Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 8:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Bathroom Troubles
I started a new game on sims 3. I created my own house instead of buying one. I'm having a bit of a issue with the bathroom. I originally started with two sims. But I have the same sex pregnancy installed. One of my sims works at a restaurant the other the other is a Alchemist so he has a more flexibly schedule. Basically he is red skin, I have a mod that allows you to give your sims skin colors from all color of the rainbow.

So my sim met another sim that looked very hot. So basically I got that sim pregnant because I wanted to see what the baby would look like if they had one. I have a mod that lets me woohoo without committing to a relationship as long as you romance them a little first. I moved that sim into my household with my other to sims. When more then one of the is home. and the try to use the bathroom. You know how if another sim is in the bathroom they will get and shoo away the sim. Well now this is happening all the time. Even when they aren't in the same room. It has proven very annoying. One sim wants to take a bath or use the toilet.

I'm fairly certain it isn't a mod issue. I only install one or two mods at a time and if the cause any trouble in game I delete them.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 9:06 PM
You might wanna ask the folks in the Sims 3 Discussion Forum.
They've probably got some great ideas for helping you.

http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=561

Personally, I use NRaas WooHoo. It has an area that deals with privacy, if I remember correctly.
But I'm probably not the person who can give you dependable information.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 12:26 AM
Gonna be honest, since this was in off-topic instead of one of the sims forums, I was almost afraid to click on it... :P
#4 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 12:43 AM
I thought this was going to have something to do with taking a dump or something
#5 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
I thought this was going to have something to do with taking a dump or something

Yeah... I thought... FINALLY! Something I'm an expert on. But nooooo!
Theorist
#6 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby

Bathroom accidents. Like arriving too late at the toilet.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 12:41 AM
It sounds like a relationship issue, your sims are not recognizing each other as household members. Try moving one sim to another house or household, play for a sim-day or so then move them back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nimrod2
It sounds like a relationship issue, your sims are not recognizing each other as household members. Try moving one sim to another house or household, play for a sim-day or so then move them back.

I fixed it it took a lot of remodeling. Had to make a new hallway to the bathroom, and install. From what I gathered if their is no door the sims treat as you are trying to watch them use bathroom. It was easy to fix. I feel like a moron for not noticing it earlier.

I appreciate you attempting to help I posted this problem in another discussion thread not a single reply to help. But whatever it done with and finished.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 7:47 AM Last edited by igazor : 21st Aug 2015 at 7:23 PM.
Without a door, I don't think the game would know where the bathroom ends and the next room begins. It would all be one big room as far as privacy goes.

But if you want to control the privacy issue on rooms that are already defined (or maybe you want a bathroom that takes up the entire floor of a building, for instance?), there's always the NRaas Shooless mod.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Shooless+Interactions
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Without a door, I don't think the game wouldn't know where the bathroom ends and the next room begins. It would all be one big room as far as privacy goes.

But if you want to control the privacy issue on rooms that are already defined (or maybe you want a bathroom that takes up the entire floor of a building, for instance?), there's always the NRaas Shooless mod.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Shooless+Interactions

Thank you. I was looking for that mod I had heard of it before. And seen it once but I didn't think I'd need it. So I forgot were it was. You are a lifesaver this will make my current and future games easier.

Again thank I appreciate the link.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 7:51 AM
If there is no door (and, irritatingly, an arch is considered a door) then the entire space is considered by the game as one room. This can be bad, as in your case, or good - my starter houses are typically built with only a bathroom walled off along one wall creating a room at each end of the house connected by a hallway with no doors except the one to the bathroom, so decorations anywhere in the house contribute to mood anywhere in the house (except the bathroom).