Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#3076 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 5:26 AM
Has anyone asked or gotten an answer on if crime or the burglar will make a return to the game?

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Advertisement
Scholar
#3077 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
Oh I think they will be added...in an EP

I dunno, man. I'm just getting a feeling that EA won't bother in the end. Sure, they might give vague hints about putting them in an EP in the future but I think they'll take the lazy way out and just never go through with it. Adding more animations and clothes and interactions that come with a new life stage is too much effort. This was the company that never bothered giving babies more animations besides occasionally blinking to reassure the player they were alive, and the developers had wanted to do more with them.

Pools aren't as difficult to include. It would mainly be swimming animations.
Alchemist
#3078 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
I dunno, man. I'm just getting a feeling that EA won't bother in the end. Sure, they might give vague hints about putting them in an EP in the future but I think they'll take the lazy way out and just never go through with it. Adding more animations and clothes and interactions that come with a new life stage is too much effort. This was the company that never bothered giving babies more animations besides occasionally blinking to reassure the player they were alive, and the developers had wanted to do more with them.

Pools aren't as difficult to include. It would mainly be swimming animations.

Or... they will save them for the last EP.
Alchemist
#3079 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
Has anyone asked or gotten an answer on if crime or the burglar will make a return to the game?

I'm sure some SimGuru will tell us that "burglary just doesn't fit the direction we're taking this game."

Yeah, like off a cliff.
Lab Assistant
#3080 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
I'm sure some SimGuru will tell us that "burglary just doesn't fit the direction we're taking this game."

Yeah, like off a cliff.

Ha! I snorted.

(The fact that I do that regularly when I laugh is completely irrelevant. Hush.)
Alchemist
#3081 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 6:07 AM

Yeah, like off a cliff.

And after that cliff,
Scholar
#3082 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Or... they will save them for the last EP.

Which will then be followed by several dozen threads of people whining how they won't have enough time to play them before Sims 5, because there can only be one sims game at once.

*gazes into crystal ball*

Only it turns out Sims 5 won't ever be made. Sims 4 will crash and burn. This board will be abandoned and look like the setting of The Last Of Us. Nature will grow back and bitchy threads that used to span thousands of pages will rot under weeds. Only a few trolls will lurk, whining about how CASt was too difficult to use.

Sims 1, 2 and 3 become more popular. The amount of mods and CC grow by 500% each months. Demand can't meet supply and the severs on ModTheSims become overloaded. Roaming blackouts plague the website. Soon only one game can be supported. Wars break out between the different series. Sims 1 is taken down easily, the only people that like it are hipsters with nostalgia shades shielding them from the truth. The battle for the site being dedicated to only Sims 2 and Sims 3 lasts for years. Thousands perish/delete their accounts. In the end, Sims 2 wins because of the OMGWTFBBQ, hailed by most as the greatest mod in anything since ever. ModTheSims2 becomes a nightmarish dictatorship. The survivors are forced into slavery, either being forced to either work on buildings, mods, patches, clothing, furniture, etc. They're children are forced to fight to deaths in arena battles. Not sure how the Hunger Games got involved, but I'm going with it.

Guru Graham will be hunted down and promptly sacrificed to the gods of Kickstarter by several angry fans, hoping they'll be blessed with a indie life simulator. The only one is buggy and has hideous graphics, because it's an indie studio being supported by fans sending $5, what can you expect? The life simulator genre remains stagnant.

So thanks a lot, Sims 4. You ruined us all.
Scholar
#3083 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 6:29 AM
Meanwhile, showed "new" "gameplay" trailer to the bf. For what I believe to be the first time in my life, I was forced to say the words:

"No, it is not a game about luchadores."
Lab Assistant
#3084 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 6:42 AM
But now, we can put usable objects in attics!!
That's good news, right? Right??

PS: good thing about being French, I'm going to have a good look at the US Amazon reviews on release date. Did that for that Simcity thing/disaster/debacle, and it was a doozy!
Forum Resident
#3085 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Meanwhile, showed "new" "gameplay" trailer to the bf. For what I believe to be the first time in my life, I was forced to say the words:

"No, it is not a game about luchadores."

But, but... weirder stories! We must want that, because that's what the EA powers-that-be have decreed we want, and they're always right. We're constantly lying to them.

