Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

One More Slot Please! (with vertical shifting) [Update 2 Nov 2011]

by granthes Posted 16th Dec 2010 at 7:27 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2012 at 5:37 PM by granthes : Updated link to Tipsy OMSP

407 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 192 Feedback Posts, 214 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 17
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#126 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:45 PM
I love this mod, it's done so much in the way of storytelling and decorating <3 I am excited about being able to play pets but don't want to mess anything up by taking this mod out until it is updated. Will it do anything to my saved games if I take OMSP out but don't play the saves until I place the updated copy in? Also, do you have a rough estimate as to when it should be updated? thanks a lot for your help!
Instructor
Original Poster
#127 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Calvin435
I love this mod, it's done so much in the way of storytelling and decorating <3 I am excited about being able to play pets but don't want to mess anything up by taking this mod out until it is updated. Will it do anything to my saved games if I take OMSP out but don't play the saves until I place the updated copy in? Also, do you have a rough estimate as to when it should be updated? thanks a lot for your help!

If you don't play the saved games that have the OMSP in it, it should be safe.

I expect to upload the fixed version sometime in the next 24 hours. All of this stuff with pets update came at a really bad time and I'm scrambling to get things updated.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 3:04 AM
Thank you for updating it!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator THANKS POST
#129 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 4:47 AM
I have to say that this is one of the major things I have been waiting for to install Pets, even though I got in Tuesday morning. Now everything is just about complete. Thank you for being speedy in getting this done. Don't know that I could live without my OMSPs!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 10:01 AM
thank you so much for updating, grant! <3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#131 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 5:50 PM
Thank you, thank you for updating!! This is the one thing I couldn't live without!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#132 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 1:08 PM
This is the best,thanks for the update and making it in the first place!
Test Subject
#133 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 6:01 PM
I agree with all above completely. Thank you SO much for updating this, I was going crazy without it :D
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#134 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 8:44 PM
Safe to use on a non-pets-patched game?
Test Subject
#135 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 2:57 AM
I don´t want to update my sims yet D: What can I do? I need this for 1.24 D:
Instructor
Original Poster
#136 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Janis_05
I don´t want to update my sims yet D: What can I do? I need this for 1.24 D:

I'll re-upload the pre 1.26 version later in the weekend. I hadn't realized I had deleted it when I uploaded the patched version.

Inventor
THANKS POST
#137 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 2:46 PM
Thank you for the update!
Field Researcher
#138 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 1:36 PM
Hi, I just downloaded the newest version of the OMSP and I'm testing it in game right now... I'm having a few problems with it, though: when I place an object on the vertically shifted OMSP and then try to move it, the only thing that moves is the OMSP, while the objects I put on it stays in its place (although "shifted"). Same happens if I place an object on the OMSP and then try to shift it vertically: the OMSP goes up, but the object stays on the floor, although somehow still linked to the OMSP. If I delete the OMSP, in fact, the object is deleted too. Anything I can do?
Test Subject
#139 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 6:27 PM
OK.. First of all... I love this mod.

But I'm having a small issue... and am wondering if its ME...
So far I have used OMSP to place objects on my kitchen counters in PROPER locations.... But when I save and close the game then reload it a few hours ( a day, whatever) later the OMSP is still there... But the OBJECT I placed on it is gone. O_o;
I end up re-doing everything only to save... close... and have it happen again by the time my game loads.

Is this.. normal..? Or is this item only meant to be used for photography and not actual game play?

Or is it possible I have some kind of conflict? Any feedback at all is really appreciated. Thanks for your time.

(And thank you, thank you, thank you for updating it!!)
Instructor
Original Poster
#140 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 6:56 PM
Ha! I don't actually use the OMSP in my game, so there may be issues that have come up since the pets patch.

I'll install it and do some testing and post an update if needed.

Test Subject
#141 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 12:29 AM
That is so awesome.
If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I'm TERRIBLE at coding but... I seriously love this mod and would worship you if it was fixed. <3 :D

Thanks for taking a look. If it's on my end.. I'll... Well.. Kill everything and start over! HAH!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 7:33 PM
It always worked in my game, but after the Update I`m not able to "click" on it and choose the height.... what am I`m doing wrong?
I need help, I`m going crazy without it !
Test Subject
#143 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyOfSorrows
It always worked in my game, but after the Update I`m not able to "click" on it and choose the height.... what am I`m doing wrong?
I need help, I`m going crazy without it !
Ctrl+Shift+Click allows you to click & adjust heights. It this isn't working I say look for a conflict in your mods. o_o;

Click & moving it allows it to be placed. Really like "moveobjects on" cheat for this item.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 3:10 AM
I'm having the same issue as above where, if I put omsp down, and place an object on it, I can move omsp, but the object stays where it is. Is there a way I can fix this? I miss omsp...I was obsessed with it. :P
Instructor
Original Poster
#145 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zombie Chick
I'm having the same issue as above where, if I put omsp down, and place an object on it, I can move omsp, but the object stays where it is. Is there a way I can fix this? I miss omsp...I was obsessed with it. :P

I have a meeting at work tomorrow all day, but in the evening I should be able to get that issue fixed and re-upload it.

Test Subject
#146 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
I have a meeting at work tomorrow all day, but in the evening I should be able to get that issue fixed and re-upload it.

You`re great :D

Quote: Originally posted by Depletion
Ctrl+Shift+Click allows you to click & adjust heights. It this isn't working I say look for a conflict in your mods. o_o;

Click & moving it allows it to be placed. Really like "moveobjects on" cheat for this item.

Ich now, but when I do this, ich can only choose "reset", "delete" and "rebuild".....
Test Subject
#147 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
Resetsim should bring him back to a safe place. If it doesn't bring him back, then the sim's data is probably damaged.

If you have NRaas Master Controller, you could try resetting the world. That will often correct issues that resetsim can't. If that doesn't work, then you probably should go into edit town mode and split the household. Basically move the missing sim out to your sim-bin, then move him back in with the merge family feature.

Hope this helps...

--Grant

Thank you! I finally got him back!

It's better to be insane since "Normal" isn't real and just a vivid illusion. :p
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#148 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 10:26 PM
Im gonna deffinetly use this on my broken coffe tables
Instructor
Original Poster
#149 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 3:49 AM
OK. Sorry for the delay in getting this done.

I've uploaded the two versions of the OMSP. The first one on the downloads page is the one for people who HAVE NOT patched to 1.26 yet.

The second upload is the one for people who have patched or installed Pets.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#150 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 3:59 AM
*Squees* I've been relentlessly following this post. <3 Thank you SO MUCH!

You just made my night. :D
Page 6 of 17