Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2013 at 5:25 PM Last edited by justJones : 10th Feb 2014 at 6:32 PM.
Default 50 Foals Challenge

Pets EP Required

OFFICIAL RULES:
Hello all you horse enthusiasts out there. Here is a challenge for you. It is a little something I've created for horses. Yes, those beloved equine mares and stallions we all adore will now have a challenge of their very own. If this peaks your interest, read on.

1. Create (not adopt) one Sim and One horse. Your horse may be male or female. Your Sim may also be male or female and does not have to be the same gender as your horse.

2. NO money cheats are allowed.

3. Each foal should have a different sire (father). Or dam (mother) if your horse is male.

4. Your Mare's (or Stallion) goal is to have 50 foals.

5. Yes, you may use any and all lifetime reward points your horse may have. You may also train them, race them, jump with them, etc. as you wish.

6. You may choose to sell, give away, etc each foal as it ages up into adulthood. Do not give away/sell a foal. (Alternate: You can sell a foal but only IF it achieves a trained trait such as 'fast'.)

7. Your Sim human (or vampire) can be any age with any traits. But YA is suggested so they can live longer and take care of all the horses/foals that will come to be under their care. Yes, other Sims may join your household.

8. Your human Sim and any other Sims may NOT choose a job or profession. (Except for Teenage Sims. The teenagers may have part-time jobs until graduation. Then they will either have to quit and help out on the ranch or move away.) Their job is to care for their growing ranch. They may collect, garden and fish, etc for extra simoleons. Self-employment is optional. (Hint: There is the horseman/horsewoman self-employment option now.)

9. You may choose any world you wish. But it must have the JRA International Equestrian Center in the world somewhere. As this is where you will be going with your Mare to breed her, contest her and sell your grown-up foals. You can also use Unicorns, Wild Horses and adopted ones as Sires to your foals. Used only once of course.

10. A little note on lot size. You may choose any size you wish IF it is at least a 30x30. The bigger the better but watch those beginning funds.

11. For those that use Stallions as their Founding horse, the mare that is impregnated must belong to the household at the time of birth. You can sell her afterwards if you wish. But that means bottle-feeding the foal.

12. Yes, your Sim may have other pets besides horses, such as a dog, cat, etc. Try to limit their numbers though so you still have room to work with your horse population.

13. Yes you may go to Edit Town and create more households for the town (with or without animals/horses) but your are NOT allowed to change the active household at any time.

14. When you create a thread or story, please include a link to these rules in your first post. This is not an actual rule but a request. Thank you.

Alternative Challenge Strategies

Alternate #1 - Use two mares (or stallions) instead of one. The second mare can be created in CAS or adopted in-game. Each mare will have the goal to produce 25 foals each instead of 50. All other rules of the challenge will apply.

Alternate #2
- Use five mares. Each must produce 10 foals. All the mares may use the same stallions for breeding, but each mare may use each stallion only once.

The first mare must be created in CAS along with your founding Sim. The other four mares may be adopted, bought or born into the household. (They do NOT have to be producing foals at the same time. You can use the 'next generation' card for choosing your mares if you wish.)

All other rules of the challenge will apply.

Optional Side-Challenges

These are optional and for those that really want to work a very tough challenge.

1. You must become a full owner (not just a partner) in every business in the world.

2. You must buy every venue in the world and upgrade each one at least once.

3. You must have your Sim get married and raise five children to teenagers.

4. Your Sim must achieve their life-time wish.

5. Your Sim must gain a degree (of their choice) at Sim University. (Requires University EP)

6. Try to stick to one breed for all dams and sires, so that all the foals in your challenge can be considered Purebred!

Do you want to try one of the above? How about all of them? Or perhaps you have an idea of your own. Have fun!

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th May 2013 at 5:34 PM
*waves* Hello everyone! Rawla/SIMyth here. You've probably seen this challenge up on Sims3.com site for the past year. I don't know why I haven't moved it over until now. I hope you all enjoy it. Have fun!
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th May 2013 at 5:09 PM
This sounds fun. I'll have to try it when my game finally downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:59 PM
Have fun! If you want to share your progress here or any foal pictures, feel free. XD
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th May 2013 at 10:28 AM
This looks great! I'm always looking for challenges to do for legacy spares. I just wanted to be sure the same animal must parent all 50 or can it be a generational horse legacy thing?

Dr. Qusul Pa'Lhaxalic has been reassigned and has a new partner. Stay Tuned.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th May 2013 at 5:28 PM
Thank you very much Secresa. It sounds like you might like to play by the Alternate #2 game strategy. Have fun!

Quote:
Alternate #2 - Use five mares. Each must produce 10 foals. All the mares may use the same stallions for breeding, but each mare may use each stallion only once.

