Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 1:12 PM
Default Parrots/Hawks/Falcons/Etc
I've been trying to find out which pet bird is the best to use for my heroes, but I can't even find a list of all of them, let alone statistics. I've decided to start this thread so people can discuss what birds they've got, where did they get them from, what sort of treasure they bring back, and which is the one they feel is the best, both gameplay-wise and looks-wise.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 11:45 AM
Well, I don't know about anyone else but I'm having strange issues with the birds. In the inventory they come up as looking like a pair of pants (well in my eyes thats what they look like) and there is only the choice of a Parrot or Hawk...I'm not sure if this is correct or not. I would like to see feedback regarding other peoples experiences of the birds.

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 12:26 PM
Apparently the best hawk you can have is the mechanical one that the smith does.
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 7:02 PM
The image for the birds in the inventory isn't an icon of what the bird looks like, it's a image of the whistle that you use to call them. I don't like this since you don't know what they look like until you buy them once. I have tried treasure hunting with the mechanical parrot (not hawk?) and he did not bring back near as many map pieces as the black parrot. Seemed that way anyway. My hawks only seems to being back turnips and other 'snacks'. I don't find the hawks as fun to have as the parrots because putting the map pieces together is more fun than being brought food and my black parrot tends to bring back tons of gold.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenFrog76
In the inventory they come up as looking like a pair of pants (well in my eyes thats what they look like) and there is only the choice of a Parrot or Hawk...I'm not sure if this is correct or not.

The thing you have in the inventory is a bird whistle, you call the birds to the hero with it. Each type of bird has a different whistle. In the beginning there is only one parrot and one falcon, the others become available as time goes by, acquiring them through quests, or by finding them someway. Or you can use my mod, at the place in my sig, to make all 11 birds buyable right away, if you just want to see them all and mess around with them.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 7:20 PM
I color code my sims alot. My spy blue, my knight red, ect. I just match the birds with their color... My knight has the black parrot and my spy has the blue falcon. And I am using Simrods thing, it works excellently.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 1:56 PM
The skeletal parrot is a pretty cool bird, it brings treasure and isnt afraid of anything.

To get it you need little bones, a mystical metal fragment, mysterial mortar and mana stones.

Or you can use Shimrod mod.
Instructor
#8 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 5:23 PM
I love the idea of a mechanical bird...so want one of those! I still think the whistle looks like a pair of pants...haha!

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenFrog76
...In the inventory they come up as looking like a pair of pants (well in my eyes thats what they look like)

ROFLMAO! To me they look like a pair of rolled-up tube socks in the inventory so I thought what the..?

Birds! I just got P&N so I haven't played enough of them yet. The red-tailed hawk kept bringing my physician food items like pigeons and rabbits. I think I'll give him to the Peteran priest or to the bard. My monarch has a rainbow macaw and he brought him a fragment of a "holy treasure map"... hmm, wonder what else she'll bring?