Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 11:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default installation instructions for Squinge's LTW reduced mod?
the mod that i'm talking about is this: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,94247.0.html
>LTWReducedEP8.zip

i may just be dumb but where do you put the contents of the download? does "WantTuning.package" go in downloads or the core files? and where does "Woohoo.package" go? i can't seem to find the instructions, not even in the mod description itself. please help
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 11:44 PM
This is the file path for Ultimate Collection for me:

1. Go to Local Disk (C
2. Click on Program Files 86x
3. Click on Origin Games and then The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
4. Find the "Fun With Pets" folder, open it and go to "SP9" folder.
5. Open that and inside you'll see a TSData folder.
6. Open the TSData and inside there you will see the Res folder.
7. Open the Res Folder.
8. Inside the Res folder, you'll find a folder called "Wants" - you put them in there.

I don't know if it's similar for those with the disks but this is the way it was for me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
This is the file path for Ultimate Collection for me:

1. Go to Local Disk (C
2. Click on Program Files 86x
3. Click on Origin Games and then The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
4. Find the "Fun With Pets" folder, open it and go to "SP9" folder.
5. Open that and inside you'll see a TSData folder.
6. Open the TSData and inside there you will see the Res folder.
7. Open the Res Folder.
8. Inside the Res folder, you'll find a folder called "Wants" - you put them in there.

I don't know if it's similar for those with the disks but this is the way it was for me.

do you override the Wants folder's contents with both the wants tuning package and woohoo package or just the wants tuning?
Scholar
#4 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 11:56 PM
You keep the Wants package and the WantTrees package in there. Don't get rid of them. I didn't have a Want Tuning or WooHoo file in there until I got this Mod. I just simply placed the Want Tuning and WooHoo files in there. You should have Wants, WantTrees, Want Tuning & WooHoo.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 3:19 AM
I do have a WantTuning in all my EP's folder...before I do anything with them.
So I'd say, if you do have one too,back it up by renaming it before moving the mod's one in. So you have the original WantTuning.package if you need it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
You keep the Wants package and the WantTrees package in there. Don't get rid of them. I didn't have a Want Tuning or WooHoo file in there until I got this Mod. I just simply placed the Want Tuning and WooHoo files in there. You should have Wants, WantTrees, Want Tuning & WooHoo.

thank you so much. everything is working properly so far. :-)