The first mare must be created in CAS along with your founding Sim. The other four mares may be adopted, bought or born into the household. (They do NOT have to be producing foals at the same time. You can use the 'next generation' card for choosing your mares if you wish.)

Or, if you like to use more than five mares in the 'next generation' route, feel free. This is for your own enjoyment so however you choose to play, enjoy!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th May 2013 at 7:23 PM
Ack...apparently reading comprehension is not one of my strengths...

I'll definitely be giving this a try and I like the idea of making it a pure bloodline. It's more of a challenge if nothing else! I'm one of those gluttons for punishment so I'll have to see about the other challenges you've mentioned like business ownership and family life, etc. I'll make sure I upload some pics!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th May 2013 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Secresa
Ack...apparently reading comprehension is not one of my strengths...

I'll definitely be giving this a try and I like the idea of making it a pure bloodline. It's more of a challenge if nothing else! I'm one of those gluttons for punishment so I'll have to see about the other challenges you've mentioned like business ownership and family life, etc. I'll make sure I upload some pics!

Awesome! I look forward to seeing your progress. And no worries. It was a long post.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th May 2013 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rawla Simahu

OFFICIAL RULES:
Hello all you horse enthusiasts out there. Here is a challenge for you. It is a little something I've created for horses. Yes, those beloved equine mares and stallions we all adore will now have a challenge of their very own. If this peaks your interest, read on.

1. Create (not adopt) one Sim and One horse. Your horse may be male or female. Your Sim may also be male or female and does not have to be the same gender as your horse.

2. NO money cheats are allowed.

3. Each foal should have a different sire (father). Or dam (mother) if your horse is male.

4. Your Mare's (or Stallion) goal is to have 50 foals.

5. Yes, you may use any and all lifetime reward points your horse may have. You may also train them, race them, jump with them, etc. as you wish.

6. You may choose to sell, give away, etc each foal as it ages up into adulthood. Do not give away/sell a foal. (Alternate: You can sell a foal but only IF it achieves a trained trait such as 'fast'.)

7. Your Sim human (or vampire) can be any age with any traits. But YA is suggested so they can live longer and take care of all the horses/foals that will come to be under their care. Yes, other Sims may join your household.

8. Your human Sim and any other Sims may NOT choose a job or profession. (Except for Teenage Sims. The teenagers may have part-time jobs until graduation. Then they will either have to quit and help out on the ranch or move away.) Their job is to care for their growing ranch. They may collect, garden and fish, etc for extra simoleons. Self-employment is optional. (Hint: There is the horseman/horsewoman self-employment option now.)

9. You may choose any world you wish. But it must have the JRA International Equestrian Center in the world somewhere. As this is where you will be going with your Mare to breed her, contest her and sell your grown-up foals. You can also use Unicorns, Wild Horses and adopted ones as Sires to your foals. Used only once of course.

10. A little note on lot size. You may choose any size you wish IF it is at least a 30x30. The bigger the better but watch those beginning funds.

11. For those that use Stallions as their Founding horse, the mare that is impregnated must belong to the household at the time of birth. You can sell her afterwards if you wish. But that means bottle-feeding the foal.

12. Yes, your Sim may have other pets besides horses, such as a dog, cat, etc. Try to limit their numbers though so you still have room to work with your horse population.

13. Yes you may go to Edit Town and create more households for the town (with or without animals/horses) but your are NOT allowed to change the active household at any time.

14. When you create a thread or story, please include a link to these rules in your first post. This is not an actual rule but a request. Thank you.

Alternative Challenge Strategies

Alternate #1 - Use two mares (or stallions) instead of one. The second mare can be created in CAS or adopted in-game. Each mare will have the goal to produce 25 foals each instead of 50. All other rules of the challenge will apply.

Alternate #2
- Use five mares. Each must produce 10 foals. All the mares may use the same stallions for breeding, but each mare may use each stallion only once.

All other rules of the challenge will apply.

Optional Side-Challenges

These are optional and for those that really want to work a very tough challenge.

1. You must become a full owner (not just a partner) in every business in the world.

2. You must buy every venue in the world and upgrade each one at least once.

3. You must have your Sim get married and raise five children to teenagers.

4. Your Sim must achieve their life-time wish.

5. Your Sim must gain a degree (of their choice) at Sim University. (Requires University EP)

6. Try to stick to one breed for all dams and sires, so that all the foals in your challenge can be considered Purebred!

Do you want to try one of the above? How about all of them? Or perhaps you have an idea of your own. Have fun!

I might give this a go, I've been wanting to play a household in the world that came with the Pets expansion pack.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th May 2013 at 6:59 AM
Finally got set up with my founder, Justin Currier, and his horse, a mare named Prism.

