Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 11:38 AM Last edited by Primavera : 18th Mar 2019 at 4:18 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Buy <unnammed wantable object category 10112>
So this is something that just popped up in my gameplay tonight (I've backed up my game earlier tonight before this occurred). Most of my sims that are Fortune sims get this blank want worth +500 Aspiration points that and I can't make it go away unless something else is fulfilled (though it comes back sometimes). I don't think I've encountered this before and I don't know if it's a regular glitch or a neighborhood corruption one. I know as of late I've been moving in a lot of sim families to fill my uberhood and give them quick kids and skills through Sim Blender, so I'm not sure if this is related to that. Only way this truly goes away is if I switch their Aspirations. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it!

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 2:09 PM
No idea what's causing the problem but 10112 is hex 0x2780 which is the want category of Ceiling Fans, a Mansion & Garden want.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 5:31 PM
I think it's because you might have a mod that affects the want tree and was released before Mansion & Garden, because I have seen the same thing happen in my game when playing with older mods that changed the LifeTimeWants.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 5:47 PM
According to Google, a lot of people have had this bug. The search results that I'm finding seem to indicate that a LTW mod is usually responsible. Do you have anything like that in your game? Is it up to date?

EDIT: Ninja'd by Gryning.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 6:46 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 11th Mar 2019 at 7:26 PM.
So I opened Squinge's NewLTWEnabledEP8
and went to check into the Want Turning.package.
You can see that the last entry is playground equipment, so AL...and there is no 10112 for M&G.
Can I just add the missing line at the end?
I am wondering what would I put in for PrimaryIcon though. Where is the info on these category icons?
I found the info. I'll try this.
100113 is Green Energy. Probably this one is missing as well, I know I saw some unnammed wantable object category 10113 myself.
I added this line as well.
Now, this is hard to test, as I only have one Fortune sim, and it is his secondary aspiration. Turns out, his family is the one I am playing this rotation, so finger crossed.
Let's hope he rolls the wants.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 7:52 PM
I've had the same issue for a long time now. I can't tell whether it's been responsible for neighbourhood corruption, because although I've had a lot of corruption in my last few hoods (including one that took less than ten rotations from start to BFBVFS!), the blame was laid mostly on McAfee.

I think the only LTW-changing mods I have are the SimBlender and the Batbox (or does InTeen enable it, too? I can't remember). I don't have the Batbox on every lot, but I could try keeping an eye out and seeing if the problem and the Batbox routinely occur together. Pretty much every household has the Blender, so if it arises without the Box, the Blender would be my next suspect.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 8:41 PM
So adding to the Want Turning.package is not enough, and this is the only mod I have. Next would be to go play in the Wants.package, but I do not know enough to even try, I'll ruin something.
Though it was a want to buy a Green Energy item, I bought it and that want went away.
Screenshots

Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 8:49 PM
Sorry guys I fell asleep shortly after I posted this but @Rosebine I do have the New LTW's by Squinge installed. Looks like I had this installed for a while but it just now popped up. Maybe if I take it out the problem will go away?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 8:56 PM
It should yes But then, you won't have these new LTW memories.
I am more interested in fixing /updating it than removing it. But hey! I is no modder.

Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 9:03 PM Last edited by Primavera : 11th Mar 2019 at 9:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
It should yes But then, you won't have these new LTW memories.
I am more interested in fixing /updating it than removing it. But hey! I is no modder.

Oh man I'm gonna have to start all over again then, some of my sims have memories of getting promotions and went ultra-platinum with the new LTW's . Though it's not so bad because I forgot to add in some things and this will give me a chance to start over. I'll open my game later on to remove the mod and want tuner. If this doesn't fix it, it may be the SimBlender even though I've had that installed from the beginning. Though if this want truly isn't corrupted I may just have to learn to live with it

And @RoxEllen1965 I do have Squinge's New LTW's and had it for a while and never experienced this until I was playing fast and loose with adding in my townies and playable townies and editing their info with the Simblender (giving them children, changing their personalities, giving them jobs). I'm gonna see if removing the mod will help.

EDIT: I was going through this thread and it looks like the EP8 version of the New LTW's wasn't updated for M&G since it adds 6 new items to the catalog. I don't have any modding experience so I can't see if I can try to update it myself.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 9:32 PM
This is exactly what it is : not updated for M&G.

Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 9:38 PM
This is exactly what it is : not updated for M&G.

Sorry for repeating info already known, can you tell I just woke up . But since it's not a sign of corruption as other versions of the LTW mod experienced the same thing, I can learn to live with it. Maybe I ring midgethetree and ask if she can update it.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#13 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 12:01 AM
That'd be great if she could!

Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 12:15 AM
That'd be great if she could!

I sent her a message on her tumblr about it. I'm just glad it's not anything bad, thanks for your help Rosebine, I owe you one !

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Scholar
#15 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 3:41 AM
Sorry to hijack the thread! I have Squinge's "LTWReduced&NewLTWEP8" so I'm guessing that's why I also have these unnamed wants? Darn it, I love the reduced LTWs!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Sorry to hijack the thread! I have Squinge's "LTWReduced&NewLTWEP8" so I'm guessing that's why I also have these unnamed wants? Darn it, I love the reduced LTWs!!

Midge answered me back; she said we should use Pescado's mod instead (mod here). I'll wait before I do anything because I don't know if I can switch them out without breaking something, but at least it seems like Pescado's version fixes the blank want thing afaik.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#17 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 10:12 AM
backup your hoods and try playing with Pescado's mod instead of Squinge's mod. That way if anything does go wrong, you can always restore from a backup neighborhood.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 1:46 PM
I stopped using the Pescado Mod because it seemed to need the LS careers. It kept giving my sims broken LTWs. Maybe I was using it wrongly?
Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 2:14 PM
I am personally scared of switching to Pescado's. I'll live with the unnammed wants, since anyway, I know now what they are. Until a real modder aka : not me, saves the day, if ever.

Scholar
#20 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 2:16 PM
Pescado's doesn't reduce LTW which is what I really liked with Squinge's. Not a fan of broken/incomplete LS careers either.. I guess I'll keep Squinge's mod, the blank wants don't bother me that much. :P
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 2:45 PM
This is what I get with Pescado's uni_ltws_sns mod:

Either it's bugged by something else I have in my downloads folder, or else it's mandatory to have the Stories careers (which i don't want). I was using Squinge's New Lifetime Wants EP8 mod instead, as I felt the unnammed wantable was less damaging than broken LTWs.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#22 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 3:26 PM
I am personally scared of switching to Pescado's. I'll live with the unnammed wants, since anyway, I know now what they are. Until a real modder aka : not me, saves the day, if ever.

You don't consider Pescado a real modder?

His mod works fine for me and it is optional to have the LS careers.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 4:17 PM
Oh I do consider him as a real modder. Both sentences weren't related. I do not want the crap we have no clue about, that could hide in his mod.
I'd prefer an updated version of Squinge mod.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 4:25 PM
@Charity Do you not get the broken wants that I have? Maybe something else I have conflicts with it.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 5:45 PM
I dont have the LS careers and have never gotten those LTWs even with pescado's mod, and I don't think you're supposed to. Also, as far as "extra stuff hiding", this mod is pretty much what-you-see-is-what-you-get - actually, it has fewer unnecessary resources than squinge's (which from a quick glance appeared to contain an entire wants.package with every single want in game, rather than just the resources for the LTWs it enables).

As for reduced LTWs, having both mods and making pescado's mod load last likely will do the trick.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Page 1 of 2