Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 11:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University Life
Default Sims 3 won't open after launcher
Hey everybody, so I'm trying to get sims 3 set up on my new computer but it won't load after I press play on the launcher. I had the game and eps installed and everything was working fine. Then I went to download the stuff I have from the store and a few mods. Ever sine then I can't get it to load. I open the launcher and everything seems normal, then when I press play it goes to a black screen with the loading circle (like it normally would) but then after a couple seconds it minimizes itself and I can't get it to actually load the game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and uninstalled and reinstalled to a different location. nothing I can think of is working and I've looked around for answers and nothing else works either. I currently have just the base game installed, unpatched to see if a patch wasn't working or if something went wrong with one of the eps. I am running windows 7, Nvidia quadro graphics with 2 GB dedicated, 16 GB ram, and plenty of storage space. I can't think of anything else to try so I'm asking if anyone here can help. Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 8:54 PM
I currently don't have any mods. I played with just the base game and eps and it worked great. but when I added mods it didn't work. So I removed the mods and reinstalled the game and it still won't run.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 8:58 PM
Ok well I just tried to play to see if it would work today and it started up like normal and everything seems to be fixed. I didn't do anything different or change anything, but it seems to be working now. Guess it was just a weird glitch. Thanks!