They bought a place in Appaloosa Plains...where else? I'm going to keep the line pure, but that's probably going to take quite a few generations to find the right horses. I'm also going to have the family line take over the town in kind of a generational legacy.

Can't wait to breed a whole line of champions!
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th May 2013 at 12:55 PM
dedreav0531 - Yay! I hope you share your adventure here. I'd love to see your progress.

Secresa - Your Sim and horse look awesome! What breed have you chosen? I'm excited to see your challenge adventure as you go. Will you be creating a blog or story for it?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th May 2013 at 4:24 PM
dedreav0531 - Yay! I hope you share your adventure here. I'd love to see your progress.

Secresa - Your Sim and horse look awesome! What breed have you chosen? I'm excited to see your challenge adventure as you go. Will you be creating a blog or story for it?

Thanks! I went with Friesen (think I spelled that right). Hopefully I will be able to find the stallions at the ranch to breed with. I seem to see a lot of them. If it is looking iffy I might use the same father multiple times especially since I am focusing on a lot for this challenge. I do want variety though!

I actually hadn't thought about blogging it but that's a good idea! Probably not a story for this one as I have a couple others already in the works, but I definitely will do a progress report and post it! Right now my sim is really just learning how to ride, which is always funny, and looking for a wife to start a family.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th May 2013 at 9:26 AM
Ok, the pure line of horses kinda went out the window in a really big hurry. The stallions at the horse ranch just don't change quickly enough, so I chucked that part of the challenge. So far, money seems to be the hardest. It's really hard to race and keep everyone happy. Right now there are 3 horses on the ranch, Prism is pregnant again, Justin also now has a wife and two daughters. So....it's basically chaos. Fun, but still chaos!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th May 2013 at 9:53 AM
In the beginning things can be very challenging when it comes to funds. Especially if you choose to have a family as well. I commend you for being brave. It sounds like you are making a great start for yourself though!
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th May 2013 at 4:01 PM
I've been playing this for a few days and (unlike most challenges) I have not lost interest! I began with two adults who adopted two female horses (after all, they are free). As mentioned above, the hardest thing at first is money- I would make the woman paint and the man fish/garden in order to pay for breeding. However, my foals sell for up to $2,000, so once they started growing up, money became easier. I also adopted a unicorn stallion, and his foal with one of the mares sold for $10,000, so I recommend that! The unicorn also has maxed jumping/racing, so the winnings help.
Now the hardest thing is the family number limit, especially because I want to keep the unicorn stallion, and the couple had a baby girl. So my strategy for now is to adopt/buy female horses to breed with the stallion, which is much more trouble than my original strategy, so this will likely be a multi-generational challenge.
Right now one of the mares is pregnant with the 7th foal! Thanks for a great challenge!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th May 2013 at 2:38 AM
I finally got around to putting a short update together for Justin Currier and his horse, Prism. Hopefully I'll be quicker next time!

Enjoy!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th May 2013 at 7:13 PM
meus_obsequium - I'm so glad that you are enjoying the challenge! Seems like you are doing well. Have fun!

Secresa - I love your update for Prism and Justin. You are making very fine progress with family and horses. I love it!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st May 2013 at 4:07 AM
Thanks! I've even got a new one! This is by far the biggest household I've played so far and it is chaos -- fun, but chaos. Hope you enjoy it!

Since I'm actually raising all these horses and not selling them, I'm giving myself a bit of a break by not making each mare have the 5 foals. Prism's daughters will have a couple each; more once the kids get their own houses and I have more room!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th May 2013 at 8:58 PM
I love fun chaos! lol Looks like you are having sooo much fun! I'm glad. XD
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 7:29 AM
A new update for the Currier's!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 10:46 PM
Secresa - That was an awesome update packed full of so many events and happenings. I LOVED it! I can't wait to see more.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 12:12 AM
Secresa - That was an awesome update packed full of so many events and happenings. I LOVED it! I can't wait to see more.

Thanks! They're quite an adventurous family. Between them and the Praskovya's in my perfect genes challenge, I'm thoroughly exhausted by week's end!!

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 2:49 AM
The Currier's are back with a new update .

Enjoy!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 9:51 AM Last edited by Rawla Simahu : 24th Aug 2013 at 10:34 AM.
If anyone else is having fun with this challenge I would LOVE to see your horses and their foals. Feel free to share! XD
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 8:48 PM
If anyone else is having fun with this challenge I would LOVE to see your horses and their foals. Feel free to share! XD

Hey Rawla, I know you said no money cheats but does "freerealestate" count, because technically it's not getting you money?

This sounds like a great challenge I can't wait to try it!
Page 1 of 2