Bad, bad simmers!
Forum Resident
#3086 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 6:56 AM

Yeah, like off a cliff.

The burglar will be deco.
Mad Poster
#3087 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Which will then be followed by several dozen threads of people whining how they won't have enough time to play them before Sims 5, because there can only be one sims game at once.

*gazes into crystal ball*

Only it turns out Sims 5 won't ever be made. Sims 4 will crash and burn. This board will be abandoned and look like the setting of The Last Of Us. Nature will grow back and bitchy threads that used to span thousands of pages will rot under weeds. Only a few trolls will lurk, whining about how CASt was too difficult to use.

Sims 1, 2 and 3 become more popular. The amount of mods and CC grow by 500% each months. Demand can't meet supply and the severs on ModTheSims become overloaded. Roaming blackouts plague the website. Soon only one game can be supported. Wars break out between the different series. Sims 1 is taken down easily, the only people that like it are hipsters with nostalgia shades shielding them from the truth. The battle for the site being dedicated to only Sims 2 and Sims 3 lasts for years. Thousands perish/delete their accounts. In the end, Sims 2 wins because of the OMGWTFBBQ, hailed by most as the greatest mod in anything since ever. ModTheSims2 becomes a nightmarish dictatorship. The survivors are forced into slavery, either being forced to either work on buildings, mods, patches, clothing, furniture, etc. They're children are forced to fight to deaths in arena battles. Not sure how the Hunger Games got involved, but I'm going with it.

Guru Graham will be hunted down and promptly sacrificed to the gods of Kickstarter by several angry fans, hoping they'll be blessed with a indie life simulator. The only one is buggy and has hideous graphics, because it's an indie studio being supported by fans sending $5, what can you expect? The life simulator genre remains stagnant.

So thanks a lot, Sims 4. You ruined us all.

That was probably the most amazing thing I've ever read....this would normally be the part where I propose but I think I've already made the mistake of thinking of you were a woman before....
Instructor
#3088 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 7:28 AM Last edited by MrsNervousSubject : 29th Jun 2014 at 7:49 AM.
Any other game and the devs would be falling over themselves to list off all the features that are guaranteed to sell us on the game.
Instead we get buzzwords, SimGuruRyan and... Intuifun. I mean, the game releases in a little over two months and we basically know next to nothing about it... yet they want me to shell out $90?
The Shade is strong in this one.

Also, I'm sorry but that baby looks like a potato and I'm someone who LOVES babies, both inside and outside of games.

Edit: P.S - Are we going to get a Live Broadcast or something because *WINK WINK, NUDGE NUDGE* that might do some good 'round about now.
Mad Poster
#3089 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 7:53 AM
It'll probably end up like the first 2 Into the Future broadcasts - buggy and broken.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#3090 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 8:00 AM
Someone already said they had no plans for live broadcasts yet, but that may have been referring to post-launch. Considering Grant can't even post screen shots, and all that's been stripped from the game, I am morbidly curious to see gameplay at this point.
Instructor
#3091 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 8:11 AM
*collapses onto ground of page 125* I-I made it.... To the end of the topic!(for now..)

I wasn't sure... If I'd ever make it. Every time I went to sleep or work, or hell even the bathroom, twenty new pages would be up. But I'm here... now... at the end 0__0

And there's about the same amount of new info since E3 (and a bunch of "no", "no", "no","no","no" answers via twitter)

I don't watch tv, so can anyone say if there has been any tv spots ran on the game yet, anywhere? Is it too early for that? What about online ads? Just curious if/how they're trying to build hype (aside from like the fb page), 'cause I'm just sort of 'meh' to it all now :-/
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3092 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
@ssoggysimss There isn't a "poor" area per se, more like middle class on up. Sims traditionally shies away from the difficulties of life; I personally think it's a theme that would be really interesting to explore.

I replied to point out to him that in TS1 and TS2 there were premade poor sims living in trailers, and many of us enjoyed playing them.

Does anyone think it would be a good idea if, before EA recruits a colleague to a position where they will have input into the game design, they were required to spend a month playing previous versions of the game, as well as reading archives of posts players made about those games? That way they'd really get a feel for what long-time players understand the game to be, what they might be missing about the old games, and in a better position to answer questions about why things changed in the design of a later game.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#3093 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I replied to point out to him that in TS1 and TS2 there were premade poor sims living in trailers, and many of us enjoyed playing them.

