Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 11:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons
Default Freeze with Seasons-Please HELP!
After i installed TS3 Seasons,my games has started to freeze just like "Elexis" Described in her thread.
The Household loads,but then freezes,with Plumbobs spinning,and sound still playing.
I Can still enter World Edit mode to put the new season's park.
I Never had this issue before,and i recently updated my Windows to Win 10.
I Got no CP,only some Store Content and all EP's
I Tried everything,removed many EP's,lowered all the Graphical configs,also tried with another world (Twinbrook,my sim live in Sunset Valley).
My configs:GTX 650,Pentium E5700 Dual Core 3.0 GHz,4 GB RAM,1 HD Samsung 250 GB,1 HD 160 GB WD.
Please help :/ (sorry for my bad english,i'm Brazilian)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 6:42 PM
Clean Run?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 12:01 AM
Clean run:
Move the "The Sims 3" folder out of My Documents on the Desktop (or just anywhere else really). Run the game, it will create a new one. Check if you are still having problems.
Report back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 12:03 AM
Ok,i will try it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 5:46 PM
Didn't worked :/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 5:46 PM
I'm sure that the problem is with Seasons!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 11:08 PM
Very likely. Seasons does put extra strain on your system. If you have all EP's then your graphics card might not be good enough. According to this chart and my experience, once you get a "maybe", you tend to start running into troubles.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...em_Requirements

Ok, I think once nitromon comes back, she probably will ask you to post your deviceconfig file from your "The Sims 3" folder. I know very little about Nvidia cards and Intel processors, so I'm fairly useless at this point. What was the advice in that thread you mentioned? However I think those Pentiums are fairly old.
Is the game patched to the latest? Even if the launcher tells you you have the latest patch, that is not always the case. Use the superpatcher to patch again: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page
Is the card properly recognized? Are the graphics drivers up-to-date?
Depending on how many programs you run in the background, 4GB may not be quite enough either. Once nitronom can tell you if this system is good enough, upgrading to 8 GB will probably be the cheapest advice.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mgmax
After i installed TS3 Seasons,my games has started to freeze just like "Elexis" Described in her thread.
The Household loads,but then freezes,with Plumbobs spinning,and sound still playing.
I Can still enter World Edit mode to put the new season's park.
I Never had this issue before,and i recently updated my Windows to Win 10.
I Got no CP,only some Store Content and all EP's
I Tried everything,removed many EP's,lowered all the Graphical configs,also tried with another world (Twinbrook,my sim live in Sunset Valley).
My configs:GTX 650,Pentium E5700 Dual Core 3.0 GHz,4 GB RAM,1 HD Samsung 250 GB,1 HD 160 GB WD.
Please help :/ (sorry for my bad english,i'm Brazilian)

Who is Elexis and what thread?

Btw I noticed you said you just updated to Windows 10. Is this before or after installing TS3? I presume you may have to reinstall TS3 from scratch after Windows 10.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm not a she.

3) Please post your deviceconfig.

Oops!