Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pointed ears as CAS sliders

by CmarNYC Posted 14th Oct 2009 at 5:36 PM - Updated 21st Jun 2012 at 9:35 PM by CmarNYC : updated information

278 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 223 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 12
Test Subject
#151 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 6:15 PM
Is there any chance to make it work with ambitions but with the old direction ( Program files etc.. not the new way in the My documents ) I don't have enough space in my disk C: =/

Be kind please, my english sucks.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#152 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 9:50 PM
This works with Ambitions. All CC should work with Ambitions in the old Program Files location if you set everything up correctly in the Ambitions folder. I haven't done it that way myself, though.
Test Subject
#153 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 7:39 PM Last edited by geminia : 7th Jul 2010 at 9:07 PM. Reason: Adding info
Thanks they are awesome. I think i found1/2 minor issues however. I have all EPs/SPsand the latest patch. I do not have other sliders than yours. I do have "no mosaic for ambitions", the book of talent for ambitions, skin and eyes replacements and bigger boobs from sexy sims (no slider just replaces the size when the sim is naked or with some bathing suits)--- this are the only ones that i'm thinking they might be conflicting with this. Since i installed that the jaw depth slider stopped working, and when i click on the tattoo tab or on any tattoo placement button(arm, back etch) the sim does not stop spinning around unless i click on them--i'm not sure if this has to do with your slider since i do have some custom tattos in game)... I will try and test with out the mods i mentioned above, if this is still happening and i'll let you know. It's not serious , not even an annoyance . I barely use the jaw depth slider anyway, but i'd prefer it to work incase i want o make a specific sim.

OK i tested it without any mods at all and still the "jaw depth" slider is not functioning at all.. So it's not a conflict , but maybe you need to move one of the sliders to somewere else. Maybe it has to do with one of the EPs adding extra sliders
The spinning has stopped so it's something else wrong with that and my mods, but deffinately not your slider

"Do what you please and do it now...'cause time won't wait.... The end of all things might be tomorrow.. You never know what's gonna come... Life is yours to live, just live it the best way you can"
Test Subject
#154 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by classicplayer
hi CmarNYC, could you retranslate your ears-sliders in italian language?

let me help you

ears tilted = inclinazione del orecchio
ears pointed = orecchio a punta
ears pointed back = orecchio a punta sul retro

let me know and thanks for your work

Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Hi - I did get your pm, just have been caught up with custom tattoos lately and haven't followed up, sorry. I'll use your translation and update in the next few days.

hi, have you forgot to update ita language for your sliders?

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#155 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by classicplayer
hi, have you forgot to update ita language for your sliders?

Well, not exactly - I looked, and decided the difference in translations is not huge and it doesn't look like the old version is hilariously wrong or unintentionally obscene or something. While two of them seem to be grammatically incorrect they should be understandable. Since it doesn't seem urgent, I don't want to replace the entire package at this time. When I get more translations or do an update I'll include this.
Field Researcher
#156 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:13 PM
The jaw depth slider has stopped working in my game after I downloaded these sliders. I have the base game. Is this a known bug?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#157 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilballa59
The jaw depth slider has stopped working in my game after I downloaded these sliders. I have the base game. Is this a known bug?

If you go beyond the limit on the number of sliders for each section in CAS, this will happen. Please read the Overview for details and where to get mods to fix it.
Test Subject
#158 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 4:00 PM
yay I can now make some of my characters come to life
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 4:30 PM
Thank you so so much! I despratly needed these for a project and was afraid I'd spend forever waiting.
Test Subject
#160 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 11:20 PM
I am new to all this and I tried to download the file but it says that cookies are not found i'm not sure what is causing that but I'm logged in and all is well on my end. except the cookies thing and I have no fire wall to block downloads.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#161 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kitiara33
I am new to all this and I tried to download the file but it says that cookies are not found i'm not sure what is causing that but I'm logged in and all is well on my end. except the cookies thing and I have no fire wall to block downloads.

Maybe you have your browser set to not accept cookies, and the site uses cookies to confirm that you're logged in and allowed to download. In any case, for this problem you should post in the Site Questions and Issues forum: http://linna.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=24
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#162 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer1
Does this work with patch 4.3 (and the respective others?) I've just installed it and I was wondering.

As it says in the overview:

"Are these compatible with XXX?
Unless the basic way the game handles facial sliders changes, there's no reason they wouldn't be compatible.
Test Subject
#163 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 12:10 AM
Thanks so much for this mod. I do have a question however concerning inheriting the trait. I have a father and mother, the father is Elf, the mother is human. (so pointy ears for the dad, non pointy ears for the mother). So far they've had four children and all four have inherited the ears. Was it just my luck or is it the dominant trait?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#164 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Revenwyn
Thanks so much for this mod. I do have a question however concerning inheriting the trait. I have a father and mother, the father is Elf, the mother is human. (so pointy ears for the dad, non pointy ears for the mother). So far they've had four children and all four have inherited the ears. Was it just my luck or is it the dominant trait?

All testing so far has indicated that custom sliders are inherited randomly - that children will inherit either the mother's or father's trait and the chances are 50-50. I'd say it was coincidence. (Unless a patch has changed inheritance rules - always a possibility.)
Test Subject
#165 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 6:19 PM
Thats a Very good Mod!
now can I make "SPOCK"!

Lab Assistant
#166 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 7:17 PM
Will this be updated for Late Night?
Instructor
#167 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 4:01 AM
Thanks so much for this mod CmarNYC; I've tested it in the latest patch 1.17 which is the Late Night patch and it's working and functional. By the way, great job on these sliders!
Instructor
#168 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 5:56 AM
I love this! Can you make a slider to move the tips of the ears in or outward, so we dont have to rotate the whole ear? Would look great for more "fantasy" type elves without the vulcan-ey ears
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#169 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 3:10 AM
It looks amazing, but unfortunately is not showing up in my game. It is in the right place I know(I've played for awhile and I have other content installed). Has there been any issues with this before. Actually, I don't think any body slider mods have worked in my game. Sorry to annoy you and all, just curious:/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#170 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by italianprincess_22
It looks amazing, but unfortunately is not showing up in my game. It is in the right place I know(I've played for awhile and I have other content installed). Has there been any issues with this before. Actually, I don't think any body slider mods have worked in my game. Sorry to annoy you and all, just curious:/

Are you looking in the facial details for the head, the section for ears, where the game ear sliders are? If they don't show up at all in CAS, I really don't know what could cause that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#171 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 4:46 AM
I've always loved this ear slider, every sim i make (except for sims that i make miserable) Have elf ears! Although i doubt you'll continue to work on this mod, it'd be really nice to see longer ears, like Night elfs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#172 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 12:59 AM
Does this work with LN?
Test Subject
#173 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by italianprincess_22

Same with me! I have patch 1.18 and every EP and SP. All my other mods work, but no sliders do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#174 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ilostmypassword
Same with me! I have patch 1.18 and every EP and SP. All my other mods work, but no sliders do.

Strange... what operating system are you using? Where do you have your mods installed? (Old Program Files location or new Documents location) Which sliders have you tried? Do they not show up in CAS at all, or do they show but not work?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#175 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 5:57 PM
I definitely missed my elf ears from 2, and these were one of the first things I got for 3, so thanks a ton for doing this! It's also nice to have them native to the skin, rather than having to try to find a close match like I used to have to do with my previous set up. One request, though, if you're interested in updating/improving the mod... make an option to rotate the tips BACK rather than just out? I'd love to have thin, swept back elf ears, and the "points back" seems to make them very wide in the process.
Page 7 of 12