Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 9:55 AM
Default Not Responding
I had several issues including this and screen crash issue,
This issue is kinda weird.When I launch the game the black screen keeps appearing.The game never loads.So after I press CTRL+ALT+DEL and go to the task manager it says "Sims 3-Not responding".But if I reboot the system and re-launch the game sooner as the PC turned on the game will start.But if I didn't launch the game as soon as I turned on the PC it won't respond.As an example-If I turned on my PC and launched the game it will load.If I do something like browse the web or watch a movie,then after that I can't play the game.

I tried WAITING(I have even waited for more than 10 mins),Checking it on a vanilla game but nothing happens.

As I remember this thing started to happen after I added some modes.But it won't work even I removed the entire MODS folder.Whatever I took a screenshot of the task manager when it won't respond,
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 10:20 AM
Check your windows error logs. I suspect some background service is conflicting with Sims3 (some services may not be completely running til several minutes after windows has loaded).

Also, instead of merely removing your mods folder, move or rename the entire sims3 folder and start the game; it will rebuild this folder with all default parameters/files, if this runs normally there is a problem with some of those files but not necessarily the mods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nimrod2
Check your windows error logs. I suspect some background service is conflicting with Sims3 (some services may not be completely running til several minutes after windows has loaded).

Also, instead of merely removing your mods folder, move or rename the entire sims3 folder and start the game; it will rebuild this folder with all default parameters/files, if this runs normally there is a problem with some of those files but not necessarily the mods.

Already tried but didn't work
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aiden31
As I remember this thing started to happen after I added some modes.But it won't work even I removed the entire MODS folder.Whatever I took a screenshot of the task manager when it won't respond,

Try to removed your TS3 Documents folder to desktop or somewhere else, restart your game, and then quit the game at the main menu, (this will create new TS3 Documents folder), now open your old TS3 Documents folder at desktop, copy or move your Deviceconfig and Option to your new TS3 Documents folder, don't put your mods folder just yet, now launch the game, after the game runs normal as it should, now you just need to check your mods files before you put them back in.

PS: Edited, if you can't even launch the game after you removed your TS3 Documents folder, then your TS3 game installation might be broken or something else in the background prevent you from launching the game.