Does anyone think it would be a good idea if, before EA recruits a colleague to a position where they will have input into the game design, they were required to spend a month playing previous versions of the game, as well as reading archives of posts players made about those games? That way they'd really get a feel for what long-time players understand the game to be, what they might be missing about the old games, and in a better position to answer questions about why things changed in the design of a later game.

Excellent idea. I have no idea why they don't have just a little of that in place, anyway, even if not a month, at least something.
Mad Poster
#3094 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 8:23 AM
That's right Inge, set it straight. Loved playing the Newbies, Hicks, and the Broke families as poor and struggling. Didn't play every household as the Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#3095 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 8:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimGuruGraham
@ssoggysimss There isn't a "poor" area per se, more like middle class on up. Sims traditionally shies away from the difficulties of life; I personally think it's a theme that would be really interesting to explore.

That is... completely stupid. Your Sims can get jobs. They earn Simoleons. They have to pay bills. You cannot escape the reality of money and its affects in the game, so why on earth would they shy away from the "difficulties of life"? And why would you shy away from being poor but not shy away from, you know, Sims dying? This just in: dealing with death is difficult.

I knew that CASt being taken away was going to fuck with my gameplay, because none of my trashy trailer park denizens would be able to go around in head-to-toe leopard print. I didn't expect Willow Creek to have a trailer park, but why does the town have to be middle class and upwards?

I thought that the mentions of "homeless Sims" would have fit my town perfectly, but I have a feeling they aren't homeless - just townies with no actual home.
Top Secret Researcher
#3096 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 8:34 AM
Mmhmm, there sure was. And there's an entire trailer park in Riverview.

Field Researcher
#3097 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 8:37 AM
We should send some mails to the heads at EA. Because maybe if we spam them they will delay TS4 (one can dream, right right!!?)
Lab Assistant
#3098 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 8:41 AM
"Sims traditionally shies away from the difficulties of life"?!
Um no, it was just swept under the rug with TS3 where your sims would never have fears and could get rich by selling rocks and flowers.
I swear, the more the SimGurus spew shit out of their mouths on twitter, the more I want to cancel my preorder.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3099 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsTias
We should send some mails to the heads at EA. Because maybe if we spam them they will delay TS4 (one can dream, right right!!?)

But I don't want it delayed. I am sure they will add toddlers. What we should be petitioning instead of a delay is to have the toddlers added in a free patch rather than an EP.

Quote: Originally posted by intransitmatt
the more the SimGurus spew shit out of their mouths on twitter, the more I want to cancel my preorder.

I think it's probably genuine lack of knowledge about the essence of past games. You have to immerse in it to understand - reading a potted theorised history is probably all most of them get time to do. Graham I believe joined at the TS3 stage, and may not have ever had first hand experience of earlier games. Certainly not TS1, which was the darkest of all, even the humor was kind of dark (eg clown, mark shark)

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#3100 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 9:16 AM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 29th Jun 2014 at 10:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruAzure
"Yay multitasking!"

Yay for stuff that was included in TS2, taken out of TS3, and reintroduced in TS4 and passed off as "brand new"! What, did you guys honestly think we wouldn't notice? Did you guys just pretend TS1 and TS2 didn't happen and the series began with The Sims 3: Ballsack Shores Life?
Quote: Originally posted by anifromid2
They've said all along that S4 would be for the "casual gamer", that was their focus. But.... the casual gamer (cg) and the serious simmer (ss) both buy Sims 3 at the same time. A few months down the road, ss buys world adventures, and cg picks up the latest harvest moon game for his nintendo. Next trip to the store, cg gets the latest diablo installment, ss buys late night. CG buys a WII game, ss buys a couple stuff packs, cg gets plants vs zombies, ss gets supernatural.... etc, etc. SS supports the modding community, and buys from the Store, while cg has never logged into any of those sites.

Well, I consider myself a "Serious Simmer" (been playing since 2000) and I know there's not a chance in the coldest pits of Hades that I'll buy any expansion packs, whatsoever.
Locked thread
Page 124 of 920