Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XCAS core mod: more tattoo locations, edit naked outfit, slider hack, body hair, more - update 5/23/16 Steam version added.

by CmarNYC Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 5:58 PM - Updated 23rd May 2016 at 3:53 PM by CmarNYC : Steam support added

1691 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1273 Feedback Posts, 417 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 62 of 68
Test Subject
#1526 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 7:52 AM
Hi there. I installed this in the way instructed, I only have the core mod and the one that allows more sliders, as well as Master Controller installed. I got this one because some of my sliders weren't working, even with Master controller. Now the majority of my sliders no longer work, and this just happened to my sim: http://oi61.tinypic.com/rcrp8z.jpg Help?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1527 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 12:07 PM
That looks like faulty custom content. First make sure you're patched up to date, then try removing every package except XCAS, then add them back in small batches so you can see when the problems appear.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1528 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 3:24 PM
gracias!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1529 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 11:41 PM
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. But this mod crashes my game when I have this in my game I don't know why. I have Sims 3 1.42, I don't have 1.67 due to bad internet connection its to slow for me to install the last est update. I only have one expansion pack the Sims 3 Supernatural.

I read the readme file and I think I followed it correctly. But I could be wrong. How do I install this mod and get it work. I really like your mod I just don't know how to work it properly. Please help.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1530 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 5:36 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#1531 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 7:36 PM
Heyy I cant get the tattoo locations in my game, it won't show up and I don't understand the troubleshoot talk, please help?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1532 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by East541
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. But this mod crashes my game when I have this in my game I don't know why. I have Sims 3 1.42, I don't have 1.67 due to bad internet connection its to slow for me to install the last est update. I only have one expansion pack the Sims 3 Supernatural.

I read the readme file and I think I followed it correctly. But I could be wrong. How do I install this mod and get it work. I really like your mod I just don't know how to work it properly. Please help.

You need to install the version for patch 1.42. Look under Obsolete Versions.

Quote: Originally posted by HeyyitsTBo
Heyy I cant get the tattoo locations in my game, it won't show up and I don't understand the troubleshoot talk, please help?

Sorry, but I can't help with so little information. You're going to have to at least try to go through the troubleshooting advice. If you still can't get it working, post again with a list of exactly which packages you installed and your game patch version.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
#1533 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 6:55 AM
Hi, great mods thanks!

I'd like to report a bug, where if you edit sim head shape in naked mode, it will not affect the normal sim appearance (aka clothed mode), but only the nude mode.
Test Subject
#1534 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 3:57 PM
To work around that, make sure that you are in one of the normal clothing categories when you edit the shape of your sim.

Its actually listed in the the description of this mod, to edit sims in a normal mode and not nude mode.
Test Subject
#1535 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 6:51 PM
Help!
"The only stupid question is the question NOT asked."

And now for my stupid question. (I apolized in advance, I know this should make sense to me but for some it is not.)

I've only recently finally broke down and decided to upgrade from patch v1.63 to v1.67 and so have been going though all of my mod's making sure I have the latest versons.

I have downloaded the latest Master Controller (including the XCAS Tattoo extension) and am unsure what parts of cmar XCAS I need and which I don't.

If I am reading and understanding everything corrently, The only thing I need is:

XCAS Basic – Expanded number of sliders (MC only extends the range of sliders, not how many, I do have some extra body sliders installed.)
Tuning - Naked Clothing - only if I want to edit Naked outfit in CAS (Must have Basic install? or can use without?)
(MC supports everything else, extended Tattoo locations, Body hair for Teens)

And the Teen's files if I want to add Tattoo's for teens.

Is this correct?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1536 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 9:01 PM
Sorry for the delay in response!

You're basically correct. MC does increase the number of enabled sliders as I recall but XCAS will override/work with it. XCAS with the naked outfit tuning is needed for easily editing the naked outfit - it can be done in MC by changing to nude in the game, then using MC to edit the current outfit which will appear as Everyday, then saving; but it's not straightforward. Also keep in mind MC will not be used in the 'Edit Town' CAS unless you install the Integration module.

