Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#226 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 12:50 PM
Hi, I was wondering if there is any modders out there that would like to help me out. I followed
this tutorial and made my first table the texture etc was rubbish but I dont mind.

Anyways my problem is I have aspergers syndrome and I find it hard to navigate around the forums
so please if im posting in the wrong place just let me know as I get confused.

What I am trying to find is more beginners tutorials on other objects as I need to be taught new things for awhile
before I can learn to do it myself. So I've completed the table tutorial but would like to find
a tutorial for a chair, bed, kitchen units etc.

If anyone would like to take me under their wing and help me out (as I need a bit more than most) I
would greatly appreciate the help.

P.s JWoods Thanks you very much for the tutorial all proud of myself for making my first object :D
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#227 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 9:53 PM
There are not other tutorials as clear and detailed as the table one. The table tutorial is intended to make people understand how to create a new object; and then the creators are supposed to follow again the tutorial, but this time changing the object (a chair, etc...)

Try, it not difficult

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#228 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 10:53 PM Last edited by Flamemaster : 23rd Apr 2007 at 12:27 AM.
Thanks a lot! I'm getting started in object creating, and I spent hours (literally) looking for a good tutorial. Now I can finally get started!

EDIT: I made a wooden bench using a tutorial, here it is:
Test Subject
#229 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 11:29 PM
Default Trial version questions
1) Is it as I suspect? Are Milkshape 3D and Adobe Photoshop the best tools by popular aclaim?
2) Don't the trial versions of: Milkshape 3D, Ultimate Unwrap & Adobe Photoshop CS2 all expire in time?
3) Isn't there a free scaled down version of Photoshop called 'Elements' that could be applied to this sort of thing?

If these questions sound hopelessly uninformed, it's only because I am. But I've promised a couple of nice people, that after intensive study and much practice, I intend to eventually make at least a modest contribution to the body work at this fine site. And I always keep my promises. Thus, with patience, you will find me a willing and eager student.

I'm only laughing on the outside
My smile is just skin deep
If you could see inside, I'm really crying
You might join me for a weep
Part-time Hermit
#230 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 8:20 AM
What is the best tool for anything is highly subjective.

Milkshape is probably the most versatile meshing program for TS2 considering that it can be used for all kinds of meshes from simple objects to body meshes with the plugins that are available. There are other, much more expensive programs that probably are better in general, but for TS2 meshing Milkshape is usually good enough, and cheap.

Photoshop is probably the most powerful paint program there is out there, but that doesn't mean it's necessary for TS2 modding. There are plenty of other programs that are cheaper or free and can do most of the texturing you'd ever need to do for the game. I personally use Paint Shop Pro 7 and it does pretty much everything I need it to do. Gimp is also used by many. Photoshop Elements is probably also very useful for TS2 texturing, but I've never used it myself, so I can't comment on the details.

I'm not familiar with Ultimate Unwrap, but Milkshape and Photoshop trials will expire in a month, yes. Milkshape only costs $25.
Test Subject
#231 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 11:28 AM
Thanx for the info IB. Also thanks for taking the time to actually read the whole thing and respond to the entire post. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to take the time to compose a question that addresses all of my concerns of the moment, and have only a selected part of it be answered. Even if you don't know the answer, you lose no face by admitting that. But then again thoughtfulness and consideration may be endemic to this particular section of the gamming community.

I'm only laughing on the outside
My smile is just skin deep
If you could see inside, I'm really crying
You might join me for a weep
Test Subject
#232 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 5:35 AM
Hey can Google's Sketchup be used for any 3D modeling to create objects?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#233 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 8:07 AM
I didn't know about Google Sketchup, thanks for the heads up.

I've installed the free version of SketchUp 5 and I've tested it. It looks an interesting tool, but unfortunately it can't be used to create Sims2 meshes. This is because the free version can export the mesh only in Sketchup proprietary format (.skp) or in Google Earth format (.kmz). It seems that the PRO version (pay) is capable of importing and exporting in .OBJ and other formats compatible with SimPE, but not the free version.

If you are looking for a good free 3D editor, I suggest Wings3D; it's not as complete as Milkshape, but at least it's absolutely freeware.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#234 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 1:21 AM
Tutorials in french ?!?
Hi simmers i try hard to understand every thing but my english is not verry good at all So if you know tutorials in french i will be please to know it

If you can help me for translation it's fine too !

