Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 7:55 PM Last edited by zirrush : 16th Sep 2011 at 5:13 PM. Reason: added info
Default UPDATE: Redeem Code Content Unlocker (unlocks all content via redeem code)
Hey guys, so after fiddling around with Shimrod's P&N Unlocker I decided to try a different route with this mod. I ran into a problem with the mod causing strange issues. I couldn't start new games, quit, or return to the main menu. I had used a Limited Edition redeem code prior to installing this mod and it seams to have conflicted with it. So, opened up S3PE and looking over how the Unlocks.xml worked. Seen that "LimitedEdition" was the group for the content. Using Shimrod's idea, I changed all the unlocks to the LimitedEdition group. Gave this a test run, and voila... redeem code unlocked all the content. Find this to be a bit easier and less trouble for unlocking the content sooner or unlocking it if you've already passed up the watcher level. As long as you haven't used your limited edition redeem code yet, this works no problem just installing the mod and plugging your redeem code in : )

UPDATE 9/13/11: If by chance you have already entered your redeem code... this is what I did to re-enter it and cue the unlocks:

at "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Saves "
Backup\Rename the file "gcd.package" (ie. gcd.package.old)
Run the game, re-enter your Limited Edition redeem code, enjoy all content unlocked

Note: You can delete the backup of gcd.package if you'd like once you see that things are running fine for you. Haven't looked at gcd.package closely to see if it stores anything other than your unlocks (fyi, ach.package is your achievements). But I haven't noticed anything being out of the ordinary after using this method. None the less, until there's more feedback from users I'd suggest keeping the backup. Was also curious as to wether you can just directly mod the gcd.package to have everything unlocked without having to do anything in game.

Quick run down of what this mod does:

Modified Unlocks.xml, it changes the conditions for unlocking content. This mod does not make it so you can unlock special content differently, it simply labels all your unlock content as being special content. Consider it an additional perk for snagging Limited Edition. Normally unlocked as you progress the game, this will make it so you can unlock everything using your limited edition redeem code. Do not ask for or trade redeem codes, as that is not allowed on these forums.

I give all credit to Shimrod for such a great idea : )
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  RedeemCodeUnlocks.zip (4.8 KB, 3866 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 2.0.1113
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 11:36 PM
Yeah...I already used my Limited Edition code, and now this doesn't work.
Instructor
#3 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 12:25 AM
I'm going to keep it around in case I ever have to re-install my game, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 9:56 PM
I used the old 'level the watcher' mod to unlock the items but at the time it was said it would not unlock the P&N items. Now, your saying your mod does unlock P&N items as long as I find a limited edition code online to type in after installing your mod?
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 10:37 PM
Thanks. With the new gcd, it's perfect.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 11:27 PM
Zanarkin
Quote:
I used the old 'level the watcher' mod to unlock the items but at the time it was said it would not unlock the P&N items. Now, your saying your mod does unlock P&N items as long as I find a limited edition code online to type in after installing your mod?

Yes, this will unlock the P&N items assuming you have P&N installed. You may need to do the gcd backup/rename first though. I believe the conflicting problem with modifying the unlocks.xml is from changing the group id of items already unlocked.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 5:46 AM
This works really great. Thanks!
Instructor
#8 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 2:45 PM
works for me, now I get more unlocks then I had before, yay! I feel EA screws us Brits every time we get only half the content the US users seem to get!!!

PS...we pay more for our games too! as all our lazy country do is change the $ to £...rather then convert it properly!

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!