Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 1:38 AM
Default Weird lighting showing up on object
Hi All,

I have just made my first object so pretty new to this all, my problem is that i have this weird lighting showing up in game.
would love if someone could please help. thank you
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 1:31 AM
anyone???????
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 11:22 AM
Have you checked the specular layer?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 7:06 PM
Did you create new Normal and Specular textures as well as the Diffuse one? And what program are you using?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd May 2018 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Did you create new Normal and Specular textures as well as the Diffuse one? And what program are you using?

Hi yes, created all the maps normal, spec & difuse, even played around with the brightness & contrast on the spec map to no avail
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2018 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Terminathan
Have you checked the specular layer?

yes and even played around with the brightness & contrast, but no luck
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd May 2018 at 3:22 AM
Default Why are the colors different
Hi All,

I have created a free standing sink & a counter (end table). the problem is that I have used the same settings and patterns for each but they shop up in game as different colors. (even made sure spec map brightness & contrast was exactly the same). if anyone knows why it does that, that would be amazing to let me know.

thanks
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd May 2018 at 9:05 PM
Check to see what shaders they are using. If they are different then it will change what the colours look like in the game. Counters have their own specific shaders for this reason so that light casts across them without seams. The sink probably has a shader that makes the object look brighter and shinier.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd May 2018 at 5:49 AM
Check to see what shaders they are using. If they are different then it will change what the colours look like in the game. Counters have their own specific shaders for this reason so that light casts across them without seams. The sink probably has a shader that makes the object look brighter and shinier.

Thank you, how do I go about changing the shaders, I am new to this all. Is it a good idea to change them??
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd May 2018 at 11:54 AM
I only know how to do it with Sims 4 Studio. It can be a good idea to change them if they are making your object look weird. It won't affect how the object works, just how it looks.

Go to the Warehouse tab and look for the Model LOD and Model entries on the left. You only want to make these changes to the ones that show up in the preview window with a black and white check pattern. If they look solid grey then ignore them as they are for the shadows.
For the Model LOD click on the Data tab at the top of the right window and click the Edit Items button next to Meshes. There will be two or more entries in here. They will be listed with their shader names on the left. Any that say Dropshadow can be ignored.
Scroll down the right until you see where it says Material then just below that, Entries, then click the Edit Items button.
This window shows every colour design there is for your object and a burnt version as well. At the bottom of the right hand side you can see where the shader is listed. This is usually Phong or PhongAlpha for regular objects. Some object have their own special shaders such as counters. This is where you can check what shader your object is using. If you want to change it you will need to do so for EVERY entry in the list on the left. Then click save until you get back to the main studio window.
You also need to do the same thing for the Model resource but to get there is slightly different.
Click on the Model resource, click the Data tab if it isn't already selected and then find Lods in the list on the rght and click the Edit Items button.
In the new window, ignore any entries that have shadow in their name. Click on the others to find which ones have a Meshes entry and then click on the Edit Items button again. It should now look familiar from the previous steps so just find Entries and click on Edit Items to get to the list of your designs and what shaders they are using. Make the same changes here, if any, that you did before and then keep clicking save to get back to the main studio window.
Now you should be able to save your packages and test if any changes you made had the effect you wanted.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#11 Old 3rd May 2018 at 10:05 PM Last edited by AdonisPluto : 4th May 2018 at 6:19 AM.
Which of the free standing sink did you Clone. I kind of feel that it may not be the shader because the shader of the free standing sinks are already included in the mesh shader. If you don't mind, can you share the package file for someone to take a look at it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:25 PM
I only know how to do it with Sims 4 Studio. It can be a good idea to change them if they are making your object look weird. It won't affect how the object works, just how it looks.

Go to the Warehouse tab and look for the Model LOD and Model entries on the left. You only want to make these changes to the ones that show up in the preview window with a black and white check pattern. If they look solid grey then ignore them as they are for the shadows.
For the Model LOD click on the Data tab at the top of the right window and click the Edit Items button next to Meshes. There will be two or more entries in here. They will be listed with their shader names on the left. Any that say Dropshadow can be ignored.
Scroll down the right until you see where it says Material then just below that, Entries, then click the Edit Items button.
This window shows every colour design there is for your object and a burnt version as well. At the bottom of the right hand side you can see where the shader is listed. This is usually Phong or PhongAlpha for regular objects. Some object have their own special shaders such as counters. This is where you can check what shader your object is using. If you want to change it you will need to do so for EVERY entry in the list on the left. Then click save until you get back to the main studio window.
You also need to do the same thing for the Model resource but to get there is slightly different.
Click on the Model resource, click the Data tab if it isn't already selected and then find Lods in the list on the rght and click the Edit Items button.
In the new window, ignore any entries that have shadow in their name. Click on the others to find which ones have a Meshes entry and then click on the Edit Items button again. It should now look familiar from the previous steps so just find Entries and click on Edit Items to get to the list of your designs and what shaders they are using. Make the same changes here, if any, that you did before and then keep clicking save to get back to the main studio window.
Now you should be able to save your packages and test if any changes you made had the effect you wanted.

Sorry for the wall of text.

thank you, so so much it worked and looks so much better, cant thank you enough
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
Which of the free standing sink did you Clone. I kind of feel that it may not be the shader because the shader of the free standing sinks are already included in the mesh shader. If you don't mind, can you share the package file for someone to take a look at it.

thank you, it was the shaders,
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#14 Old 4th May 2018 at 1:37 PM
I think this question gets asked about once a month doesn't it? Did a search no return any results?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th May 2018 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I think this question gets asked about once a month doesn't it? Did a search no return any results?

Actually a search didn't return any results, that's why I asked the question. I usually try to research everything first before asking for help.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#16 Old 5th May 2018 at 3:07 PM
I believe you. I never get much joy from forum searches anywhere even when I can clearly remember seeing previously what I was searching for!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)