Tank's a lot

Azanie

*Special note to the webmasters: Tank's for your good work, this site is a dream come true for the reals simmers :lovestruc
The ModFather
retired moderator
#235 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 2:45 AM
This tutorial has a french version:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=104795

If you want to start with something simpler, the Recolouring Tutorial is in English, but is *full* of easy understandable pictures

Test Subject
#236 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 7:19 PM
hi basixally im completely new to the whole creating stuff thing where do u thiink is a gd place 2 start?
thx URBANB1TCH
The ModFather
retired moderator
#237 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 12:29 AM
Start HERE: those info will guide you in your first steps

Mad Poster
#238 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 5:32 AM
Hi All !
okay..i read all this thread..lol

I am very glad to hear that my favorite 3D program can be used to create objects for the sims2 !!!

I use Anim8or...but i thought this program was only saving in anim8tor format, so .an8

how can i get what i have done already, or futur projects, to work in the game ?
sorry...i am new to this game...i used to create alot for sims one, using this program too...but sims 2, i have it only since August 3rd !

oh...and how come, the rugs don't show up to be cloned, in SimPE wisard ?
and, why it says, for some objects, if it is not for all of them, this object cannot be cloned yet ?

Thank you !

Rosemary

i speack french....but the tutorials(sims one) i have written are in english...lol
À bientôt ! :P
Test Subject
#239 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 10:59 PM
I have been away from this for so long I have almost forgot how to do everything but I did create a new mesh, have my uvmap done and finished the texturing, now I am ready to put my package together. Here is where the problem arises I forgot where everything needs to be changed it the package file to make it my own.

Is there a TUTORIAL out there for what all has to be changed in the file? I remember a long time ago when JWoods helped me with some patio furniture and he said that while he was looking at my package he changed the parts in it so as it would be my mesh and not what I had cloned from.

I am doing a front washer and dryer and I have a few items in mind to clone them from but was wondering if anyone else has what would be the best object to use.
Test Subject
#240 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 2:50 AM
Oh tank's i will try soon as possible. I really want to create my first object for my sims so tank's again. Hope i will be back soon to show what i've done
Mad Poster
#241 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 12:02 AM
Hi ! where i can find the Milkshape 3D plugin, that you were talking about......for meshing-sims?
I have Milkshape 3D version 1.7.0

Rosemary :0)
The ModFather
retired moderator
#242 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 10:53 PM Last edited by Numenor : 4th Sep 2007 at 7:10 PM.
If you are talking about the plugin used to create mesh for clothings, hair etc, then it's the Unimesh by Wes_h.

Mad Poster
#243 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 1:35 PM
Thank you Numenor...but this link is for staff members only...

The ModFather
retired moderator
#244 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 7:10 PM
Oops! Here is the correct link .

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=122399

Mad Poster
#245 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 11:46 PM
Thank you again Numenor !!! :0)

now, I have a BIG 30 days trial with MilkShape 3D 1.8.1b

I hope my experience in meshing the sims one will help !!!

Test Subject
#246 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 4:09 PM
Default Object help Please
Call me a dunce if you want, but how can i turn my objects into the diagonal position instead of the normal snap to grid possition.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#247 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by huntress65
Call me a dunce if you want, but how can i turn my objects into the diagonal position instead of the normal snap to grid possition.

Sorry for the delay...

Read about the "allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation" cheat HERE.

Test Subject
#248 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 8:27 PM
look, is there something simpler? since my brother isn't old enough(dad told him to be at least 12 and he's 9) and he wants me to tell him, is there like a crash course a 9 year old would understand?

That's why you never see it coming. That's why you never see the lies behind those eyes...
Test Subject
#249 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 8:37 PM
just tell me how to create a mesh already.

That's why you never see it coming. That's why you never see the lies behind those eyes...
Test Subject
#250 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 10:40 PM
i really wanna make my own sims clothes and hair and stuff, but i dont like the idea of downloading 2 much stuff. is the stuff u have put up there safe to download? it doesnt have viruses or anything? do i really need to download most of the above inorder to create sims stuff??? thanks in advance x
Page 10 of 12