Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lance
I can't stand those with very thin, long legs. Unfortunately, I live in a cold climate, so there are no tarantulas, which I actually like, but plenty of those I am afraid of.

Soo i dont mind the thin legged one, i usually pick them up and pull there legss of -Evil laughter-
Advertisement
Banned
#27 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 5:17 PM
iibeccax, when I was going to nature in summer, I always pick someone like you with me...

Why did nobody mention dentists? I thought that one was quite a popular fear
Theorist
#28 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 7:09 PM
Water. I can cope with swimming pools during the day, but anything deeper and wider is a no. And all water looks particularly menacing at night. The thought of being in the middle of the ocean in the dark terrifies me. All that water around you and underneath you and it looking pitch black. I used to have nightmares in which I was drowning, but they've subsided recently. I can actually swim, but I'm not a particularly strong swimmer, and if someone pushed me into a pool I wouldn't automatically start swimming, I'd panic, so that doesn't really comfort me. I believe I know what started this phobia though

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Theorist
#29 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 9:02 PM
It may or may not be a phobia, but I really can't psych myself into to seeing someone's limb, neck, or spine break. A video called Pool Jump Back Break Fail recently appeared on a site I visit. Of course an app now blocking it blocking it is NoScript, which intercepts it and prevents it from showing until it unless it is clicked and temporarily allowed. I had once broken my wrist and turned my forearm into an S. Anyway, NoScript means no worries of even seeing the first frame.

I also am uneasy at the sight of blood. I can tolerate seeing it, but when I do I think I can taste the blood in my throat.
Scholar
#30 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
I also am uneasy at the sight of blood. I can tolerate seeing it, but when I do I think I can taste the blood in my throat.

Ah! I forgot about that one. I'm not scared of the sight of blood, but thinking about blood vessels tends to freak me out, or it used to, but I still have the subconscious reactions I used to have, including when I get my blood drawn. I know, I know, it's kind of strange that I want to be a doctor if I get dizzy and nauseous every time someone sticks a needle in my arm, but I've actually gotten over the nausea and faintness I used to feel when I thought about the cardiovascular system and I've even done dissections where I had to find major arteries and veins and I didn't freak out when I did. It's just this weird reaction that I have left over where, for example, last time I had blood drawn, I turned white as a sheet, felt extreme nausea and dizziness and was moments away from passing out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 1:33 PM
haha Blood is fine with me, and needles, but if a needle comes near my skin im out of there, Im such a freak since i want tattoos when im older, im such a freak haha and im not bothered about dentists aslong as no needles are goign to be shoved in my mouth
Field Researcher
#32 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iibeccax
and im not bothered about dentists aslong as no needles are goign to be shoved in my mouth

Someone obviously never had any major work done on their teeth. I've heard horror stories from my bebraced friends of huge needles used to administer anaesthetic.

One S, two As.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 4:53 PM
Rats and Mice: Especially the idea of them either biting me or crawling in my pants.

Falling: Its not the heights. I am afraid its falling that scares me which I think is often accompanied with those who fear heights.

Vomit: I wouldn't say I fear but if there is a vomiting scene on tv or movie I can't watch

Losing my teeth: Call me vain but yeah I fear this lots and dream it lots. I am aware it's one of the most common dreams out there.

I noticed many, both guys and gals here are afraid of spiders. I grew up near a greenbelt so I am used to spiders and insects. In my old workplace I may as well of been the exterminator .

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people!
Theorist
#34 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 6:35 PM
I used to be terrified of dogs. They still make me really uncomfortable, but I'm not as frightened as I was when I was a child. I think that might be because I was shorter then and the dogs seemed a lot bigger! I'd say that phobia was a completely irrational one as I never had a traumatic encounter with a dog, whereas my brother was bitten once and loves them! The dog phobia is one I've always had, although it's less of a phobia now, but the water phobia had a trigger so I don't know if I'd call it irrational, exactly. I suppose it must be though, seeing as I can swim now, whereas at the time the traumatic incident with water occured I couldn't.

Are all your phobias ones that have had causes/triggers or have you had them for as long as you can remember?

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Mad Poster
#35 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoeberg
Are all your phobias ones that have had causes/triggers or have you had them for as long as you can remember?
I only really recently realised a potential reason for having a phobia of being sick.

Last time I was sick was about ten years ago on a school camping trip which was undoubtedly the worst holiday of my life. My friend had agonising period pain and passed out so her parents came and collected her. I was sick so wouldn't eat anything and was really homesick because of this but wasn't allowed to leave. Then one of the girls from our school stabbed another one. So I think I've associated my being sick with that awful trip.