Test Subject
#1537 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 10:46 PM
I have a question, Ever since I got this mode, my game brings up the "Unofficial mod" stuff. I have checked numerous times to see if something else conflicted and have checked to see if it was just XCAS. I removed XCAS from my mods folder and the error didn't appear, yet when I only have the XCAS_CoreBasics67, I get the message. It's now starting to crash, which hasn't happened before. (TS3 I got from Steam, I have UL, SPN, LN and Pets from steam as well so they should all be up to date if that helps any. It was when I got Pets that it started crashing, but chances are it's probably my laptop, but might as well report all issues for clarity right?)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1538 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 11:06 PM
The warning message that you have unofficial mods comes up whenever you have any script or core mod (any mod that changes or adds to the game code) installed. It's normal and doesn't mean there's a problem. Since you're having crashes, you should check that you have the right version of XCAS for your game. If you're up to date the latest XCAS should be right. However, Steam does its versioning a little differently from the EA-direct game. As far as I know XCAS should still work with the equivalent patch versions of Steam but I can't test so don't know for sure. Your best bet is to test by playing without XCAS and see if the crashing still happens.

Test Subject
#1539 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 4:48 AM
Good evening, I have a quick question. Are you planning an update patch from 1.67 to 1.69? I've just updated my computer and reinstalled the sims3 and my game is now updated to 1.69.
Test Subject
#1540 Old 15th Nov 2015 at 11:45 AM
Thanks for all your great mods! They're really very nice to use in-game. Could I check if the skintone picker is compatible with 1.67?
Field Researcher
#1541 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gigglsprite
Good evening, I have a quick question. Are you planning an update patch from 1.67 to 1.69? I've just updated my computer and reinstalled the sims3 and my game is now updated to 1.69.

I'd like to know this also. While I assume it probably doesn't NEED an update, the message I'm getting upon starting up the game is rather annoying. :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1542 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pink_Pwincess
I'd like to know this also. While I assume it probably doesn't NEED an update, the message I'm getting upon starting up the game is rather annoying. :D

What message are you getting? Is it the normal warning that you have game mods installed?

I don't play Sims 3 anymore and didn't know there was an update. Making a new version of XCAS is tedious and time-consuming and I'll only do it if users report specific problems.

Mad Poster
#1543 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
What message are you getting? Is it the normal warning that you have game mods installed?

I don't play Sims 3 anymore and didn't know there was an update. Making a new version of XCAS is tedious and time-consuming and I'll only do it if users report specific problems.

Hey, Cmar. The new patch 1.69 released last week by way of Origin for Windows doesn't affect gameplay directly at all. But core mods intended for 1.67 will cause the version mismatch error to display and some players find additionally that their game minimizes to the task bar when this happens.

Although we are still not recommending that players accept the update, many already have with no path backwards and those installing/reinstalling digitally through Origin going forward have no choice. We released a version of NRaas ErrorTrap for 1.69 for just that reason since it's the only commonly used core mod in our collection, even though the 1.67 version should still have functioned properly beyond the initial warning.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1544 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 2:19 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 17th Nov 2015 at 4:08 PM.
Hi, Igazor. Gotcha - I had forgotten about that version mismatch message. Origin is (hopefully) updating my Sims 3 now so I'll double-check that there are no functionality changes in the module XCAS replaces and do a version that won't generate that message.

Edit: Done! I tested only briefly but will keep an eye out for any problems that would justify a full redo of XCAS for this version.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1545 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 8:34 PM
Thank you so much for patching this to 1.69!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1546 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 1:00 AM
Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1547 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 12:47 AM
Thank you for the update! It's really appreciated!
Test Subject
#1548 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 1:14 AM
Default Update
Thanks so much for updating!
Test Subject
#1549 Old 4th Jan 2016 at 1:04 PM
Hi I've installed the tattoo nude mod but my game says a not official mod is installed which is for older versions and it could cause crash or something like that. Please help
Lab Assistant
#1550 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 9:53 AM
Hi Cmar, First i want to tell you that i'm a huge fan of your work. However i ran into a problem this morning. With the patch update 1.69 that i got automaticly when i start Origin. (I have this option on because of the patches for sims 4, because i don't know how else to keep sims 4 up to date.) I downloaded your updated mod for 1.69. However this morning there was an update for the patch 1.69 and i got the error message with start up saying: it looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification etc. I took out all of my mods and put them back one by one. This mod was the only mod that made the message appear. Can i ignore the message of do i have to wait for an update for the mod? By the way. Sorry for any mistakes in writing english but i'm dutch.
Page 62 of 68