Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 6:28 PM
Default Guests should not be allowed to leave to Leave Reactions on this site.
I have a guest stalker on here and they just follow me around the forums to leave a disagree reactions. I am sure it is the same person because I get a disagree on anything I post even when the comment was not even a disagree or agree type comment. Why I think this is the same person every time is because when I post anything and watch the post for a reply it always say 2 people view me and a guest user. Right after I get a disagree the guest user is gone. I find it rather annoying, but since you can't do anything about an annoying guest user trolling you I kind of just try ignoring it.

Not sure how others feel about guests being able to leave reactions, but me personally, I did not find it a problem and actually kind of found it fair until this where I realized guest users can abuse this little perk just to be annoying.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 3:00 PM
But what other ways could the guests communicate?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
But what other ways could the guests communicate?

Fair point, they could make an account though. I don't know really, I don't have a huge issue with it, but seen that there is a way some could abuse it and not use it right.
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 5:37 PM
Guests can leave Agrees or Disagrees? This is the first I've heard. How are they tracked? IP Address?
How I feel about it? I am not sure tbh. As long as bots can't abuse this system and leave a lot of Agrees and Disagrees I guess it's ok. I mean I can't really tell anyway who left the agree or disagree so I guess it doesn't matter.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 5:44 PM
Since the only people (person? I don't know if any of the admins can see it) who can see WHO clicked the buttons is Delphy/Tashiketh - how do you know it's a guest?

Besides that, there are people who make it a point - probably the highlight of their day - to click disagree on posts just to do it. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 6:42 AM
But wait...doesn't "guest" just mean they haven't signed in? In which case they CAN'T even see the response buttong.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Besides that, there are people who make it a point - probably the highlight of their day - to click disagree on posts just to do it. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Like me. Must clicky clicky dem red buttons!

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry