if not running on a Solid State Drive (SSD) there can certainly be delays in the CAS catalog lists building each time but that sounds really excessive. Do you have a lot of CC?

Does NRaas > MC > Settings > CAS > Show in Compact Form:Clothes > True help at all?

I only have 10 cc for each age, but compact helped. Maybe its just my laptop degrading badly lol. Gameplay is pretty much static most of the time, i guess I need a new pc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 3:34 AM
Grasping at a straw here because I know nothing about your system (you can provide specs if you like), but how much RAM do you have and how much is use by the game itself and totally in use as can be seen through the Task Manager at a time when you would typically go into CAS/Stylist?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 5:48 AM
Grasping at a straw here because I know nothing about your system (you can provide specs if you like), but how much RAM do you have and how much is use by the game itself and totally in use as can be seen through the Task Manager at a time when you would typically go into CAS/Stylist?

ok hopefully the pictures are in order. The first one is my specs ( i think), the second is task manager when the game is just running, the 3rd is while i'm in CAS
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 6:03 AM
Your 8 GB of RAM should be fine. But what I cannot see from those small Task Manager portions is how much of it is being used by other processes (or the reverse, how much is available for use). If you have a web browser or another heavy program going at the same time as the game, for example, together with Windows it could be running away with so much RAM that the game is not getting what it really needs. The 1.14 GB of usage the game is showing in the third pic is really low for a game session that is already running, but that will depend on the world in question, how far it's evolved, and other variables.

Your processor is in the U-series, which means ultra-low power and would be considered barely strong enough to carry the base game. It is designed to conserve energy and battery usage. The problem with U-series processors is that they "want" to go into low power consumption mode whenever they can, whereas the game requires constant ramp-ups of CPU power that they aren't really meant to sustain. Over time they do not tend to age well and they are not meant for gaming, so possibly this is contributing whereas things might have worked better prior. If you do not have a dedicated graphics card on this system, then the processor and RAM would be expected to carry more than their share of the weight and things can tend to jam up.

I guess none of this really definitively answers the question as to what's happening here, but it does seem that your system is not happy with all that it is being expected to run.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 6:08 AM
Your 8 GB of RAM should be fine. But what I cannot see from those small Task Manager portions is how much of it is being used by other processes (or the reverse, how much is available for use). If you have a web browser or another heavy program going at the same time as the game, for example, together with Windows it could be running away with so much RAM that the game is not getting what it really needs. The 1.14 GB of usage the game is showing in the third pic is really low for a game session that is already running, but that will depend on the world in question, how far it's evolved, and other variables.

Your processor is in the U-series, which means ultra-low power and would be considered barely strong enough to carry the base game. It is designed to conserve energy and battery usage. The problem with U-series processors is that they "want" to go into low power consumption mode whenever they can, whereas the game requires constant ramp-ups of CPU power that they aren't really meant to sustain. Over time they do not tend to age well and they are not meant for gaming, so possibly this is contributing whereas things might have worked better prior. If you do not have a dedicated graphics card on this system, then the processor and RAM would be expected to carry more than their share of the weight and things can tend to jam up.

I guess none of this really definitively answers the question as to what's happening here, but it does seem that your system is not happy with all that it is being expected to run.

yeah, I have an ASUS notebook, so i'm not expecting much. I took out my expansion packs, and deleted the featured items folder and things seem to be running smoother, but gameplay is still choppy. I guess I should give up until I have an actual PC
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 6:10 AM
Thank you for the help! So sorry I wasn't able to give clear answers
Mad Poster
#13 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 6:15 AM
You're welcome, only wish I had better news to report. Those low power processors scare me when it comes to gaming, they are typically fine for web surfing, video streaming, and light office/student type tasks. I would hate to suggest ways to pull more processing power out of one for fear of shortening its usable life considerably.

TS2 would probably run well on it though, if that's any consolation.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 7:19 AM
You're welcome, only wish I had better news to report. Those low power processors scare me when it comes to gaming, they are typically fine for web surfing, video streaming, and light office/student type tasks. I would hate to suggest ways to pull more processing power out of one for fear of shortening its usable life considerably.

TS2 would probably run well on it though, if that's any consolation.

Yeah the sims 2 is running near perfect! Just need to know how to ply the game since many things are different and it has A LOT of content