Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#15076 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 9:33 PM
Mhh, I seem to be in the minority here but I actually really enjoy the additional challenge of finding an attractive/fitting partner for my sim around town! That said, I play most of my games in Appaloosa Plains, which has some really attractive sims - one of the reasons it's my favourite neighbourhood. The WA/UL neighbourhoods also have a few nice looking sims. And if all else fails, there's always the option for plastic surgery! :P

And duh, I just noticed the Optional Rules page on the officiall rules blog for the first time... Ah, it's not to late yet, my generation 1 has not died yet =D I was going for the 10+ pet generations and fulfilling every heir's LTW anyway and I still have time for the Hall of Fame thing.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#15077 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 9:37 PM
I guess it's not really cheating per-say, but you do need cheats to do it unless you go get plastic surgery :P

I think this is a good time to mention that I'm actually doing the 10+ pet generations challenge too. I'm not going to do hall of fame, but it looks cool anyway so good luck with that!
Scholar
#15078 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 7:26 AM
Test Subject
#15079 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 10:39 AM
Update 1-3

I probably won't update quite so fast from here on out - warning in advance.
Field Researcher
#15080 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 10:12 PM
Dragging my feet on this update.

Rumor has it...

What a mess Jason has made!
Field Researcher
#15081 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 9:30 PM
I don't think editing townie faces is cheaty, but editing their personalities/LTW would feel cheaty to me.
Field Researcher
#15082 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 1:49 AM
I agree; after seeing the... *odd*... offspring in Twinbrook and even Riverview that come up after a few generations, I usually edit them. In my current legacy save I decided not to edit the riverview citizens at all... most of the normal looking sims originally from the town are either from the Lobos family or have imported/the dreaded vanilla genes mixed in.
Scholar
#15083 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 7:29 AM
I don't think there's a rule against making townies pretty? If there is then it probably needs deleting because nobody follows it lol. I suppose it would be cheaty if you got the richest sim in town, made them the most beautiful too, and then married them in so you had the money and the genes, but you don't tend to know how much money sims have from how they look.

Anyway, last installment of generation 1, and last post before I have a baby
1.14 Babies!
Where there are babies.

I'm in the process of catching up with the blogs I was already up to date with, and then I'll move onto the ones I've not read yet.

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Test Subject
#15084 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 11:23 AM
Update 1-4!
This one's pretty eventful.

I've done my rolls for generation two already, by the way. I'll probably be picking traits for Zachary accordingly, but I'll try and keep it balanced.
Test Subject
#15085 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 1:18 PM
Just a quick question...I'm fairly new at challenges. For this one, do we pick their traits or is it rolled for in CAS/when the child is born? I just couldn't find where it was specified. Thanks!
Test Subject
#15086 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:53 PM
I don't see it specified anywhere either - I've been assuming you just pick whenever you're given the option.
Lab Assistant
#15087 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 5:27 PM
Yes, you can pick them - unless you roll "Random Traits" for the miscellaneous fun category, then you have to randomize them for this generation of course.

@gemly_teddie Duh, that's not true, I do follow this unwritten rule :P
Test Subject
#15088 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 5:50 PM
Oh, one question though - how much meddling are we allowed to do with townie's lives? Obviously we shouldn't do anything cheatsy like make them super rich and then marrying them into the family, or changing all their traits to be exactly what you want, or anything like that, but are we allowed to do smaller things like making them have kids and stuff?

I'm asking because recently I was looking through all the current NPC houses and right now my sims are the only ones I can find that have any kids. Thanks, crappy built in story progression. Zachary has classmates, although I'm not sure where they live. But the bit that especially bothers me is with my rolls for generation two (I'm not sure how much people care but I'm going to drop some spoilers here - I guess if that's something you care about just ignore this)
I rolled to have step-children and no strangers as the misc fun. Normally that'd be totally fine, just find someone with kids, marry them, and dont call for services at all. But I kind of want to start getting into some actual storytelling starting gen two and with the personality I have in mind for my heir - based on the whole no strangers thing - he won't be willing to go out and meet people he doesn't already know, or who aren't friends of the family. So from a story perspective, I'd need to have him marry someone he already knows, but to meet the rolls they'd also need to have their own kids first... and I feel like I'll probably have to meddle a little to make that work out if things keep going the way they're going.

Is that cheating? It's literally just for the sake of meeting my rolls properly and populating the town.
(sorry for going on for so long oops)
Lab Assistant
#15089 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 5:55 PM
Yeah the built in story progression is pretty terrible, so I'd do it if I were you, otherwise you will soon live in a ghost town with only elders running around...
Test Subject
#15090 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 8:36 PM
Alright, thanks. I'll probably go do that later.
Instructor
#15091 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 3:28 AM
@heatherfeather19, do I need to have a Wordpress account to comment on your blog? I've left a few comments and I realized today they're not showing up. :o

Anyhoo, I have an update:
2.3. Panopticon

Now to try to catch up on some stories. I'm behind, as always. XD

Lab Assistant
#15092 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 3:07 PM
I have an update too, slowly catching up to where I am in the actual game (about 4 chapters ahead or so).

1.9 - Troublesome teenage

I was asked about download links last time, I will do it this weekend!
Scholar
#15093 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 8:46 AM
I have another update, 1.5
Lab Assistant
#15094 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:24 PM
When I said I'll do the update and download links on the weekend, I obviously just misspelled tuesday/wednesday!
Can anyone here give me an invite code for simfileshare.net? That'd be awesome, thanks!
Field Researcher
#15095 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:12 PM
I'll PM you one Nocriel, and if anyone else needs one, let me know

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Field Researcher
#15096 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by owl_face
@heatherfeather19, do I need to have a Wordpress account to comment on your blog? I've left a few comments and I realized today they're not showing up. :o

Thanks for telling me! I didn't even realize because I'm still getting used to Wordpress' system. Apparently your comments just needed to be moderated since they're not made with a Wordpress account. Going in to approve them now! Also, this is going to force me to stop just lurking on your blog, lol!
Instructor
#15097 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:45 AM
Ah, okay! Thanks for letting me know! And don't worry--you can continue to lurk if you want. (: No obligation to do otherwise.

So I've already played up to an important life event in my save for the Bees! Now I just need to get my butt in gear and start writing.

(btw I have spring fever--all I wanna do right now is go outside and garden and stuff, so writing may fall to the wayside for a couple of weeks)

Lab Assistant
#15098 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 11:16 AM
Phew, it feels like forever since I last updated! Admittedly, LoZ:Breath of the Wild is dominating my gaming time. But even though I haven't been playing the legacy, I'm still so very far behind on the screenshots... Just to give you an idea - the pictures for this chapter were taken in October >_>;

Gen 7 Ch 4: Only the Beginning
Field Researcher
#15099 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 4:59 PM
Is simfile where people upload their sims now? I've never heard of it.
Lab Assistant
#15100 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 5:08 PM
@owl_face Important life event hmmm?? Possibly a favorite heir's pregnancy, mayhaps?

Call me Mud, if you like.
Page 604 of 676