As for the agoraphobia, that stems from the emetophobia as it's worse when I'm around people.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 8:06 PM
A little bit of blood doesn't bother me but alot of blood does.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by unalisaa
Someone obviously never had any major work done on their teeth. I've heard horror stories from my bebraced friends of huge needles used to administer anaesthetic.

Noo i keep my teeth good
Theorist
#38 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by unalisaa

I've had braces for 7 seven years, had about 3 teeth pulled (baby teeth not falling out) and have to get an implant when I'm 18. I don't think the needles are that huge, whenever I got my teeth pulled the needle was the size of normal shot one. For the surgery where I had to be unconscious it wasn't much bigger. Braces are lovely aren't they?

Hi I'm Paul!
Inventor
#39 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 1:20 AM
I love needles. I'm not sure why, like not the ones to shoot up drugs lol, but getting blood tests done it fascinates me. I like seeing all the blood squirt into a little tube. xD

*off topic*
Forum Resident
#40 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rectos Dominos
Losing my teeth: Call me vain but yeah I fear this lots and dream it lots. I am aware it's one of the most common dreams out there.

Yeah I have those dreams ALOT and it freaks the hell out of me! I'm petrified of dentists too, and I can never sit still in the chair, whether it's a drill in my mouth or just a ordinary check up. Even when it's in the waiting room, I get all shaky and start to breath very heavy.

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 9:34 AM
I to have didaskaleinophobia. I read your site you created Becca. Most the of the things that were said described me when I was younger. I hated going to school, I do not feel comfortable staying at friends houses they have to stay with me ect. What else.....Arachnophobia err is Boyaphobia a real phobia? Heh, I'm straight yes but I'm afraid of guys. Does that make sense? o.o
Scholar
#42 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OctoberDreams
What else.....Arachnophobia err is Boyaphobia a real phobia? Heh, I'm straight yes but I'm afraid of guys. Does that make sense? o.o

There is androphobia (fear of men), but this is usually an extreme aversion to men. It is possible to be straight and to have it, but it often means that one wouldn't be able to tolerate the presence of a man.
Test Subject
#43 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 12:57 PM
spiders im not just scared im terrified of them
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OctoberDreams
I to have didaskaleinophobia. I read your site you created Becca. Most the of the things that were said described me when I was younger. I hated going to school, I do not feel comfortable staying at friends houses they have to stay with me ect. What else.....Arachnophobia err is Boyaphobia a real phobia? Heh, I'm straight yes but I'm afraid of guys. Does that make sense? o.o

im so glad my site helped you
Mad Poster
#45 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 4:20 PM
many, many phobias
personal contact with people which extends to phone and even email, social anxiety, bugs and spiders, especially roaches, grasshoppers, and stick bugs
frogs and lizards and, of course, snakes, germs. I also have agoraphobia as well. A fear of people dying suddenly, just finding them dead, you know. I have a pathological fear of having a messy house, having to keep boxes and important paper that tend to become clutter and thus are easily hoarded. I have a phobia about going somewhere (don't do at all if possible) and seeing someone I know. I don't like to be looked at or look in the mirror. I have a lot more I'm just not thinking of right now.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Banned
#46 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 4:35 PM
Smorbie... really? O.O
Field Researcher
#47 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 10:36 PM
Bugs. I also have a fear of people, but I'm scared of being alone. Also, I hate when I have panic attacks, so I guess I could say that I'm afraid of having another one.
Test Subject
#48 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 6:02 PM
I have Aichmophobia.. I know it probably sounds ridiculous to most normal people.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rubberdukiey
I have Aichmophobia.. I know it probably sounds ridiculous to most normal people.
Doesn't sound ridiculous to me. Being scared of sharp objects is more logical than a lot of other phobias
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 6:53 PM
Though I wouldn't call them phobias, the following do freak me out:

(1) Clowns. Evil, evil beings.

(2) Insects (spiders included).

(3) Costumed characters (specifically, mascots).

(4) Chipped or cracked paint.

(5) Suds (or soap foam).

(6) Vomit. I cannot be around those who are prone to motion sickness and I refuse to watch movies with scenes of vomiting, dry heaving or gagging.

(7) Ice. The sound of people taking ice out of the ice tray drives me bananas .

(8) Tags (the ones found on your sheets, pillows, the back of your shirts). Since I could remember, I've always hated tags. I'm not sure why, though.

(9) Hospitals and their minions (doctors, nurses, sick people, dentists, etc).

(10) Brain aneurysms.
Page 2 of 13