Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 5:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets
Default How do I replace the music for CAS, build/buy, neighborhood, load screens?
I downloaded all of the TS2 music that I knew and loved in the days of old. Now, I love TS3, and I think it's a better game, but I hate the music, so I wanted to simply replace all the music with the old Sims 2 music to substantially enhance my gaming experience. But apparently, sticking all that music in the Custom Music folder doesn't replace the music for CAS, build/buy, neighborhood, and load screens. All I want to do is erase ALL of the Sims 3 music and replace it all with Sims 2 music. I may have done something wrong but I don't think so, I think it may take more deep customization to do this. I would appreciate any and all hints, tips, comments, et cetera that anyone might be able to offer! Much love <3
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 7:59 AM
That music is contained within some of the game files, as is the default radio music. I have seen threads on extracting and replacing these files but it gets quite technical and there is no utility program for this.

This may help, if you wish to tackle the procedure:

http://uoem.com/forums/threads/sims...location.17729/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nimrod2
That music is contained within some of the game files, as is the default radio music. I have seen threads on extracting and replacing these files but it gets quite technical and there is no utility program for this.

This may help, if you wish to tackle the procedure:

http://uoem.com/forums/threads/sims...location.17729/

I will definitely try to do this, thank you!
It does seem quite technical, but I am an aspiring computer programmer. I'll work at it for days if it's difficult, and learn something in the process. I'm not saying I won't screw it up, I'm just saying I'll thoroughly enjoy screwing it up over and over again until it works.
Thanks again, so much <3