Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
I know I can force a thief but that's just not fair... I want my sims to be robbed the honest way!

Sibalena
- Haha. You crack me up. I don't think your sims need to be rich to be robbed. Make sure you don't have an alarm system. Try placing your TV or stereo near the door and see if that tempts them.

GiveTheNineARide -great scenario for a story
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 8:33 PM
A sim can be very poor and get robbed. I speak from experience.My legacy founder was just sarting out and the burglar came and stole her stove.

I remember reading a long time ago that in sims 2 the burglars came more often when the outside of the house wasn't well-lit/had no lights at all. I don't know if this applies to TS3 aswell, but you could give it a try.
Test Subject
#28 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
They come from, I think, 11PM to 2AM, as long as every sim in the house is asleep.

Don't be silly. Sims are never asleep at 11PM to 2AM. That's the time they are all skilling up, or watering their Money Trees!

This explains why the burglar never appears in my sim homes. At least one sim is always awake in those wee hours.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 8:57 AM
Seriously? You realize Threadcromancy is bad, right?
#30 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LoonehWannabe

He's preparing himself for Late Night.
Test Subject
#31 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 3:37 PM
I've been robbed only once. The burglar somehow teleported to my car, stole it, then teleported off.
Inventor
#32 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 4:37 PM
I play all the time. I've played all three games. The most that I ever had a burglar in Sims 1 was maybe three or four times. I never had a burglar in Sims 2. No, really, I never did. In Sims 3, I just had my first burglar after two years of playing.

Sometimes, they just aren't common. =/

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Test Subject
#33 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 5:41 PM
I'm not really sure what causes a bugular to come, but I use have a Sim who was living by himself in a small cabin, but had a few expensive objects in it. His house was always robbed, almost seemed like once every week someone would try to rob the house. Even though they were always caught due to the bugular alarm, they just kept coming! Quite annoying really...
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoonehWannabe
(on 30th Jul 2010)

The thread refuses to die!

I think we may have to cut off its head, burn it, and then scatter the ashes all around the world.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 2:08 AM
I've realized that most commonly, my poor sims that can't even afford to finish their houses, let alone an alarm, get robbed the most .
Mad Poster
#36 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 2:15 AM
I only got sims in Sims 3 robbed once, in that city area, in a kind of motel housing. I believe burglars only arise if everybody is asleep in a family. Before that I thought you maybe needed to make a sim a burglar first, and then not play them.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Test Subject
#37 Old 1st May 2012 at 6:02 AM
Tips for a BURGLAR house!

I don't do comics and books for a hobby, I do them for fun.
A user will post when he/she wants to.
Nothing is normal in my family, Not even in games.
Test Subject
#38 Old 1st May 2012 at 6:12 AM
Tips for a BURGLAR house! :cylon: :cylon: :cylon:
1. Don't own a alarm in less you want a little action
2. Own stuff that is higher then 100/200 dollars
3. Keep all your doors unlocked allways
4. All lights must be off at night
5. Buy a big house
6. Sims must be away from their house
7. Live far away from the police station
8. Sims must have the unlucky trait
That is all for now...

I don't do comics and books for a hobby, I do them for fun.
A user will post when he/she wants to.
Nothing is normal in my family, Not even in games.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 1st May 2012 at 7:40 AM
I get burglars all the time, what I don't EVER get is a freak drowning. I know they exist, but none of my sims have ever drowned. With burglars I think it depends on if you have someone in the criminal career close by. This is probably not a fact, but it seems like that in my game. lol I get hit with a burglar like every 6 to 12 sims weeks it seems.
Test Subject
#40 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 2:05 PM
I know this is Threadcromancy, but- my sims get robbed it seems like EVERY OTHER DAY. I have this glitch where burglars are spawned more than the 2 pre-made ones already in the city. (Appaloosa Plains).

I have object-deleted them all. Ahh, I hate burglars so that fix has relieved me. Hehe!
Mad Poster
#41 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 3:13 PM
well, there's also a mod for more frequent burglars:

a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 11:08 PM
At SimAsylum there's a mod for no burglar chance (http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...nce/?hl=burglar) You have to register but they have some fantastic stuff.

On a side note, we may have to get the vampire remedies out; this tread has been necroed four separate times!
Test Subject
#43 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 1:41 AM
I play TS3 everyday and I've never gotten a burglar at my house and I've had it ever since TS3 came out. All of my families are wealthy because I play them until they get wealthy, because tbh, it gets boring with a wealthy family. I never have my sims in the criminal career, heck, I stopped putting the alarms in my house!!! I don't want to use the cheats to make one come, I want them to come on there own... I don't have large families either, usually a 4 max until i find a mod on here or on a different site that youtubers use to have more then 8 people, it could be the fact that they dont go asleep till like 4 AM but even on my extremely wealthy families that go to sleep before 11, yes all are asleep between 11 and 2, I don't get robbed. It's really weird and I would like to get the moodlet that sims get once getting robbed...
Test Subject
#44 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cookieflower
You obviously didn't play enough!
Overall... gosh I wouldn't know how many burglaries I've had. Generally once, sometimes twice in a sim's lifetime.

I've played Sims 2 for 4 years and I've only ever had 1 burglar come. And that was with one of the premade Sims in Belladonna Cove.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amberland
The thread refuses to die!

I think we may have to cut off its head, burn it, and then scatter the ashes all around the world.

Oh God please say our mod/admin team have at least one exorcist amongst them.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#46 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Oh God please say our mod/admin team have at least one exorcist amongst them.
Well, I'm no exorcist at any rate. Could never get the hang of the chicken work. I do have some chains, though. Can tie the thread up real good and bury it. As we all know it will come back at some point, but it's probably a century till then.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Locked thread | Locked by: Buzzler Reason: Rest well this time
Page 2 of 2